Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:29 AM

Re: Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Mate View Post
    If you can offer me a a reasoned explanation of how dragging a Mother, who for her sins attended a wounded soldier In the street, out of her home In front of her children and murdering her In cold blood by up to eight hooded thugs Into ' an act of war', I'll listen.

His arrest Is In relation to witness accounts being obtained by the FBI after the proviso was up. The fact that we are nearing a general election and that being ' the dark side' Is fantasy. Adams has been a politician since the 80's....

I saw old footage of the 10 children after their mother had been taken away, and also a recent interview with one of the sons. Perhaps it'll never be known who was responsible for this, but what an horrific action it was.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Premium Member
    Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:29 AM

Definately Theia. And on top of that, if they got it wrong, even worse. But it has to be put into perspective and context as well. It was extremely common for people to be dragged from their homes, and their homes literally destroyed, most ended up interned.

Banned
    Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Definately Theia. And on top of that, if they got it wrong, even worse. But it has to be put into perspective and context as well. It was extremely common for people to be dragged from their homes, and their homes literally destroyed, most ended up interned.
    So I'll ask again... how does up to eight hooded thugs dragging a Mother from her home In front of her children and murdering her constitute ' an act of war ' or Indeed how would you put that Into ' perspective and context' ?
    What exactly Is the perspective and context of her murder? Or Is what you actually mean... The British Army killed IRA members so that makes It OK to slaughter an Innocent mother of 10 children.?

Banned
    Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    I saw old footage of the 10 children after their mother had been taken away, and also a recent interview with one of the sons. Perhaps it'll never be known who was responsible for this, but what an horrific action it was.
    I think they've always known Theia. The problem was reprisals on those who knew and could testify hence the proviso that public access to witness's could not be used until the last was dead.

Her children certainly have a right to closure. I hope they get It and when they do, reinstate the death penalty.

Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:29 AM

I'm well aware of the Boston Files and tapes.. Who cares? All it means is that England once again goes back on the good Friday agreement. Expected really. and you're anti IRA so it doesn't matter what you say it's mute.
    They dragged a woman out of her house a slaughtered her and beat her oldest child of 11 and threatened to kill him and his family if he told anyone who they were. In what way do you think that was the action of romantic freedom fighters? In what way is it romantic to kneecap teenagers for unacceptable behavior? when hamas do the same in the gaza strip are they romantic freedom fighters or a terrorist organisation?

Do you think terrorism is always justified when it's done in the cause of freedom?

Banned
    Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

**** happens in War . It would take centuries to go through everything that happens in a war. You're just biased.
    r[/url]

Biased ?
    War ?

No, I am not biased although frankly I don't give a flying fox If I am. However, unlike you Fuzz who has wasted months of her middle aged life sitting on a forum with Sinn Féin wannabe's and supporters because you have some romantic visage of heroic freedom fighters, I actually studied the History of the IRA as part of my college studies years ago. There we were presented with facts and encouraged to come to our own conclusions. I have not like you, sat on some forum listening to half baked, re-inventions of the past by people on a different continent.
    Because frankly, If you really believe that ' The Troubles' and It's sectarian violence was a war and that The Good Friday Agreement gave amnesty to civilian murders during the Troubles, god alone knows what further rubbish you have been fed.

Perhaps you really have no clue as to why even most decent Northern Irish people despise the IRA.

The IRA actually began In 1900 much earlier than most believe and It was a Catholic Nationalist Organisation similar to that of the EDL In England. It was only In 1969 that It splintered Into several factions. Now they are all turning on each other, which one do you support ?

If any faction of the IRA be It the OIRA, PIRA, RIRA or the CIRA saw the Troubles as ' War' as you put It then I can actually go along with understanding the targets of some atrocities seeing as at the time, their objective was to create a unified Ireland rather than British rule In Northern Ireland and was to get rid of British Armed Forces In Northern Ireland. The British Army being a target I can understand. Margaret Thatcher who refused to pander to terrorist hunger strikers and letting them die In 1981, I can understand. Military bases I can understand. That's not always the case though. Along with dragging Innocent Mothers out of their homes and murdering them In cold blood, bombings on our mainland England were not targeting the British Army nor It's bases.

Kings Cross 1973 targeted Innocent train passengers.
    The Hilton Hotel 1975 targeted Innocent hotel guests.
    Harrods 1983 targeted Innocent shoppers Including children.
    Enniskillen 1987 targeted Innocent people Including children visiting a war memorial on Rembrance Sunday
    1993 Warrington targeted Innocent shoppers Including killing a 3 yr old and a 10 yr old child.
    Canary Wharf 1996 targeted Innocent office workers.
    Omagh 1998 targeted Innocent shoppers Including a pregnant woman.

I have left out the Brighton bomb targeting Thatcher and her Cabinet and others on Checkpoints and even Hyde Park. As I said, I can partially understand those.

But pregnant women ??? Three and 12 year old children ???

So what were they then Fuzzy ? Collateral damage due to ' The War' ???
    It was no war, It was mindless, senseless violence against Innocent women and children who were In fact easy and safe targets. There Is nothing remotely romantic, freedom fighting or heroic about It. It was and Is nothing short of cowardice In the extreme. Thugs who didn't even have the balls to show their spineless faces while carrying out the murderous acts.
    War Is targeting the enemy not children and Innocent people and If you really believe that fighting for freedom means going Into a busy London street and targeting Innocent shoppers, then there Is something wrong with you.

Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

Only thing I can think of saying is.......Dresden.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Banned
    Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Only thing I can think of saying is.......Dresden.
    Of course but no-one here Is trying to justify Dresden and turn bombers Into romantic freedom fighters.
    Within a world war, one can look for cause and effect.

The IRA started as a Nationalist Party with the objective of a unified Ireland over the British rule of Northern Ireland. What that turned Into during the mid 60's when they splintered was nothing short of a campaign of unjustified violence.

Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

It always puzzles me that pro ira people like fuzzywuzzy and some in the states seem to be under the delusion that the ira actually have mass support in ireland and some are unaware that the irish republic exists and the English no longer have any troops there.

The Irish Civil War – A brief overview | The Irish Story

The UDA started in 1971 and are just as big a bunch of hypocritical murdering thugs as the ira attacking mainly unarmed civilians. Anyone who thinks this isn't about religion is kidding themselves.

Local Date
    07-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Our involvement in Irish history goes way way back, long before 1960's, and it is messy to say the least.
    It's only fairly recent historically that bias in the electoral system was corrected.
    Partitioning doesn't work. Ireland is the British Palestine and Ukraine, rolled into one.
    Historical wrongs take a long time to put right.
    It all gets confused when criminals get involved and take advantage of the situation.
    Talking of cause and effect, we are still reaping the effects of our colonial past, religion, and bad judgements.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast