Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: "The more civilized we become, the less individual liberties we get to keep."

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:15 AM

Re: "The more civilized we become, the less individual liberties we get to keep."

Is this a competition or something for you? I thought it was an exploration and exchange of thoughts based on something someone wrote on a forum. Provide the conversation so we can see how the statement was framed and judge for ourselves why he said what he said. Only a right-fighter wouldn't make the information available.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    11:15 PM

Re: "The more civilized we become, the less individual liberties we get to keep."

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    "The more civilized we become, the less individual liberties we get to keep."

This was a quote from a member of another forum. He actually wrote it with an air of "of course, so what?"

What say you?

**I'd like to add a poll, but that option is apparently gone. **
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Is this a competition or something for you? I thought it was an exploration and exchange of thoughts based on something someone wrote on a forum. Provide the conversation so we can see how the statement was framed and judge for ourselves why he said what he said. Only a right-fighter wouldn't make the information available.
    My apologies. I can see how "What say you?" in this context might be interpreted as asking if you agree with me about the air he displayed. I wasn't asking that. I was asking if you agree that the more civilized we become, the less individual liberties we get to keep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10