Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Children punished for refusing to pray to Allah

Banned
    Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:21 PM

Children punished for refusing to pray to Allah

Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and 'pray to Allah' during a religious education lesson.
    Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped.
    They said forcing their children to take part in the exercise at Alsager High School, near Stoke-on-Trent - which included wearing Muslim headgear - was a breach of their human rights.

A statement from Cheshire County Council on behalf of the school read: "The headteacher David Black contacted this authority immediately complaints were received.
    "Enquiries are being made into the circumstances as a matter of urgency and all parents will be informed accordingly.
    "Educating children in the beliefs of different faith is part of the diversity curriculum on the basis that knowledge is essential to understanding.
    "We accept that such teaching is to be conducted with some sense of sensitivity.

Read more: Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I beg to differ.
    There has been no tolerance shown here, The Children have been punished,
    In place of the tolerance, knowledge and understanding they hoped to achieve, they have Instead created anger, upset and resentment.

When are people like this going to take on board that this Is precisely what creates racial tensions and another vote for the Far Right... Muppets

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    09:21 AM

Re: Children punished for refusing to pray to Allah

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    Two schoolboys were given detention after refusing to kneel down and 'pray to Allah' during a religious education lesson.
    Parents were outraged that the two boys from year seven (11 to 12-year-olds) were punished for not wanting to take part in the practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped.
    They said forcing their children to take part in the exercise at Alsager High School, near Stoke-on-Trent - which included wearing Muslim headgear - was a breach of their human rights.

A statement from Cheshire County Council on behalf of the school read: "The headteacher David Black contacted this authority immediately complaints were received.
    "Enquiries are being made into the circumstances as a matter of urgency and all parents will be informed accordingly.
    "Educating children in the beliefs of different faith is part of the diversity curriculum on the basis that knowledge is essential to understanding.
    "We accept that such teaching is to be conducted with some sense of sensitivity.

Read more: Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I beg to differ.
    There has been no tolerance shown here, The Children have been punished,
    In place of the tolerance, knowledge and understanding they hoped to achieve, they have Instead created anger, upset and resentment.

When are people like this going to take on board that this Is precisely what creates racial tensions and another vote for the Far Right... Muppets
    Well, they got a first-hand lesson in how any gummint endorsed religion might play out. Though detention is rather light. in some counties, a good caning, or worse might await them.
    Even as recently as my own childhood, a good whipping could ensue from neglecting/refusing to participate in certain Christian-based rituals at schools in the US.

I think the teacher in this case may have taught more than he/she bargained for.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Banned
    Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, they got a first-hand lesson in how any gummint endorsed religion might play out. Though detention is rather light. in some counties, a good caning, or worse might await them.
    Even as recently as my own childhood, a good whipping could ensue from neglecting/refusing to participate in certain Christian-based rituals at schools in the US.

I think the teacher in this case may have taught more than he/she bargained for.
    I've said this before In other threads but for Multiculturalism to be accepted In any country, there has to be tolerance. These children were shown no tolerance.
    Are the children taught how Hindu's or Sikh's pray ? I doubt It. Were the Muslim children told they must enter a Christian church to learn how the majority pray ? I doubt It.
    The very least the children should have been offered the choice of wther they wished to participate. They should have been given that option along with an option to just observe the Muslim pupils.

I wouldn't be surprised If this school was Involved In the Trojan horse scandal In this country.

Trojan horse row: Labour calls for new Ofsted school inspection criteria | Education | theguardian.com

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    11:21 AM

That's just plain nuts. Do the parents have recourse in suing the school, making a court case out of this? It's so outrageous, has Britain lost it's communal mind? That teacher would be fired here, you betcha.

eta--no one should be forced to pray, period, end of story. And the act of prayer is not a cultural lesson, it teaches nothing. A film could have been shown.

Banned
    Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    That's just plain nuts. Do the parents have recourse in suing the school, making a court case out of this? It's so outrageous, has Britain lost it's communal mind? That teacher would be fired here, you betcha.

eta--no one should be forced to pray, period, end of story. And the act of prayer is not a cultural lesson, it teaches nothing. A film could have been shown.
    I hope the parents sue, I really do.

How can tolerance, assimilation and Integration be taught In a Multicultural society now two children have been taught that If they do not bow down to Islam, they will be punished.
    I bet also, the children were not taught that women can not pray with the men In the Mosques. They are confined to a women only back room.
    The teacher In this case Is a liability and should lose her job.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:21 PM

As always I try to take another viewpoint.

Why should two 11-12 year olds refuse to pretend to pray to Allah?
    Are their parents strict Christians with deeply held beliefs, or is it possible the boys, sitting together, so bolder, was down to anti Muslim chat at home ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Researching a little more.........why bring this up now ?

Linky

Another Linky

It all happened back in 2008

Banned
    Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    05:21 PM

Religion in any form whatsoever should neither be taught nor enforced as part of any schools curriculum. Those dark days are or should be long past in the 21st century.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    09:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Researching a little more.........why bring this up now ?

Linky

Another Linky

It all happened back in 2008
    Funny. The Mail Article had a similar date. Wonder why THEY brought it up, now.

Someone is fanning flames of discontent?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Funny. The Mail Article had a similar date. Wonder why THEY brought it up, now.

Someone is fanning flames of discontent?
    So your are an old cynic too then ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast