Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karma

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:39 AM

Re: Karma

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    It's like the characters in The Water Babies - Mrs Do-as-you-would-be-done-by & Mrs Be-done-by-as-you-did.
    The universal opprobrious detestation in which that vile pernicious squit Charles Kingsley is held even now, dead though he's been these hundred and forty years, might be advanced as an instructive instance of Karmic Retribution in action, were Karma anything other than bogus folklore.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The universal opprobrious detestation in which that vile pernicious squit Charles Kingsley is held even now, dead though he's been these hundred and forty years, might be advanced as an instructive instance of Karmic Retribution in action, were Karma anything other than bogus folklore.
    What have you got against Charles Kingsley?

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time
    09:39 PM

Karma is pretty simple. Ninety percent of all the stuff that happens to us is a result of chains of events that we set into motion.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

What have you got against Charles Kingsley?
    Perhaps you would care to glance through the section of Dr. Newman's Apologia beginning here.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Closed
    Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

i Would reply but I think Karma would get me and find yet another way of having a big dump on my life.. Sometimes I guess it's not karma, it;s just "S.HIT Happens"!

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Perhaps you would care to glance through the section of Dr. Newman's Apologia beginning here.
    The link isn't exactly a section - it's an entire book, and from what I can make out it's just some cardinal ranting on about that he's a Catholic & that he's been accused of something or another.

The Water Babies was written as a protest against Child Labour & how children were committing suicide rather than go on living under the conditions they had to endure. Perhaps Dr Newman was a utiliser of these labours which, at the time, were perfectly legal.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Perhaps Dr Newman was a utiliser of these labours which, at the time, were perfectly legal.
    Kingsley used unsupportable innuendo like that too, when talking of Doctor Newman. It's not really any more tolerable now than it was at the time.

The link isn't exactly a section - it's an entire book
    The section I pointed to consists of only 5872 words. The book itself is a great deal longer, 136432 words. The section I pointed to is a mere 4.3% of the book.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

I don't even know what he's supposed to have done. So, it appears that he accused Newman / the Church in general of being Hypocritical. I quite agree. It always has been, and I don't see it doing anything to change that.

Telling stories in the way that he did was a way of the public aware of the conditions surrounding them, in much the same way as Dickens did (or Aesop, for that matter), while the Church simply watched on, continuing to rake in all their wealth, whilst leaving the poor to starve. Even now if the Church were to realise its assets it could probably abolish World Hunger. That is what is unacceptable.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Even now if the Church were to realise its assets it could probably abolish World Hunger.
    What utter tosh. How can you allow yourself to look so daft in public.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    What utter tosh. How can you allow yourself to look so daft in public.
    I must assume, then, that you are excusing the hypocrisy of the Church.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast