Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eindhoven...

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    08:19 AM

Re: Eindhoven...

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe_88 View Post
    Fourpart, I bet there will still be a few windmills that do that (in the old villages etc).

The entire Netherlands stopped at 4 pm.
    I was on a train at that time, the train pulled in quickly and we all stopped and sat in silence for one minute.
    Even supermarkets and the pet shop my OH works at, locked the doors, didn't serve and held one minute of silence.

I don't know anybody personally that was involved in this terrible crash, my OH's colleague does. 3 families from his village, gone.

Theia, I think it does help people who have friends/family that have died in this crash. It is heartwarming to see that we as dutch people will as one show our repect for all of those who are in mourning right now.

Chloe, I saw the Eindhoven ceremony live on BBC and I was so, so moved. I am full of admiration for the way the Dutch people managed this horrific event. Everything was carried out so respectfully and with dignity, it truly was.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Closed
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    09:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    Chloe, I saw the Eindhoven ceremony live on BBC and I was so, so moved. I am full of admiration for the way the Dutch people managed this horrific event. Everything was carried out so respectfully and with dignity, it truly was.
    I agree Theia, and thank you

Closed
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Here it is Fourpart

Windmolen - Wikipedia
    first pic; long rest
    second pic: short rest
    third pic: time of joy
    fourth pic: time of mourning

Although some say the meaning of pic 1 & 2 are the other way around..

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

It's a bit like Semaphore.

Closed
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Sort of Fourpart

I find it amazing that the dutch have repeated the ceremony for each day the victims have arrived in Eindhoven.

I caught a bit on the news today, it said: to put this in perspective for the USA, it would be like the USA losing 3600 americans.

In perspective... wow.... that is a very high number...
    Schiphol airport is a sea of flowers and cuddly toys.. this started spontaneously according to the article..

Zee van bloemen en knuffels op Schiphol | Mh17 | Telegraaf.nl

(the lady speaking in the video was just saying how dramatic this disaster has been)

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Sort of Fourpart

I find it amazing that the dutch have repeated the ceremony for each day the victims have arrived in Eindhoven.

I caught a bit on the news today, it said: to put this in perspective for the USA, it would be like the USA losing 3600 americans.

In perspective... wow.... that is a very high number...
    Schiphol airport is a sea of flowers and cuddly toys.. this started spontaneously according to the article..

Zee van bloemen en knuffels op Schiphol | Mh17 | Telegraaf.nl

(the lady speaking in the video was just saying how dramatic this disaster has been)
    I heard that they were intending to repeat the ceremony for all the victims and, again, I find this so moving
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Closed
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    I heard that they were intending to repeat the ceremony for all the victims and, again, I find this so moving
    Me too.. and yes all the victims will have the same ceremony. Tomorrow another 2 planes will arrive in Eindhoven with another 38 coffins.
    At least 42 victims came from the province "Brabant" where the city Eindhoven is located.

Closed
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Turns out the first victim has been identified, as being dutch.
    I hope all victims can be identified soon and will be "reunited" with their families asap..

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Turns out the first victim has been identified, as being dutch.
    I hope all victims can be identified soon and will be "reunited" with their families asap..

Chloe, I hope so too. I can't imagine the pain the families are going through

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    The criminal investigation into the crash has taken five years.

There may be an announcement tomorrow as far as responsibility is concerned.

MH17: prosecutors to identify suspects and file first charges

Five years is just ridiculous.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2