Banned
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    05:54 AM

Re: I don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady J View Post

errrrrr. btw ~~ what is a Slip Road?

slip road - definition of slip road by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Sellotape View Post
    ..... I talked my husband Into dropping the charges and we parted with a handshake. ....
    No wonder the police are reluctant to come out.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

You managed to avoid that one, eh. Take the slip road out did you?

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lady J View Post
    errrrrr. btw ~~ what is a Slip Road?
    A minor road, often parallel to a major thoroughfare (such as a motorway), used to reach destinations not in proximity to motorway exists or to circumnavigate motorway repairs or traffic collisions.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    11:54 PM

Conceal and carry. Who else is going to protect you?

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    A minor road, often parallel to a major thoroughfare (such as a motorway), used to reach destinations not in proximity to motorway exists or to circumnavigate motorway repairs or traffic collisions.
    That reminds me of a time when I was working as a Car Delivery Driver, working with Trade Plates.

I had just picked up a car from a farm in the middle of nowhere, after having walked for miles down a muddy old dirt track, and it was getting late. The farmer pointed out a short cut out & told me that there was a roundabout just down the bottom & to the right, where I could easily get back to where I needed to go.

Anyway, having picked up the car, off I pootled, and sure enough there was the main road right in front of me & just as he had said, in the distance, to the right, I could just about make out the roundabout, so off I went.

Suddenly, in the opposite lane there was another car flashing its lights & peeping its horn at me. I just assumed it to be some Wide-Boy idiot. Then, just as I was approaching the roundabout I realised that the road I was on was actually a Motorway & I was going in the wrong direction. The problem was that there were trees on the Central Reservation, so the opposite lanes weren't visible, plus it was a very dark night, with no moon & no street lights, except on that roundabout.

Fortunately, being in the middle of nowhere & being so late, that car that had been flashing & peeping at me was the only other vehicle I came in contact with.

You'd have thought the farmer might have thought to tell me that the road the track led to was a motorway.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

Unhappy Re: I don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    That reminds me of a time when I was working as a Car Delivery Driver, working with Trade Plates.

I had just picked up a car from a farm in the middle of nowhere, after having walked for miles down a muddy old dirt track, and it was getting late. The farmer pointed out a short cut out & told me that there was a roundabout just down the bottom & to the right, where I could easily get back to where I needed to go.

Anyway, having picked up the car, off I pootled, and sure enough there was the main road right in front of me & just as he had said, in the distance, to the right, I could just about make out the roundabout, so off I went.

Suddenly, in the opposite lane there was another car flashing its lights & peeping its horn at me. I just assumed it to be some Wide-Boy idiot. Then, just as I was approaching the roundabout I realised that the road I was on was actually a Motorway & I was going in the wrong direction. The problem was that there were trees on the Central Reservation, so the opposite lanes weren't visible, plus it was a very dark night, with no moon & no street lights, except on that roundabout.

Fortunately, being in the middle of nowhere & being so late, that car that had been flashing & peeping at me was the only other vehicle I came in contact with.

You'd have thought the farmer might have thought to tell me that the road the track led to was a motorway.
    Jesus wept!

I'm sure ol' MacDonald didn't think it were necessary to tell you that he does the journey by foot, or on push bike.

Mooo! Cluck! Oink!

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    09:54 AM

Hello Forum,

If you run or walk(fast) or swim the same distance, you loose the same energy.
    True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

Lightbulb Re: I don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlynox View Post
    Hello Forum,

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox
    My guess is FALSE. Whether I am right or wrong I can motivated my answer if necessary.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlynox View Post
    Hello Forum,

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox
    That has to be false. The energy required is related to the resistance to the movement so for swimming it is obviously higher. For running and walking it increases with the square of the speed so the faster you go the more energy you consume.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast