Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 109

Thread: Civil rights ?

  1. #21
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,038
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    Are you saying you dispute that there are places to avoid?
    Is that what I highlighted in the quote? Surely, I said that scum also have no problem spreading their filth via the internet. Was that not clear?
    Clearly directed at me.

    ForumGarden General Rules

    1.General Posting Rules:

    1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it. ForumGarden is not here to be your personal battlefield. The Golden Rule applies. People who embark on personal attacks or are unable to comment on the CONTENT but instead go after the poster are not welcome. ForumGarden is a place where friends gather. If you are unable to cope with a friendly and supportive atmosphere, then please leave. Friendliness counts and it will determine whether or not you have an account here. Draconian rules? If you are a non-civil trouble-maker, I'm sure you'll think so! For all other friends, welcome!

    (See 1.0) 1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  2. #22
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,891
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Ya think? So you're the scum referred to in your post? Maybe we should define 'scum' in this context. Since you were the first to use the term, I'll allow you to do the defining.

    Go for it!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  3. #23
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,252
    Local Date
    11-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:59 AM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    I don't have a problem when people want to "live with their own" But when they have to ask what a white woman is doing with a black man then ......well........if it was me I'd probably give quite an explicit answer. LOL LOL LOL

  4. #24
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Clearly directed at me.

    ForumGarden General Rules

    1.General Posting Rules:

    1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it. ForumGarden is not here to be your personal battlefield. The Golden Rule applies. People who embark on personal attacks or are unable to comment on the CONTENT but instead go after the poster are not welcome. ForumGarden is a place where friends gather. If you are unable to cope with a friendly and supportive atmosphere, then please leave. Friendliness counts and it will determine whether or not you have an account here. Draconian rules? If you are a non-civil trouble-maker, I'm sure you'll think so! For all other friends, welcome!

    (See 1.0) 1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
    I believe I've already asked you nicely to not be a crybaby. No one was calling you scum, maybe it's your conscience telling you not to call other people scum.

  5. #25
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,038
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    I believe I've already asked you nicely to not be a crybaby. No one was calling you scum, maybe it's your conscience telling you not to call other people scum.
    I believe I answered you that I don't have to put up with his name calling. To old for this nonsense.

    I have had it with him. I avoid him, but he seems, from day one determined to be a pest.

    No way can I stop him from stalking me here. Considering most of what he says is not well thought out it is easy to just ignore him.

    As far as calling murderers, rapists, robbers etc. scum, I am only bothered there is not a more appropriate term to convey my disgust and hatred towards such folk.

    It is one thing on this site to effectively ridicule another's argument, how one came to whatever conclusion etc., I expect that, live for it.

    I come here expecting to be challenged, and I got it in spades.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  6. #26
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,891
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I believe I answered you that I don't have to put up with his name calling.

    I have had it with him. I avoid him, but he seems, from day one determined to be a pest.

    No way can I stop him from stalking me here. Considering most of what he says is not well thought out it is easy to just ignore him.

    As far as calling murderers, rapists, robbers etc. scum, I am only bothered there is not a more appropriate term to convey my disgust and hatred towards such folk.

    It is one thing on this site to effectively ridicule another's argument, how one came to whatever conclusion etc., I expect that, live for it.

    I come here expecting to be challenged, and I got it in spades.
    So what you're saying then is that you avoid any street, regardless of its name, that there might be any rapist, murderers, robbers, etc.? Do you check out every resident of every block before you walk on it?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  7. #27
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    As far as calling murderers, rapists, robbers etc. scum, I am only bothered there is not a more appropriate term to convey my disgust and hatred towards such folk.

    The problem is when you say scum you are not defining them as above. It appears that you are in general calling certain people who live in certain areas as scum. It appears all the people who live there are covered by the same blanket.

    Our tribe (I love when you say that) should be immune to name-calling by now. I believe you not only can ignore it, I believe you should learn to accurately describe just who you are calling "scum" & "feral", etc by using a few more key strokes, else you are being too vague & you are allowing others to fill in the blanks.

  8. #28
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    So what you're saying then is that you avoid any street, regardless of its name, that there might be any rapist, murderers, robbers, etc.? Do you check out every resident of every block before you walk on it?
    Ahso! anyone who goes around anywhere should be very careful of what/who is around them. Not to do so is stupid. And to be extra-careful in high crime areas? Worse than stupid, suicidal. Nothing wrong or racist in that, it's survival. I always am aware of my surroundings wherever & whenever I am anywhere.

  9. #29
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,891
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Ahso! anyone who goes around anywhere should be very careful of what/who is around them. Not to do so is stupid. And to be extra-careful in high crime areas? Worse than stupid, suicidal. Nothing wrong or racist in that, it's survival. I always am aware of my surroundings wherever & whenever I am anywhere.
    Seriously Anne, It's not necessary to lecture me on street safety. I'm a 57 year old father of five and grandfather of two. Just allow me to engage TD on what he's said and cease trying to mediate. Otherwise, If you've got something of substance to add, please do.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  10. #30
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Register to remove this ad.
    You're just pissed that I'm saying what you don't want to hear Ahso! I'm not trying to mediate anything, just stating my opinion when & where I want to.

    5 kids? That's a lot of kids.

    Anyhow, what you are saying, or the way you are saying it, makes it appear it is racist or wrong to care about personal safety. It isn't. & women generally know that as well or better than men.

    I remember TD telling a story that when he goes to fish he brings his gun because there was a murder nearby. In my mind, being in a lonely rural area is, or can be, extremely life-threatening & because it's America, he is right to bring his gun & in that situation I think I would too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Britain's civil rights
    By Oscar Namechange in forum History
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. Happy Meal or Civil/Human Rights
    By Ahso! in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
  3. US Civil War
    By alan peacock in forum History
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
  4. Clinton speaks before Hispanic civil rights conference
    By CVX in forum Presidential Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
  5. Welcome to the Civil Rights Forum
    By ForumGarden in forum Social & Human Rights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts