Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Great McGonigal

  1. #1
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,835
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:39 PM

    Talking The Great McGonigal


  2. #2
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,046
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    WC had a long career and no surprised his early talents are often over looked.

    Well, I often appreciated his wisdom.

    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  3. #3
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,835
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    WC had a long career and no surprised his early talents are often over looked.

    Well, I often appreciated his wisdom.
    I heard a rumour that he also liked to drink!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,499
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    What an anticlimax there' was me thinking you were referring to the great William Topaz McGonagall the man who gives hope to bad poets everywhere. .

  5. #5
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,835
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    What an anticlimax there' was me thinking you were referring to the great William Topaz McGonagall the man who gives hope to bad poets everywhere. .
    W.C. Fields an "anticlimax"? Shame on you!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,499
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    W.C. Fields an "anticlimax"? Shame on you!
    Your thread is titled

    The Great McGonigal


    not the great wc fields had it been I would probably not have looked at it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,835
    Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:39 PM

    Re: The Great McGonigal

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Your thread is titled

    The Great McGonigal


    not the great wc fields had it been I would probably not have looked at it.
    It's in the details, my dear fellow. McGonagall and McGonigal ........ no same ting, man.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts