Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Offended!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:12 AM

I'm Offended!

Maybe management will sticky or pin (however it's termed here) this thread?

This is a thread where members may get their offenses voiced without derailing other threads.

Just air it out all you like, within the rules of course.

Link the associated thread in your post if you like so readers can grasp whatever it is you're so upset and carrying on about.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    02:12 PM

Re: I'm Offended!

What kind of sad git comes on to a discussion forum just so they can find offence and then recite their offence on a thread dedicated to people who find things offensive?

If somebody disagrees with you they are not trying to offend they are just disagreeing. If someone is being a smart arse and trying to wind you up why waste time being offended by them - that's what they want so why let them succeed?

How about a happy thread where members may get their offences voiced and tell everybody they are happy. Am I bothered? seems a good title.

Banned
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    What kind of sad git comes on to a discussion forum just so they can find offence and then recite their offence on a thread dedicated to people who find things offensive?
    One who's waiting for the next spat and not seeing one on the horizon thinks he'll start his own.

Well said Auld Yin

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:12 AM

I don't think most people who become easily offended seek to be offended, I think it's a consequence of discussions sometimes. However, it's not fair to the rest of the posters to have to watch a thread they are interested in become derailed by someone who hasn't come to terms with the subject internally and focus instead on how they're offended by x-poster's comments. this is a thread where those people who have an aching need to express their displeasure all they want or need and still maintain the integrity of the thread where they found offense.

If somebody disagrees with you they are not trying to offend they are just disagreeing. If someone is being a smart arse and trying to wind you up why waste time being offended by them - that's what they want so why let them succeed?
    Oftentimes people become offended by something they read into a sentence and not what's actually being said. I think the offended often can't contribute to the subject and attempt to add to it by voicing their offense. They need to understand though that that is indeed derailing the conversation, especially if the complaint is ongoing.

How about a happy thread where members may get their offences voiced and tell everybody they are happy. Am I bothered? seems a good title.
    Put your money where your mouth is and initiate one.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

OK I shall put my two pennorth.........

I am not a fan of the back biting and bickering that sometimes derails threads.
    We are all adults though, we can walk away, ignore, or give as good as we get.
    I think that most times the moderation is OK, allowing things to sort them selves out naturally, there times when a firmer hand is needed.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    OK I shall put my two pennorth.........

I am not a fan of the back biting and bickering that sometimes derails threads.
    We are all adults though, we can walk away, ignore, or give as good as we get.
    I think that most times the moderation is OK, allowing things to sort them selves out naturally, there times when a firmer hand is needed.

Maybe, interestingly though, subscribing members do have a chance to give their opinion on fall outs and to suggest what should happen.
    The reality is hardly any members voice their opinions, they stay well clear and all we get are the involved parties arguing amongst themselves

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Personally I think if you are offended it's ok to type out your annoyed response, but then you delete it and leave the computer. Go make a cuppa, have a think, come back to the offensive post re-read it and then respond. Second time around reading it it always seems less offensive and then you hopefully post a more considered response.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 PM

I'm offended that I can't tell 'offenders' to **** off.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    The reality is hardly any members voice their opinions, they stay well clear and all we get are the involved parties arguing amongst themselves
    Those long drawn out battles with poking tongues, hair pulling, hissy fits, name calling etc.etc. may be solved if it were possible to impose a 'time out' on the offending members, an hour or so might be enough.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Those long drawn out battles with poking tongues, hair pulling, hissy fits, name calling etc.etc. may be solved if it were possible to impose a 'time out' on the offending members, an hour or so might be enough.
    "poking tongues, hair pulling, hissy fits, name calling" ............You're right, an hour at the pub to continue with all that might be the go.....and that's just the barmaids lol lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast