Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Help?

Banned
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    03:29 PM

Can Anyone Help?

A friend moved house about a month ago. Her twelve year old son who until the move had never had any problem sleeping, now refuses to sleep in his bedroom. Every night without exception he gets up and crawls into bed with his long suffering sixteen year old sister.

Despite having been threatened with all sorts of dire punishment, he steadfastly refuses to sleep in his bedroom. Today after her son had a chat with his gran, she found out why.

He said that there is someone in the bedroom "watching him." He also said that the family cat who sleeps on his bed during the day, will NOT come into his bedroom after dark.

Could he have suddenly become afraid of the dark or could there actually be "a presence" in his bedroom? How can she find out if in fact, for want of a better word, there is "a ghost" in his room? Who should his mom talk to about the problem?

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    08:29 AM

Re: Can Anyone Help?

Contact 'Ghost Hunters'
    Ghost Hunters | Syfy

there ya go!
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Why can't they switch his room for awhile, not to his sister's, of course.

Banned
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Why can't they switch his room for awhile, not to his sister's, of course.
    I was gonna suggest they let him swop rooms with someone else to see if they sense anything ...

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

In case you think I was joking here, I wasn't. We watch that show and there have been similar occurrences that they come and investigate. It tends to calm folks down, if nothing else.

Banned
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    In case you think I was joking here, I wasn't. We watch that show and there have been similar occurrences that they come and investigate. It tends to calm folks down, if nothing else.
    Actually yes ... I didn't believe you were being serious.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    I was gonna suggest they let him swop rooms with someone else to see if they sense anything ...
    That's exactly what I had in mind. Although, even if the new inhabitant senses nothing, that doesn't mean the boy is wrong. We are not all sensitive to the same things. But if the new inhabitant IS fine, than at least everyone gets a good night's sleep, including the cat.

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Perhaps the house has a history the realtor or landlord did not disclose to your friend. She may want to ask around and investigate.

I think the boy should sleep on the couch for the time being.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Banned
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    That's exactly what I had in mind. Although, even if the new inhabitant senses nothing, that doesn't mean the boy is wrong. We are not all sensitive to the same things. But if the new inhabitant IS fine, than at least everyone gets a good night's sleep, including the cat.

Personally I have almost always been sceptical about spirits and that kinda stuff ... but I am open to new experiences and do believe that just because I don't believe in ghosts doesn't mean I'm right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast