Local Time
    08:49 AM

The hypocrisy of Britain's multiculturalism

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    04:49 AM

Re: The hypocrisy of Britain's multiculturalism

The streets are so cute. I love England!

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    The streets are so cute. I love England!
    The signs saying ' house to rent, Pakistani people only' are not.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Agreed. Sign not cute.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Agreed. Sign not cute.
    To be honest Anne, I don't really care If they do advertise ' Pakistani families only'... people like to live among their own. I get that. It's when a shop owner Is branded racist for having a sign saying ' English owners' that the hypocrisy creeps In....

Mind you, I had to laugh at the photo... one minute you're advertising your house for rent and the next minute the Leader of The Far Right Is outside your lounge window... some perverse sense of humour In that for me.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

I take it that it's a private home owned & lived in by Pakistanis who only want same for renters? Here, the sign would be against the law, but as long as the owner lives in the home he can choose whoever he wants for any personal reasons. The sign is offensive, & it's discriminatory housing.

As for the English meals sign, I don't see how that is racist at all. Nuts. Just crazy.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

I take it that it's a private home owned & lived in by Pakistanis who only want same for renters? Here, the sign would be against the law, but as long as the owner lives in the home he can choose whoever he wants for any personal reasons. The sign is offensive, & it's discriminatory housing.

As for the English meals sign, I don't see how that is racist at all. Nuts. Just crazy.
    It's the hypocrisy of our government. It's also Ok for a sign stating ' Islamic Halal Butchers' outside a shop but a sign saying English... oh dear no no no.

It's also Indicative of how the race card Is played In this country. I believe It's more to do with pressure from radicals on our spineless, gutless, cowardly government than anything else. Multiculturalism works both ways... unless It's the English doing It. It's very one sided here.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    09:49 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Mate View Post
    It's the hypocrisy of our government. It's also Ok for a sign stating ' Islamic Halal Butchers' outside a shop but a sign saying English... oh dear no no no.

It's also Indicative of how the race card Is played In this country. I believe It's more to do with pressure from radicals on our spineless, gutless, cowardly government than anything else. Multiculturalism works both ways... unless It's the English doing It. It's very one sided here.
    I wonder where the story comes from...........bear with me here.
    Man puts up sign "Under English management" and apparently gets threats to burn the place down.
    The sign is not illegal as far as I can tell, to threaten arson is illegal.
    Did the man go to the police ?
    Let's think deeper here, did the man get threats after opening and his attitude became known to customers?
    Did he use this 'threat' for his own ends ?

I smell this tale as very fishy.

Oh yes......where did the Government get involved ? How was their hypocrisy shown in this instance ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    ....bear with me here.

Oh yes......where did the Government get involved ? How was their hypocrisy shown in this instance ?
    Run... they're dangerous.

The race card Is played when It suits. The British In the main don't care If someone advertises Palistani families only or Islamic Halal butchers. In the main, we don't care If they want to fly the flag of Pakistan from their front garden but try doing the same and out comes the race card. What's good for ethnic minorities Is not good for the British and our governments have allowed for that to fester rather than having the balls to say ' Integrate, shut up and put up'. Equality bills have been fiddled about with to suit. It's got to the point where the British are frightened to open their mouths without PC police jumping all over you but by the same token, we must show ' tolerance'.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    09:49 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Mate View Post
    Run... they're dangerous.

The race card Is played when It suits. The British In the main don't care If someone advertises Palistani families only or Islamic Halal butchers. In the main, we don't care If they want to fly the flag of Pakistan from their front garden but try doing the same and out comes the race card. What's good for ethnic minorities Is not good for the British and our governments have allowed for that to fester rather than having the balls to say ' Integrate, shut up and put up'. Equality bills have been fiddled about with to suit. It's got to the point where the British are frightened to open their mouths without PC police jumping all over you but by the same token, we must show ' tolerance'.
    See you managed to totally miss the point of my post.
    Islamic or Halal butchers are not racial terms, a notice advertising for Pakistani's only is racist, Mr Oily Griffith when he got the phone call about it, should have told the caller to phone the local constabulary......but smelling a photo opportunity was there asap so he could gain some advantage from it.......so as you say 'Playing the race card.....when it suits' rather than give the best advice......phone old bill if your worried.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast