Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Mothers to get a £200 incentive to breastfeed... in Poundstretcher vouchers: Critics claim scheme is form of bribery | Mail Online

    Surely, this Is a woman's Individual choice and the state should just mind their own damn business.

  2. #2
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,596
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 AM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    By Whom and how shall the verification process be managed, I have to wonder.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Surely, this Is a woman's Individual choice and the state should just mind their own damn business.
    The woman can choose to accept the 'bribe' or not...... her choice......her business.
    The benefits will far out weigh the 'bribe' in healthier babies, infants and adults as a result, cutting potential health spending from public funds later in life.
    I personally believe a lot of todays ailments are due to stuffing our babes with man made formulas, because it suits our lifestyles, and sod the kids well being.....but thats just me, I can't breast feed...........can I have an opinion ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    The woman can choose to accept the 'bribe' or not...... her choice......her business.
    The benefits will far out weigh the 'bribe' in healthier babies, infants and adults as a result, cutting potential health spending from public funds later in life.
    I personally believe a lot of todays ailments are due to stuffing our babes with man made formulas, because it suits our lifestyles, and sod the kids well being.....but thats just me, I can't breast feed...........can I have an opinion ?
    Breast milk is NOT better than baby formula, scientists claim | Mail Online

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Interesting.... just logged onto facebook and my own niece who has just had a baby has this to say:

    Lucette Baker

    No amount of vouchers could get me to breast feed yuck!!!! I can't do it any way but just seems a waste of money to me shouldn't we put this money towards better things like some children's hospice that can't get government funding coz supposedly there isn't the money for them!or a meals on wheels service for the elderly that has proper food not slop . I had a woman come round four times after having Leyla trying to push me into it she even checked my notes to see If I defiantly couldn't feed her ! No wonder people don't do it u just wanna tell them to f**k off!! X
    2 hours ago
    LikeCommentShare
    You and 3 others like this.

    Well said.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    What a load of testes......
    What would you expect the blooming so called scientists to say ?
    I have never known so many kids to be hyper-active, or have allergies against different foods, pollens etc.
    I wouldn't force anyone to do anything they thought was 'yucky' I would question what made them think breast feeding was 'yucky' though.
    Those things are not for decorating page three, they deliver a natural balanced formula devised by thousands of years evolution.
    Besides the health there are phsycological reasons, a feeding baby should snuggle into their mother's body, not be passed around with a glass bottle fitted with a simulated nipple made of god knows what..........
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    05:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    What a load of testes......
    What would you expect the blooming so called scientists to say ?
    I have never known so many kids to be hyper-active, or have allergies against different foods, pollens etc.
    I wouldn't force anyone to do anything they thought was 'yucky' I would question what made them think breast feeding was 'yucky' though.
    Those things are not for decorating page three, they deliver a natural balanced formula devised by thousands of years evolution.
    Besides the health there are phsycological reasons, a feeding baby should snuggle into their mother's body, not be passed around with a glass bottle fitted with a simulated nipple made of god knows what..........
    No Bruv. That's your opinion.

    If It's not opinion, then show us some evidence that formula creates hyperactivity and allergies.

    Now I'll tell you why that's bollocks.

    In 2010, 81 % of mothers Initially breast fed their babies. I heard on Radio 4 today, that In the UK today, 91 % of mothers breast feed.
    So where are all these " so many kids to be hyper-active, or have allergies against different foods, pollens etc " then ?

    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8335853.html

    The allergies come later. Of course you may have some evidence to show different as you're claiming Formula milk creates all these allergies and hyperactivity.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    10-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:12 PM

    Re: New Mums to be bribed with vouchers to breast feed.

    Register to remove this ad.
    I would dispute the figures, 81% of mothers initially breast feed at birth,what does that mean? 81% try I imagine, but due to it being seen as yucky, persevere a couple of hours before giving up.
    OK then...........given the choice, would you seperate your Fox cubs from their mother and bottle feed the buggers with a man made concoction dripped through rubberised plastic teats, or leave it to nature ?

    If it's good enough for them it's good enough for humankind.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Planned Parenthood Offers Gift Vouchers
    By Touchstone in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
  2. Men who breast-feed
    By Pheasy in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
  3. Free Vouchers and Discount Codes - Updated Daily
    By max99 in forum Hot Deals & Freebies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:22 AM
  4. For all mums
    By pina in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 04:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts