Thread: Move to ban BNP members teaching

Banned
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:42 AM

Re: Move to ban BNP members teaching

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Nah, not for wanting to but refraining from. That makes him fairly normal.
    Due to media, the BNP has historically been portrayed as violent thugs. Look at any headline Involving the BNP and you'll see the word ' thugs'... as this one for example.

PressTV - Scuffles break out between BNP thugs & anti-fascists in London

Although ' thugs libels most BNP members. I just find It ironic that many In this country can quite happily label all BNP members as thugs and go along with the negative media yet then talks of wanting to hit a member after he finds the BNP abhorrent. There's an Irony there.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    True. there is a very long road from "wanting to" and actually punching (or shooting, strangling, kicking, etc.)
    Thank you. I'm glad to see someone understood what I was getting at.

You see this particular person was always promoting his beliefs that everyone of foreign descent should be shipped bake to their native countries, despite the fact of having been born here. He also believed that Capital Punishment should be a standard, across the board, penalty for all crimes, claiming it would be the ultimate deterrent, but not only that, but in public so that everyone could see justice being done. He was just an outright nutter who also claimed to be a 'Born-Again Christian'.

As to claims of the media being responsible for the hype describing BNP as 'thugs', is that so far from the truth? As in the earlier simile of Football Hooligans, despite the vast majority of Football Fans being interested in nothing more than a decent game of football, there are that fringe who specifically intent on using the event as grounds for a damn good punch up. Fortunately, though, the powers that be finally got round to stamping this fringe element out (at least mostly), hopefully repairing our country's worldwide reputation as one of hooligans.

As for UKIP, I am one of their supporters, inasmuch as I am totally against EU membership, but I am also totally against those that use it as a platform for their more extremists beliefs, such as campaigning against homosexuality & racial / religious disharmony. Such members are more likely to be ones who previously held allegiance to the BNP. Despite UKIP making a policy to disqualify previous BNP Members into their own membership, there are still those who may not have been official party members, bit still strongly supported their cause, just as there are with all the other parties.

I see the BNP as being a thoroughly evil influence, albeit an extremely minority one. In this, there are 2 main problems.
    1. It would be wrong to ban them, as that is a case of gagging someone's personal beliefs - something they want to impose for themselves on everyone that doesn't agree with them.
    2. The fact that when a people are in an overall state of discontent & desperation (just as with Germany in the 30s) they will turn to anyone who offers them change, if if the change offered is nothing but pie in the sky.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    I fail to see what they are trying to say.
    The Churches are empty because all the congregation are at BNP meetings?
    Or........is this another poor excuse for empty pews.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Banned
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Thank you. I'm glad to see someone understood what I was getting at.

You see this particular person was always promoting his beliefs that everyone of foreign descent should be shipped bake to their native countries, despite the fact of having been born here. He also believed that Capital Punishment should be a standard, across the board, penalty for all crimes, claiming it would be the ultimate deterrent, but not only that, but in public so that everyone could see justice being done. He was just an outright nutter who also claimed to be a 'Born-Again Christian'.

As to claims of the media being responsible for the hype describing BNP as 'thugs', is that so far from the truth? As in the earlier simile of Football Hooligans, despite the vast majority of Football Fans being interested in nothing more than a decent game of football, there are that fringe who specifically intent on using the event as grounds for a damn good punch up. Fortunately, though, the powers that be finally got round to stamping this fringe element out (at least mostly), hopefully repairing our country's worldwide reputation as one of hooligans.

As for UKIP, I am one of their supporters, inasmuch as I am totally against EU membership, but I am also totally against those that use it as a platform for their more extremists beliefs, such as campaigning against homosexuality & racial / religious disharmony. Such members are more likely to be ones who previously held allegiance to the BNP. Despite UKIP making a policy to disqualify previous BNP Members into their own membership, there are still those who may not have been official party members, bit still strongly supported their cause, just as there are with all the other parties.

I see the BNP as being a thoroughly evil influence, albeit an extremely minority one. In this, there are 2 main problems.
    1. It would be wrong to ban them, as that is a case of gagging someone's personal beliefs - something they want to impose for themselves on everyone that doesn't agree with them.
    2. The fact that when a people are in an overall state of discontent & desperation (just as with Germany in the 30s) they will turn to anyone who offers them change, if if the change offered is nothing but pie in the sky.
    Then you have got my point about the football.
    To date there are 25 Labour Councillors convicted of child sex abuse. Do you think every Labour supporter Is a child molester? A UKIP councillor announced all Poofters should be shot. Do you think every UKIP supporter Is homophobic ? Tory MP's have been convicted of fraud. Is every Tory supporter a crook ?

Have you actually read the BNP manifesto?
    I always have to laugh at this Inference that Nick Griffin Is some kind of evil guru over his flock. He's just a bloke that's all.
    When anyone chooses to support a political party, they do not agree with every single proposal on that manifesto. When choosing, most people will go with the party that they agree with more proposals than others. It does not mean to say that every BNP supporter agree's with everything Griffin lays out because I can assure you, they don't. That's why there has been so much Internal warfare between Brons and Griffin and a major split within the party with a large amount going off with Brons to form a new political party. In fact, had Brons not lost the leadership challenge two years ago by just 4 votes, under Brons the BNP would have been a far more menacing political party.
    I digress... In every party you have nutters like the one you met. Have you actually witnessed the Labourites on the streets attacking our police and desecrating war memorials under the guise of the UAF ( Unite Against Fascism )?
    No the UKIP supporters who are against homosexuality are not from the BNP. The BNP accepts homosexuality, It's just Nick has a problem with overt sexual behaviour on the streets In front of children. He doesn't give a toss what they do In their own homes.

Banned
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post

Oh and for the record... Do you know where I hear the very worst of blatant racism ? Where c**n, N****r, Golli***s etc are used In abundance?
    Not at any far right meeting... no... down The Royal British Legion.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Oh and for the record... Do you know where I hear the very worst of blatant racism ? Where c**n, N****r, Golli***s etc are used In abundance?
    You haven't been to many Freemason events, perhaps.

To most centrists like myself, "far right meeting" and "Royal British Legion" are synonyms.
    Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:42 AM

So, why, pray tell, do you hang out with those sorts?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Banned
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    So, why, pray tell, do you hang out with those sorts?
    The Royal British Legion Is one of the largest charities In this country.

They do an Immense amount of good work. However, I stumble across some racists In that good work and organisation. That's my point, you don't have to support the far right to be racist. There are many closet racists out there In all forms.

The Royal British Legion - Shoulder to shoulder with all who Serve - The Royal British Legion.

Don't worry, I have made It very clear In the past that I find that talk offensive.

eta... I must point out that I've never heard words like that from the younger members under 60 years old. It comes from the 80 year olds who fought In the war and before PC entered their lives. Some just don't understand that such words are now Illegal. Some just don't care. It's also surprising to see how many of those ex forces turn up at far right meetings.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Due to media, the BNP has historically been portrayed as violent thugs.
    It's really disingenuous to blame the media for the histrocity of the BNP and its roots in the National front. That fact that the members of this organisation changed tack, smartened themselves up to make themselves seem more electable, doesnt detract from the direction and aims of their politics. That doesnt seem to have changed from the old days of the NF.

Thats where the blame lies
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast