Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How refreshing a decent Politician

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:56 AM

Re: How refreshing a decent Politician

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Not sure who you directed this at, but ...

It seems that you concede that Benghazi is strong evidence that our administration isn't protecting or defending our citizens, but I suspect you're tossing it off as trivia in the scheme of things.

"The US is in danger because of our traditional global military stance headed up by an incompetent commander-in-chief. Because we have taken so much of international military defence upon ourselves, and our allies responded by using what would have been spent on defence to pay for other programs, signs of weakness in Washington incentivizes countries such as Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea to act more agressively than they would otherwise."

Well, aren't you happy that Obama has only 2 more years of service? As for our allies, this is not different from how they have behaved. We've paid all defense costs for years while they use the excess money for the betterment of their people. Obama has not been the incentive for Iran, Russia, China or N.Korea, which have been behaving the same way as they have for decades. You can "blame" all the presidents since WWII for this. You just don't like Obama.

"Russia invades Ukraine.
    China is aggressively claiming islands they do not own.
    Iran is finalizing their nuclear weapons program.
    Isreal has never been in as much trouble as she is today."

Russia did not invade Ukraine. China has been aggressive moreso because everyone owes them money. Iran has been finalizing for years. Israel is not in any more trouble than ever & I truly don't believe you have Israel's interests at heart more than I do. Neither would Israel itself.

"When (not if) we get another president who wants to re-expand our military reach, it might mean that we will send troops in to re-establish the status quo. More American lives wasted. More killing & destruction. All because President Obama is incompetent in how he handles his military and deplomacy."

Military reach is overexpanded as it is. You really do want to forget GWBush's mess, don't you? Fellow Texans remembering the Alamo? I repeat, in my estimation, and it is an opinion, just like yours, our President is not incompetent. He has been a disappointment to me in several areas, none of which fit the conversation.

Want another? President Obama declared a half-million acres on the Mexico/New Mexico border as a national monument. This means that no one can enter the area, not even border patrols. That section of our border lies undefended against any who wants to enter our country illegally, whether it's to get a job washing dishes or to fly an airliner into a skyscraper.
    I don't know about this last one, but thanks for the information. I'll try to look it up soon.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    I contend our country is not unprotected or undefended based on this one incident, which involved a consulate, not even an embassy, in Libya.
    It also involved an ambassador, the first to be murdered since 1979. I'll let others draw the similarities. But I thought you wanted to exclude Benghazi.

We were unprotected & undefended by GWBush before 9/11, as he had plenty of warnings prior to the attack, the ONLY attack on our nation in modern times.
    Agreed.

The CIA, FBI, etc., under his command, were similarly guilty of not protecting us for an attack in 3 separate localities.
    Agreed

Yet, GW has never been condemned, or criticized anywhere near what Obama & Clinton are for 4 deaths in Benghazi.
    Class-A bull**** and unmitigated premeditated lie, but I have come to expect that from you lately.
    Link

Hypocrisy.
    Agreed. Washington status quo.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

"Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Yet, GW has never been condemned, or criticized anywhere near what Obama & Clinton are for 4 deaths in Benghazi.
    Class-A bull**** and unmitigated premeditated lie, but I have come to expect that from you lately.
    Link"

I have a T-shirt like that I still wear! Black with Gold Lettering from Moveon.Org: Bush Lied Thousands Died

You are becoming rude toward me lately "Class-A bull**** and unmitigated premeditated lie, but I have come to expect that from you lately.

You're accusing me of being a liar? I liked it better when you thought I'm just misguided. I'm not offended, but disgusted at your choice of words.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

PS. A lie? Guess you're smart enough not to ever listen to Fox News, Glen Beck, et al.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Not sure who you directed this at, but ...

It seems that you concede that Benghazi is strong evidence that our administration isn't protecting or defending our citizens, but I suspect you're tossing it off as trivia in the scheme of things.

The US is in danger because of our traditional global military stance headed up by an incompetent commander-in-chief. Because we have taken so much of international military defence upon ourselves, and our allies responded by using what would have been spent on defence to pay for other programs, signs of weakness in Washington incentivizes countries such as Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea to act more agressively than they would otherwise.
    Well, aren't you happy that Obama has only 2 more years of service? As for our allies, this is not different from how they have behaved. We've paid all defense costs for years while they use the excess money for the betterment of their people. Obama has not been the incentive for Iran, Russia, China or N.Korea, which have been behaving the same way as they have for decades. You can "blame" all the presidents since WWII for this. You just don't like Obama.
    You're a lot thicker than I remember you, but then I've been accused of the same thing.
    My post that you quoted concedes that the stance is traditional, meaning President Obama didn't start it. Yest I blame all the presidents since WWII for this. However, President Obama's incompetence has made the situation worse by miles.

Russia invades Ukraine.
    China is aggressively claiming islands they do not own.
    Iran is finalizing their nuclear weapons program.
    Isreal has never been in as much trouble as she is today.
    Russia did not invade Ukraine. China has been aggressive moreso because everyone owes them money. Iran has been finalizing for years. Israel is not in any more trouble than ever & I truly don't believe you have Israel's interests at heart more than I do. Neither would Israel itself.
    I won't get into a semantics argument on Russia/Ukraine. Facts are facts. For the rest, rationalizing a justification simply means you concede the facts. My opinion on the rightness or wrongness of the situations aren't relevant. it doesn't change the facts.

When (not if) we get another president who wants to re-expand our military reach, it might mean that we will send troops in to re-establish the status quo. More American lives wasted. More killing & destruction. All because President Obama is incompetent in how he handles his military and deplomacy.
    Military reach is overexpanded as it is. You really do want to forget GWBush's mess, don't you? Fellow Texans remembering the Alamo? I repeat, in my estimation, and it is an opinion, just like yours, our President is not incompetent. He has been a disappointment to me in several areas, none of which fit the conversation.
    Military reach is overexpanded as a direct result of GW Bush's actions. Take your G-damn blinders off. President' Obama's incompetence has exacerbated an already bad situation.
    I have far more objective material supporting my opinion than you have supporting yours, despite the vast majority of news agencies trying to downplay or even ignore most presidents' mistakes.

Want another? President Obama declared a half-million acres on the Mexico/New Mexico border as a national monument. This means that no one can enter the area, not even border patrols. That section of our border lies undefended against any who wants to enter our country illegally, whether it's to get a job washing dishes or to fly an airliner into a skyscraper.
    I don't know about this last one, but thanks for the information. I'll try to look it up soon.
    Obama to protect 500,000 acres in New Mexico as national monument - The Washington Post
    Obama names New Mexico monument, says ‘I’m not finished’ | The Salt Lake Tribune

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

"Military reach is overexpanded as a direct result of GW Bush's actions. Take your G-damn blinders off. President' Obama's incompetence has exacerbated an already bad situation.
    I have far more objective material supporting my opinion than you have supporting yours, despite the vast majority of news agencies trying to downplay or even ignore most presidents' mistakes."

Never realized what an angry man you are.
    From who, the Cato Institute?
    You have become a very unpleasant man. Guess I didn't see it before as you were directing it at Ahso!
    This is a discussion, not a competition.

A large Ego wins no points with me. Be civil, please. Don't pat yourself on the back saying I concede to you when I'm not. If I stop answering you, will you consider that a concession, too?

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Okay. Let's be civil.
    I get irritated when someone accuses me of being biased toward GW Bush, when I'm sure you can find dozens of posts to the contrary recorded here. You accuse me of just not liking Obama, as if I'm jealous that he's just more popular with the cheerleaders. President Obama has continued the abuses of the presidential offices practiced by his predecessors. Like GW, he has accelerated the unconstitutional power grab. I expect his successor to do the same.

But in the realm of international military affairs, President Obama is inept. GHW Bush and Clinton also drew down our military, but they were able to do it without our appearing weak to our enemies. Watching what he has done in this area, with border security, and militarizing federal agencies, makes me very concerned about his plans.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

I don't find President Obama to be inept, nor do I think he appears weak. He did go after & get Bin Laden when the previous administration gave up on it & openly said so. I don't like that he continued this Afghan involvement, we are leaving, but not soon enough. I am very glad Bin Laden was killed by the United States & it was Obama's resolve to do it.

Sorry I irritated you about your former comments on GWB, but I honestly did not remember them.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

President Obama gave the word to get Bin Laden and was criticized for doing exactly what any other president would have done in the same situation (except Clinton who would have fired rockets). Hats off to him for that.

It doesn't tip the scale for me. Doesn't even move it.

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Just read the links you provided re: the newly protected lands in New Mexico. You won't be surprised to learn I approve, as, according to your articles, many others. Thanks for the information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9