Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Scrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,401
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    04:00 AM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Gee I was quite prepared to reply to any post you might make citizen Scrat ... However words and phrases like this: �Bull**** � As for the rest of your post its not worth commenting on �� hardly encourage civilized debate.
    Asininery tries my patience as of late. You are excused, I didn't want to play ball with you either. Buh Bye!!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You do know it was america that helped out the Taliban in power in Afghanistan don't you and that the main sponsor of al queda is saudi arabia? Don't take my word for it if you didn't that's not some wild conspiracy theory but fact that can be checked out.

    Why is the US supporting islamists in syria - where they are talking about arming them. That was a serious question because I can't find any logic in US middle eastern policy.
    Indeed gmc, I am aware that the USA assisted the Taliban in Afghanistan ... however in my opinion this assistance was necessary and should be looked at in the light of what the circumstances were back then.

    At the time the Soviet Union was considered a greater threat than the Taliban ... and they were. Communism had spread across Eastern Europe and millions of people were enslaved. The Mujahidin caused serious casualties to the Soviet forces and made the war very costly for them. So in 1989 they withdrew from Afghanistan with a bloodied nose and a severe loss of face in the region. Mission accomplished!

    I hear what you say about al-Quaeda gmc, but according to Michel Chossudovsky, author of the international bestseller Americas War on Terrorism, al-Quaeda is a United States sponsored intelligence asset. So what are we to believe then?

    As for Syria ... well France & Britain are doing the same thing as the USA. As for the logic behind Middle Eastern policy, I do believe it's called "strategic interests" gmc, but personally if it helps keeps terrorists at bay then it works for me!

    I am going to post a separate thread later about the invasion & occupation of countries around the world by major powers & look forward to reading your opinion of it.

    Take care now and have an awesome day!

  3. #23
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,094
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.



    I love happy endings
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post


    I love happy endings
    You're not just whistling Dixie man!

  5. #25
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,693
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    12:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    Indeed gmc, I am aware that the USA assisted the Taliban in Afghanistan ... however in my opinion this assistance was necessary and should be looked at in the light of what the circumstances were back then.

    At the time the Soviet Union was considered a greater threat than the Taliban ... and they were. Communism had spread across Eastern Europe and millions of people were enslaved. The Mujahidin caused serious casualties to the Soviet forces and made the war very costly for them. So in 1989 they withdrew from Afghanistan with a bloodied nose and a severe loss of face in the region. Mission accomplished!

    I hear what you say about al-Quaeda gmc, but according to Michel Chossudovsky, author of the international bestseller America�s War on Terrorism, al-Quaeda is a United States sponsored intelligence asset. So what are we to believe then?

    As for Syria ... well France & Britain are doing the same thing as the USA. As for the logic behind Middle Eastern policy, I do believe it's called "strategic interests" gmc, but personally if it helps keeps terrorists at bay then it works for me!

    I am going to post a separate thread later about the invasion & occupation of countries around the world by major powers & look forward to reading your opinion of it.

    Take care now and have an awesome day!

    I'd love for you to explain how arming the terrorists and paying them to bring down the established government of the country constitutes "keeping them at bay"!

    I agree, it is in America's short term interest to destabilise the entire region but, in the longer term, we end up with a stronger terrorist force ranged against us and the region will reform as an Islamic power block - not good news.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    I'd love for you to explain how arming the terrorists and paying them to bring down the established government of the country constitutes "keeping them at bay"!

    I agree, it is in America's short term interest to destabilise the entire region but, in the longer term, we end up with a stronger terrorist force ranged against us and the region will reform as an Islamic power block - not good news.
    Well somehow it must be working as since 9/11 a host of planned terrorist attacks appear have been thwarted.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,693
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    12:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    Well somehow it must be working as since 9/11 a host of planned terrorist attacks appear have been thwarted.
    That would be the result of intelligence work and policing – not arming terrorists in other countries.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    That would be the result of intelligence work and policing – not arming terrorists in other countries.
    All part of the strategy I guess ...

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,693
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    12:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    All part of the strategy I guess ...
    I'd love for you to explain how arming the terrorists and paying them to bring down the established government of the country constitutes "keeping them at bay"!

    Care to point out how such a "strategy" could possibly work?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,602
    Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

    Re: Bradley Manning ... U.S. Traitor.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    I'd love for you to explain how arming the terrorists and paying them to bring down the established government of the country constitutes "keeping them at bay"!

    Care to point out how such a "strategy" could possibly work?

    Bryn ... it must be fairly obvious by now that I am very pro western and in particular pro American ... This being so, the fact that terrorist atrocities against the west and against America are currently at a low ebb, to me equates to the "strategy" working.

    The fact that a large chunk of the democratic & civilized world, including Britain, supports the USA works for me too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let's Blame It All On Private Manning
    By Lon in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
  2. Oprah labelled a 'traitor'
    By Chezzie in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
  3. Bernard Manning.
    By Bill Sikes in forum General TV Shows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 03:32 AM
  4. Ed Bradley Passes On
    By polycarp in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 11:11 AM
  5. Ed Bradley dies
    By lady cop in forum General TV Shows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 07:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts