Closed
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:52 AM

Is it?

Just my mind blabbing away here....

Is it?
    Is it so wonderful when you put your life on hold to help someone you love?
    What? People don't put their own lives on hold anymore to help someone they love?
    I have been told I am the best sister, best daughter, some kind of super nurse who is wonderful, intelligent and well spoken.
    I can only say, I have one brother, one father and one mother. They mean the world to me and I would do anything to help them.

There is nothing exceptional about that, it's called love.

Love, love is when you wish you could take all the pain away from your loved one, switch places even. But as you can't, you do your very best to help this person, even if it does mean putting your life on hold. Your life, the life that seems so easy and careless, putting in that extra little effort, the extra little effort that might mean so much to this person.

All you can do is hope it has made a difference.. That real love has made a difference..

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    02:52 AM

Re: Is it?

That's beautiful, Chloe
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe_88 View Post
    Just my mind blabbing away here....

Is it?
    Is it so wonderful when you put your life on hold to help someone you love?
    What? People don't put their own lives on hold anymore to help someone they love?
    I have been told I am the best sister, best daughter, some kind of super nurse who is wonderful, intelligent and well spoken.
    I can only say, I have one brother, one father and one mother. They mean the world to me and I would do anything to help them.

There is nothing exceptional about that, it's called love.

Love, love is when you wish you could take all the pain away from your loved one, switch places even. But as you can't, you do your very best to help this person, even if it does mean putting your life on hold. Your life, the life that seems so easy and careless, putting in that extra little effort, the extra little effort that might mean so much to this person.

All you can do is hope it has made a difference.. That real love has made a difference..
    I know exactly where you're coming from Chloe so very well said.

Helping others gives an enormous boost to your well being.

I have to work so hard to support my husband and do everything around the house but I do It out of love and not for physical reward.

Closed
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Thank you Theia

Closed
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    I know exactly where you're coming from Chloe so very well said.

Helping others gives an enormous boost to your well being.

I have to work so hard to support my husband and do everything around the house but I do It out of love and not for physical reward.
    Thanks Oscar.. And yes you do work hard to make sure Peter has all he needs, he is lucky to have you Oscar!

Banned
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Thanks Oscar.. And yes you do work hard to make sure Peter has all he needs, he is lucky to have you Oscar!
    He's In the dog house right now In Oscar Towers .

Closed
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    He's In the dog house right now In Oscar Towers .
    In the dog house? I hope he got a cuppa and a biscuit to go with that then?

No kidding Oscar, it's hard work.... one of the people i'm talking about is a 32 year old, dying, with 2 kids (aged 3 and almost 5), the other is my dad with heart problems.
    Pffff... it is hard work.. but love makes up for it.. I would trade places with either one of them any day..
    Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to watch someone go through something like that than actually go through it yourself....

Banned
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

In the dog house? I hope he got a cuppa and a biscuit to go with that then?

No kidding Oscar, it's hard work.... one of the people i'm talking about is a 32 year old, dying, with 2 kids (aged 3 and almost 5), the other is my dad with heart problems.
    Pffff... it is hard work.. but love makes up for it.. I would trade places with either one of them any day..
    Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to watch someone go through something like that than actually go through it yourself....
    Well you should be proud of yourself Chloe...

When we lose our loved one's It Is a common trait In all of us that we have feelings of guilt that we didn't do more. We beat ourselves up and when that time comes, we Instead of remembering all we did, we think of the little we didn't do. It's normal, everyone does not In that position.

When my Mother had a massive stroke, she went Into a private nursing home. While other family were free to visit most days, I couldn't. I worked long hours that I had to commute 50 miles to and fro. She only survived another 5 weeks. Thanks to the care home and staff, they'd let me slip In quietly around 10 pm when I finally go home from work.
    When she died, I found myself beating myself up for those last 5 weeks and not being there every day. Instead of remembering things like how I moved In with her when she broke her femur In a fall, I'm beating myself up over 5 weeks. It's a very natural thing to do.

Closed
    Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

mmmmm I had written a whole reply and it seems to have gone missing... lets try again..

First of all; ((((hugs to you oscar)))
    We should rememer the things we DID do... and not the things we DIDN'T do... Hard sometimes isn't it....

Local Date
    07-15-2019
    Local Time
    09:52 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Put my life on hold?

I believe I been a good son, brother and uncle. Never seen in a situation where somebody has been in such dire straits that I should put my life on hold, whatever that means.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast