Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: Civil rights ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Civil rights ?

    Watched the 60th anniversary of the 63 march on Washington last night on TV.
    Now I see this gentleman doing his utmost in North Dakota.
    Strangely enough racists on Stormfront are distancing themselves from him
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  2. #2
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    What are they saying on Stormfront? You know I won't go there again. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!! YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,530
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    We should never be surprised when ignorant people do ignorant things.

  4. #4
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    We should never be surprised when ignorant people do ignorant things.
    I wouldn't expect otherwise. That guy looks like a former hippie who tripped once too often & boiled his brains. Nothing intellectual about him.

  5. #5
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,037
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Watched the 60th anniversary of the 63 march on Washington last night on TV.
    63 march in 1953?

    I take it you mean the march in 1963 where a Dr. Martin Luther King gave his famous "I have a dream" speech.

    Anyway, I find it interesting you go from that to a small town in North Dakota, population of like 16 people.

    Leith, North Dakota

    In all due respect to the fine folk who live there and have to put up with that loon, I think about the thousands of fine folk living on or around Martin Luther King Blvd, Los Angeles.

    Maybe just a matter of perspective.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    What are they saying on Stormfront? You know I won't go there again. Thanks.
    I speed read it earlier, and thought they were calling him a self publicist nutter but unless they removed some posts I can't see those posts anymore.
    The general consensus is that he has lost a good opportunity by shooting his mouth off too early in the game.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    63 march in 1953?

    I take it you mean the march in 1963 where a Dr. Martin Luther King gave his famous "I have a dream" speech.
    It is my mathmatics that are flawed not my thinking.
    Calling a boulevard after a dead african American in Los Angeles doesn't solve the creeping problems in Leith, the two things are only remotely related.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  8. #8
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,581
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    It is my mathmatics that are flawed not my thinking.
    Calling a boulevard after a dead african American in Los Angeles doesn't solve the creeping problems in Leith, the two things are only remotely related.
    I don't think they're related at all. Strawman.

  9. #9
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,037
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:13 PM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    It is my mathmatics that are flawed
    No biggy Bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    not my thinking.
    OK

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Calling a boulevard after a dead african American in Los Angeles doesn't solve the creeping problems in Leith, the two things are only remotely related.
    Thank you, just as if the, uh 50th anniversary thingy had anything directly related to Leigh ND.

    I grew up in Los Angeles and knew better than walk along or near MLK Blvd, especially after dark. I would advise thel same when visiting an any major city with a MLK road.

    So there is a story of a city, Leigh, ND with zero crime while ignoring crime all over the nation.


    Go figure.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Civil rights ?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I grew up in Los Angeles and knew better than walk along or near MLK Blvd, especially after dark. I would advise the same when visiting an any major city with a MLK road.

    So there is a story of a city, Leigh, ND with zero crime while ignoring crime all over the nation.


    Go figure.
    I was linking them on the basis that although 50 years have passed, the likes of Craig Cobb and your good self still react to colour illogically.
    The logic according to some is the high percentage of blacks jailed in the USA is because blacks carry a criminal gene.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Britain's civil rights
    By Oscar Namechange in forum History
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. Happy Meal or Civil/Human Rights
    By Ahso! in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
  3. US Civil War
    By alan peacock in forum History
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
  4. Clinton speaks before Hispanic civil rights conference
    By CVX in forum Presidential Elections & Campaigns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
  5. Welcome to the Civil Rights Forum
    By ForumGarden in forum Social & Human Rights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts