+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free financial advice----------ask lon

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    06:22 PM

Free financial advice----------ask lon

Since there is no Forum Topic on Finance or Money Management I have decided to share my vast knowledge and experience with members and guests by starting a ASK LON THREAD

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    06:22 AM

Re: Free financial advice----------ask lon

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Since there is no Forum Topic on Finance or Money Management I have decided to share my vast knowledge and experience with members and guests by starting a ASK LON THREAD
    Where have you been ? I'v been worried about you.
    Best you get over to the minimum wage thread and sort them out.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Been doing a bit of traveling Bruv and have just sold our California home, moved to a different city, downsized to a two bedroom apartment and all the kufuffle that goes with it.

Thanks for your concern.

Banned
    Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    05:22 AM

That's weird man. I was wondering where you were only very recently. I thought maybe you were still In New Zealand. Anyway good to see you back Sir.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Farage View Post
    That's weird man. I was wondering where you were only very recently. I thought maybe you were still In New Zealand. Anyway good to see you back Sir.
    Thank you Oscar, please no Sir, Lon is fine.

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    12:22 AM

Welcome back, Lon!

I would like to share some financial advice. Save your change. Hubby and I had done this for several months, took the change to those public machines, and found out we had over $500.00.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    03:22 PM

okay Lon .............what he hell do I do with my super (it's over a 100 grand) (just) and I have other spread out all over the place...........it's just too hard . suggestions please.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

The answer to your question really depends on a number of things. Your age. Is anyone dependent on you for support. Your health. Do you currently have a job. Do you have any debt. These questions and a number of others, all of a personal nature would have to be known to give you an intelligent answer.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride View Post
    Welcome back, Lon!

I would like to share some financial advice. Save your change. Hubby and I had done this for several months, took the change to those public machines, and found out we had over $500.00.

They had a segment on radio as to what people had put aside in change over long periods of time. Young people were saying they had bought cars .... older people were saying they paid for holidays . The list went on . One young bloke who had saved one and two dollar coins over a period of some years had a deposit for a house.
    I'm all for it . I hate banks and I found out recently banks don't like me. I use banks for the essential wage payment to go into, but only because I have to . I've never had a credit card or taken out a loan. So they don't like me very much, I'm not a good customer. :/
    Something banks have begun to do though. Change counting machines, but here's the catch....... you don't get the money, it has to go straight into your account. So suddenly you have to explain a lump sum payment into your bank account to the tax office.

I decided a long time ago that if a bank says not to hold your money under the mattress ..............then that's exactly what you do

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    The answer to your question really depends on a number of things. Your age. Is anyone dependent on you for support. Your health. Do you currently have a job. Do you have any debt. These questions and a number of others, all of a personal nature would have to be known to give you an intelligent answer.

I can't access it for another ten years. Not that I want to ..so that gives my age ........on death it goes to my three boys after funeral expenses etc . Health is mediocre. About to begin work. Debt, under three grand.

I was hoping you could give me advice on where to put it...........self managed ? industry fund or private fund? .............compound interest? etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast