Local Time
    11:57 PM
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    10:57 PM

Re: Baroness Warsi quits

Came across this which i found entertaining.

Russell Brand Vs Sean Hannity: Comedian Reacts To YouTube Trolls

Can't make up my mind about russell brand, don't find him that funny but he is good in debate.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Came across this which i found entertaining.

Russell Brand Vs Sean Hannity: Comedian Reacts To YouTube Trolls

Can't make up my mind about russell brand, don't find him that funny but he is good in debate.
    Really strange that this crisis is "Entertaining" and that these 'pundits' 'celebrities' or whatever they are, come across as entertainment, scoring points from the luxury of their plush studio, before 'segwaying' into the titbit for their viewers delight.

Russel Brand, if you can get over strangenesss and misconceptions and the irritating delivery, talks a lot of sense in a knowledgable way......I like him.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

I'm afraid Russel Brand irritates me so much that I switch off after a few seconds - I just can't take his constant whining.

As for Baroness Warsi, I have to admit I don't really know who she is or what it is she stands for. However, regardless of who she is, or what she stands for, I always respect someone who will stand by their principles, whether I agree with them or not.

Mind you, I can't help feeling she might have had a lot more influence if she had not resigned.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I'm afraid Russel Brand irritates me so much that I switch off after a few seconds - I just can't take his constant whining.

As for Baroness Warsi, I have to admit I don't really know who she is or what it is she stands for. However, regardless of who she is, or what she stands for, I always respect someone who will stand by their principles, whether I agree with them or not.

Mind you, I can't help feeling she might have had a lot more influence if she had not resigned.
    Her resignation has brought her to your attention and to others, at the possible cost of her career.

You ought to listen to the content of the Brand meister rather than the delivery, difficult I know but it might be worth it.

Banned
    Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Earlier In the year around March, pressure was being mounted on Cameron by Ministers and back benchers to remove Warsi from office. Her behaviour had again been called Into question, this time for mocking a mock up picture of Cameron and Co In an Eton Mess advert on The Agenda show.
    There were certainly rumours that Cameron was going to get rid of her.

Over promoted and Incompetant.

Her time in government was filled with disasters. She repeatedly narrowly avoided being sacked. Her car-crashes mostly came over her attempts to develop what was effectively a parallel set of policies to those of the British government of which she was meant to be part. Word was that she had become increasingly angry after various reshuffles in which it became plain that she would never be given a ministry. She doubtless concocted in her mind various conspiracies as to why this might be, but the reason was single and obvious: she did not have the ability.

Realising that this ambition was to be thwarted, she manoeuvred to turn her position in Cabinet into one which was somehow meant to Ďrepresentí Muslims. Purest, as well as dangerous nonsense. Everybody in Cabinet is there to represent everybody in Britain. But Warsi encouraged sectarianism rather than diminishing it. And where she could have used her position to side-line the extremists within Britainís Muslim communities, she spent more of her time trying to stop people criticising the extremists within Britainís Muslim communities. She was a notable behind-the-scenes critic of genuine Muslim reformers, in particular.

Baroness Warsi was over-promoted, incapable and incompetent Ľ Spectator Blogs

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Really strange that this crisis is "Entertaining" and that these 'pundits' 'celebrities' or whatever they are, come across as entertainment, scoring points from the luxury of their plush studio, before 'segwaying' into the titbit for their viewers delight.

Russel Brand, if you can get over strangenesss and misconceptions and the irritating delivery, talks a lot of sense in a knowledgable way......I like him.
    Perhaps I was inappropriately facetious, it wasn't the subject matter I found entertaining. If this kind of thing gets people talking and maybe listening to different points of view I amm all in favour.

I find it ironic that that the american christian right that now supports israel are very similar to the christian right that once equally vehemently anti-semitic. I sometimes think the that that support for israel is the result of guilt over their cheerleader activities for hitler and passing laws to prevent jews emigrating to the states in the pre war years.

Religion and politics depressing is it not?

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Religion & Politics are 2 sides of the same coin. Power & Control.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Earlier In the year around March, pressure was being mounted on Cameron by Ministers and back benchers to remove Warsi from office. Her behaviour had again been called Into question, this time for mocking a mock up picture of Cameron and Co In an Eton Mess advert on The Agenda show.
    There were certainly rumours that Cameron was going to get rid of her.
    Eton Mess Attack
    Warsi made the joke after backing comments made by Michael Gove, the education secretary, who last week attacked the "preposterous" number of Etonians in the prime minister's inner circle.

She told the programme: "Michael was making an incredibly serious point that it can't be right that the 7% of kids who go to independent school end up at the top tables, not just of politics, but banking and law and every other profession, and that what Michael wants to create is a first class, world class state system which means that in future years you will have more pupils from state schools, people like me, around the cabinet table, and in that I fully support Michael Gove."
    Good old Gove and Warsi........and I never thought I would ever say that.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Perhaps I was inappropriately facetious, it wasn't the subject matter I found entertaining. If this kind of thing gets people talking and maybe listening to different points of view I amm all in favour.

I find it ironic that that the american christian right that now supports israel are very similar to the christian right that once equally vehemently anti-semitic. I sometimes think the that that support for israel is the result of guilt over their cheerleader activities for hitler and passing laws to prevent jews emigrating to the states in the pre war years.

Religion and politics depressing is it not?
    More a criticism of the format and those that dish it up as News.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast