Thread: Iraqi jihadists order genital mutilation of all women

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time
    07:45 PM

Thumbs up Re: Iraqi jihadists order genital mutilation of all women

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn
    Well, gosh, that sounds so serene & romantic.

I was just being sarcastic (sigh)

Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn
    They are wrong in their practices ....

I said IMO! No need to involve the U.N.!

HT: "I have a good idea! Let's ask those primitive Africans what they think about all of that! Naw, the damned heathens would probably just say, "They are wrong in their practices!" What do they know, huh?!"
    I'd like to say this about that so .... what I mean is .... you know, like .......

What do any of us know except how to bloviate & think we're right? Human Being, Planet Earth--my personal motto. What fools we mortals be.
    It turns out I didn't need to explain that my sarcasm was in conjunction with your own obvious sarcasm (sigh and all) neither do I need to respond to the rest or your post BECAUSE this last part clearly demonstrates that we are both on the bottom line of the last page .... and even if we didn't arrive here at the same time (with the same baggage) we certainly have come to the same conclusion. And that's what matters most of all.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time
    01:45 PM

Re: Iraqi jihadists order genital mutilation of all women

I was just being sarcastic (sigh)
    I've learned to label it, sarcasm that is.

Like on another site ending with something like [/sarc.

It is difficult enough in print to convey what should be obvious without dealing with the occasional prig.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time
    02:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    "Idiot", you say?
    Oh! You mean it was you? I haven't been dropping in on this forum enough recently to keep up to speed with when, where and why new themes are added to the discussion.

If there are harmful effects of circumcision...and I'm still not convinced there are...though like vaccinations, I am more inclined to go with expert consensus on the issue than wade through stacks of claims and counter-claims. There are too many issues to try to keep track of these days.

The only subject that I am trying to learn the technical published reports on are environment-especially global warming, and there is almost negligible interest on FG regarding environmental issues.

Well, if the basis for this thread has been determined to be a lie, wouldn't that make the "idiot's" line of thought all the more relevant? Not such an "idiot" after all, I say.
    It certainly indicates to me that if someone wants to talk about female genital mutilation, they should be basing it on news stories that are actually based in fact, and not someone's made up propaganda!

For most of us living in the west, the FGM issue is most relevant when it is Somali and other East African immigrants trying to carry out this practice in our countries or sending girls back home to be given these operations. Otherwise, all westerners can and should be doing is supporting local anti-FGM advocates from the sidelines - NOT trying to directly interfere and sending troops half way around the world again under the pretense of "saving the girls." Whether it's the phony ISIS FGM story or one that actually exists: the Boko Haram abduction of schoolgirls in Nigeria, the U.S., France and other western nations are already interfering and making these issues worse/not better!

Without a foreskin the penis builds tougher skins cells "just there": Friction in conjunction with motion, exposure to elements, and all of that. But there is an inverse factor to consider. It deals with arousal versus stamina, but I don't think I want to explain that right now.
    Okay, I'm sure anti-circumcision advocates have their points...and I am not at all expert on any possible harms or complications of being circumcised, except that back when I did read some of the literature at a time when the issue was relevant, it seemed that the benefits of circumcision greatly outweighed any possible harms.

The one thing that does seem clear is that circumcision is a factor in reducing disease and certain cancer risks of circumcised males. The foreskin's primary purpose as an evolutionary adaptation, was to provide protection from the elements - especially the Sun...since the foreskin has no pigmentation...that would certainly be a problem in the tropics before clothing was invented. But, in the here and now, it seems that it's one of those evolutionary adaptations that we are better off without.

I get the impression from some of the anti-circumcision writers, that they are following a principle that nature-is-always right...or the most natural solution is necessarily the most optimal. The problem is that evolution many times leads to adaptations that confer some benefits and some drawbacks.....on this theme, the grand design of running the urethra through the prostate gland would definitely qualify as boneheaded evolutionary adaptation!

We have the same sorts of issues when it comes to meat-eating and veganism. Humans...like many other animals developed some adaptations for eating meat, but our digestive tracts are still too long for a diet high in animal fiber. It's another one of those issues that doesn't have a perfect solution because we are still animals that are in never-ending process of transition through evolutionary adaptation.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

RC: re: "It certainly indicates to me that if someone wants to talk about female genital mutilation, they should be basing it on news stories that are actually based in fact, and not someone's made up propaganda!"

This story came from the United Nations & was reported by reputable press. If it is a hoax, I'm happy to know that. If it is propaganda, it was not deliberately spread with bad intent by me. This thread did lead to talk about FGM, & anxious, irritable men took it over for their own propaganda purposes (LOL, I Swear!).

It can be said with certainty that Isis (there are enough links supporting this) is causing havoc in Iraq's Christian communities, who are suffering forced conversions, seizure of property, & Death threats. With such behavior, propaganda about FGM is not far-fetched.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

It can be said with certainty that Isis (there are enough links supporting this) is causing havoc in Iraq's Christian communities, who are suffering forced conversions, seizure of property, & Death threats. With such behavior, propaganda about FGM is not far-fetched.
    Do you know where their funding predominantly comes from, out of interest? The rulers of Saudi Arabia. The rulers of Saudi Arabia are heavily into suppressing women's rights both domestically and, by the look of it, abroad too. God only knows why the US is their major ally.

As far as "causing havoc in Iraq's Christian communities" goes, that (unlike FGM) is actually chapter and verse out of the Koran.
    Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Týr View Post
    Do you know where their funding predominantly comes from, out of interest? The rulers of Saudi Arabia. The rulers of Saudi Arabia are heavily into suppressing women's rights both domestically and, by the look of it, abroad too. God only knows why the US is their major ally.

As far as "causing havoc in Iraq's Christian communities" goes, that (unlike FGM) actually is chapter and verse out of the Koran.
    Did you know (of course you do) that 15 of 19 9/11 hi-jackers were Saudi? Did you see the photo of George W. holding the old Saudi king's hand like 2 girls skipping?

God only knows why the US is their major ally. I'd say it has something to do with major capitalists. Certainly not me. You're wasting your time accusing me of supporting U.S. Foreign Policies, or even many internal ones. You are becoming a major annoyance to me John. I appreciate your information, but not the accusatory way you are delivering it. Since you make yourself easy to find, perhaps I'll look you up one day. Your punishment will be paying for dinner & showing me the sights.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

P.S. Koran. Guess what I'm thinking, because if I said it, things might get nasty.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

You're wasting your time accusing me of supporting U.S. Foreign Policies, or even many internal ones.
    You're reeding too much personal comment which isn't in my writing. I quoted your original post, which I took to be an accurate description of your reaction to the lie. I pointed out one of a host of earlier examples of lies in similar situations. I honestly don't understand how you can see the news and believe what's being said, or even your wanting to.

I have two beds now, though neither so far is put together. I do have the right screwdriver and Allen key should anyone arrive seeking sanctuary.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

P.S. Koran. Guess what I'm thinking, because if I said it, things might get nasty.
    I would hope it's that traditional monotheism is a lethal blight and a permanent shame to the world and has been from its invention.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Týr View Post
    I have two beds now, though neither so far is put together. I do have the right screwdriver and Allen key should anyone arrive seeking sanctuary.
    Well......theres an offer you can't refuse Anne..........he is a bit of a smoothie really.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast