+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Debates and Discussions.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time
    05:52 PM

Debates and Discussions.

I've just been approached by somebody who knows that I post in Forum Garden from time to time. Although they used to be a member here, they very rarely visit FG. now.

They have asked me to post about another site that wants to increase the number of members who enjoy debating and discussing any subject. You wouldn't have to forsake your membership on here, just pop in to this other site from time to time and enjoy debating etc. with other like-minded posters ! The site link is Board For Us
    Maybe some of you may have heard of it already. I know you would be made very welcome by existing members on that site, and quickly accepted as a friend. Give it a try, you don't have to totally commit yourself and you can come and go as you wish, of course.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Banned
    Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time
    04:52 PM

Re: Debates and Discussions.

So, on one hand, you're saying that this member very rarely visits Forum Garden now but on the other hand, they'd like us to join their new forum?

How does that work exactly?

I'm making an assumption here but I am guessing that this old member rarely visits FG because they find It lacking Interest or the topics not to their taste or because FG has been a little slow of late.

If It's the latter, then surely, taking members from here, would In turn make FG even slower and less Interesting.

On the other hand, If they find the topics and members on FG of value to the forum world, then why don't they continue posting here with our members as well as their own forum?

Are you poaching Mrs? Because If so, we'll slap your bare buttocks with an oily birch twig.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

It is rather cheeky! Oscar I nominate you to pop over there, join up and put a link up for here

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

I only come here to slap the back of Oscars legs occasionally. I can't be arsed chasing her round another forum as well
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

It sounds a bit like EA. People used to advertise that here too. I wonder how they're doing.
    Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!

Banned
    Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

I vote we all descend upon Gilly's house, strip her naked, slather her In honey and tie her to a tree next to a farmers bee hives.

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    So, on one hand, you're saying that this member very rarely visits Forum Garden now but on the other hand, they'd like us to join their new forum?

How does that work exactly?

I'm making an assumption here but I am guessing that this old member rarely visits FG because they find It lacking Interest or the topics not to their taste or because FG has been a little slow of late.

If It's the latter, then surely, taking members from here, would In turn make FG even slower and less Interesting.

On the other hand, If they find the topics and members on FG of value to the forum world, then why don't they continue posting here with our members as well as their own forum?

Are you poaching Mrs? Because If so, we'll slap your bare buttocks with an oily birch twig.
    It is such a pity you didn't read my post properly Oscar Perhaps you'd better go and have another try at reading it. You always seem to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and read the worst interpretation of things, Mrs ! Oh, and if you must know, that particular person doesn't want to visit this site because of the way it went three or so years ago when several of us were hounded off by insults, belittling and bullying. I'm pleased to see that that section of the membership appears to have gone elsewhere now !

Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

I vote we all descend upon Gilly's house, strip her naked, slather her In honey and tie her to a tree next to a farmers bee hives.
    That sounds a bit silly ! And not a little kinky ! I've not noticed this side of you before, Oscar ! mmm

Banned
    Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    It is such a pity you didn't read my post properly Oscar Perhaps you'd better go and have another try at reading it. You always seem to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and read the worst interpretation of things, Mrs ! Oh, and if you must know, that particular person doesn't want to visit this site because of the way it went three or so years ago when several of us were hounded off by insults, belittling and bullying. I'm pleased to see that that section of the membership appears to have gone elsewhere now !
    Au contraire Madam. I read your OP perfectly correctly.

Sorry but you've now totally contradicted yourself.

If you are Indeed pleased to see that the section of the membership appears to have gone elsewhere now and that this ex member doesn't want to visit the site because of the way It went three years ago, then why would they want our members to join their new forum?

It's contradictory. If FG Is now a green and pleasent land with the bullys having gone elsewhere and no sign of that kind of behaviour In the last three years, then there's absolutely no reason for that ex member to start posting here again Is there?
    Or are you saying that the ex member won't risk coming here again In case FG goes the same way It went three years ago?

If that's the case, why target this forum?
    Many of us here over the years are still In touch with old members, mostly on Facebook. We all still talk to each other. So, there's every possibility that word of this new forum will be passed on by members who are still In touch with the bully's as you put It, and you run the risk of those ' bullies' joining the new forum at any time In the future and disrupting the forum. That's always the risk of posting news of new forums and sorry, but I believe you should have done It by private message personally and kept It off the board.

What you have In effect done, Is lay this new forum wide open to any guest looking In who may be friend or foe. Many ex members, even those banned still log on as guests and all of them now have the link Including the one's you regard as the bullies.

So ner

Administrator
    Local Date
    05-25-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Many ex members, even those banned still log on as guests
    ForumGarden's management would like to reassure viewers that no ex-member, banned or otherwise, has ever logged onto this site as a guest. Do not attempt to adjust your reality filters, it has not happened, it is not happening and it will not happen. Deselect the checkbox labelled "Believe everything you reed on the Internet? Y/N", some information will make more sense that way.

|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast