Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr blooming Who

Hybrid View

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time
    02:37 PM

Dr blooming Who

Let me make it clear from the start I am not a fan of the world beating, fifty year old series of sci fi drama, known as Dr Who.
    I did watch it years ago, when I was a kid, I can see the attraction, I am not knocking the people who enjoy it, long may it continue.

So why this post ?

Why does the latest Dr Who, leaving after three years, take up space on the international news program with speculation on he's replacement and possibly change of gender for the next one ?

Am I missing some reason why this takes up valuable time in supposed News Broadcasts ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time
    01:37 PM

Re: Dr blooming Who

Yes you are missing something but if you don't get it then explaining won't help you. Why dop people watch coronation street? Same idea different genre.

Golf is a past time that no one in their right minds would take part imo. I have this theory that the reason it is so popular is no one wants to admit they think it's crap. I mean how bored do you need to be before trying to get a ball you hit with a stick down a small hole seems like a good idea?

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

But gmc......my question is why does it warrent News time for a change of personnel ?

Banned
    Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    But gmc......my question is why does it warrent News time for a change of personnel ?
    No It doesn't.

I think what happens especially where the BBC are concerned, Is that they Insist something or someone Is a national treasure and end up believing their own hype. So convinced of their own BS are they that they believe the entire country believes Its a national treasure and it's not. They may boast high viewing figures but I'll bet most are children who don't buy newspapers. Besides, those children have plenty of sites on line of keeping up with the latest changes to the prog.

I tried watching It once last year. Some girl spent 10 minutes screaming which Irritated the crap out of much that I changed channels to watch Golf.

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Maybe because Jordan hasnt had much to say for herself lately and even the BBC cant bear the sight nor sound of Kerrie Katona.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Maybe because the entire tv networks have dumbed their output down considerably in the last 20 years?
    But I do watch Dr Who, it's a tradition for my daughter and I although David Tennant was better than Matt Smith!
    Originally Posted by spot
    She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

The sole reason it's on the BBC news bulletins is that the producers are trying thereby to goad Sir Ian McKellen into the role, after which he can be promoted to Lord McKellen of Gallifrey.
    Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

I am not knocking the program or taking the pee out of whoever wants to watch it, I am watching a lot of daytime TV at the moment so......since it was known whatisname was going, several News bulletins have carried it as well as several other daytime programs.
    I can understand the likes of the Wright stuff filling out the fluffy bits on their programs, but not the bloody National News........isn't there enough real news to fill it out ?
    And that is why I posed the question.

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

It was brought back by popular demand after the bbc dropped it as being a bit naff,. Each generation has it's doctor who. It's part of our culture and is of interest to a great many people. It's not of interest to you but is to a large section of the population spanning the generations it is and as such is an item of interest. There are many things of interest to people that make others wonder why does it matter. Personally I couldn't care less about alex Ferguson retiring but recognise it's legitimacy as a newsworthy event. This is just the variations on a theme.

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Its a million times better than Corrie, Eastenders, and sodding Big Brother
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast