Thread: This thread may cause hysterical laughter

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    12:36 AM

This thread may cause hysterical laughter

To some here.
    After lengthy debates regarding the forthcoming general election of May 2015, naturally, all paties are working in earnest to promote themselves for election.
    It has been deemed and made official that our city has only one parliamentary candidate for the party in a ward of the city rather than stand various candidates.
    The pledge behind this is that the party throw their full weight into a giant campaign to promote that one candidate.
    That unfortunately for me, has been elcted to be my wife.
    I don't wish this to go down the route of my wife or the party she represents but more the question of, if this were you, how would you go about your campaign?
    Many idea's have already been discussed naturally but i'm interested in how you the voter choose the candidate that attracts your cross on the ballot sheet.
    What qualities do you look for or do you go by party alone?
    Even, do you have any idea's other than party line? I welcome all genuine suggestions.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    04:36 AM

Re: This thread may cause hysterical laughter

The pledge behind this is that the party throw their full weight into a giant campaign to promote that one candidate.

Wait, wait..........are you saying..........that our very own oscar is a candidate for public office?

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time
    09:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lake View Post
    It has been deemed and made official that our city has only one parliamentary candidate for the party in a ward of the city rather than stand various candidates.
    Call me thick but I am not getting what you mean here.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Call me thick but I am not getting what you mean here.
    Don't worry Bruv, this is all new to me also and i may not have explained adequately.
    Rather than the party no doubt losing deposits and resources in every ward of the city by standing several candidates in different wards, they decided to use those funds to promote one candidate only and use all resources and monies into one single candidate that stood a better chance than others.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post

Wait, wait..........are you saying..........that our very own oscar is a candidate for public office?
    Yes.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lake View Post
    Don't worry Bruv, this is all new to me also and i may not have explained adequately.
    Rather than the party no doubt losing deposits and resources in every ward of the city by standing several candidates in different wards, they decided to use those funds to promote one candidate only and use all resources and monies into one single candidate that stood a better chance than others.
    So the right wing revival lack the financial wherewithal ?
    You would have thought all the MEPs would have chipped in with their exorbitant wages and expenses for the cause.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    So the right wing revival lack the financial wherewithal ?
    You would have thought all the MEPs would have chipped in with their exorbitant wages and expenses for the cause.
    It's nothing to do with lacking financially. It's about not throwing money down the drain in wards where candidates stand little chance and using the combined finances to promote one candidate that stands a better chance than others and bringing about a far greater swing to the party rather than losses throughout the city. One M.E.P has been expelled by the ex party chairman, the other will be assisting of course.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

She doesn't have to win outright all she has to do is be the least unpopular candidate. Have look at george galloways campaign in bradford arguably it was a protest vote

Banned
    Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    She doesn't have to win outright all she has to do is be the least unpopular candidate. Have look at george galloways campaign in bradford arguably it was a protest vote
    You've hit the nail right on the head gmc. The ward has been selected where the greatest swing is likely and where she's known in those communities.

Local Date
    06-04-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Or as they say "Lethargy Rules UK"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast