+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: How refreshing a decent Politician

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    06:47 AM

Re: How refreshing a decent Politician

Without using the word Benghazi, where has the country not been protected or defended? What makes you personally feel unprotected or undefended?

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Acc: "Trust & like aren't synonymous, or even linked, necessarily."

Apples & Oranges. TD does not trust or like 51%+ of the people who inhabit this nation, nor the Federal Gov't., so he is in-between a rock & a hard place. He has no way out of this, he has no where to turn. Not sure about you, so I won't speculate. Yours & his determination to carry on about "like" or "trust" is a useless diversion. While it is excellent to be precise about speech, in this instance it means naught.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Without using the word Benghazi, where has the country not been protected or defended? What makes you personally feel unprotected or undefended?
    Not sure who you directed this at, but ...

It seems that you concede that Benghazi is strong evidence that our administration isn't protecting or defending our citizens, but I suspect you're tossing it off as trivia in the scheme of things.

The US is in danger because of our traditional global military stance headed up by an incompetent commander-in-chief. Because we have taken so much of international military defence upon ourselves, and our allies responded by using what would have been spent on defence to pay for other programs, signs of weakness in Washington incentivizes countries such as Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea to act more agressively than they would otherwise.
    Russia invades Ukraine.
    China is aggressively claiming islands they do not own.
    Iran is finalizing their nuclear weapons program.
    Isreal has never been in as much trouble as she is today.

When (not if) we get another president who wants to re-expand our military reach, it might mean that we will send troops in to re-establish the status quo. More American lives wasted. More killing & destruction. All because President Obama is incompetent in how he handles his military and deplomacy.

Want another? President Obama declared a half-million acres on the Mexico/New Mexico border as a national monument. This means that no one can enter the area, not even border patrols. That section of our border lies undefended against any who wants to enter our country illegally, whether it's to get a job washing dishes or to fly an airliner into a skyscraper.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

It seems that you concede that Benghazi is strong evidence that our administration isn't protecting or defending our citizens, but I suspect you're tossing it off as trivia in the scheme of things.

My post was directed to you Accountable, & I DEFINITELY DO NOT concede on Benghazi. In fact, it's B.S., IMO. However, I knew without asking it was important to You, so that it why I began my question that way.

You'll have to pardon me, please, I must leave for now & will get to the rest of your post asap! Thanks.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

I DEFINITELY DO NOT concede on Benghazi. In fact, it's B.S., IMO.
    The murder of an American ambassador is BS. Got it.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    The murder of an American ambassador is BS. Got it.
    No, you don't "got it" at all. His murder was not BS, what is BS is the way it has been used to condemn Obama & Hilary Clinton. It's just another excuse in the Fox News arsenal to blow up an incident to war proportions. What about all the unnecessary deaths, thousands, caused by i.e. our excursions in Iraq, or many other examples? Losing a battle like Benghazi means nothing in the long run except to examine policy.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    05:47 AM

His murder was not BS
    What Difference Does It Make?
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

No, you don't "got it" at all. His murder was not BS, what is BS is the way it has been used to condemn Obama & Hilary Clinton. It's just another excuse in the Fox News arsenal to blow up an incident to war proportions. What about all the unnecessary deaths, thousands, caused by i.e. our excursions in Iraq, or many other examples? Losing a battle like Benghazi means nothing in the long run except to examine policy.
    I believe we are examining policy, are we not? If the country is being left unprotected or undefended, wouldn't it be as a result of the policies enacted by the executive branch?

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Losing a battle like Benghazi means nothing in the long run except to examine policy.
    The murder of an American ambassador means nothing. Got it.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    I believe we are examining policy, are we not? If the country is being left unprotected or undefended, wouldn't it be as a result of the policies enacted by the executive branch?
    I contend our country is not unprotected or undefended based on this one incident, which involved a consulate, not even an embassy, in Libya. We were unprotected & undefended by GWBush before 9/11, as he had plenty of warnings prior to the attack, the ONLY attack on our nation in modern times. The CIA, FBI, etc., under his command, were similarly guilty of not protecting us for an attack in 3 separate localities. Yet, GW has never been condemned, or criticized anywhere near what Obama & Clinton are for 4 deaths in Benghazi. Hypocrisy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast