Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Commandments are Done Away.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:37 AM

The 10 Commandments are Done Away.

`

Are we so ignorant of the New Covenant that we don't understand that ALL OF THE OLD COVENANT IS irrelevant to those who are followers of the teachings of Christ? Real Christians follow Christ and his teachings on loving all men, not punishing others for their transgressions and don't care for material possessions as they care only about peoples spiritual wellbeing (how they live) and don't need other rules.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
    2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
    2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
    2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
    2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Clearly the reference to that which is done away is to the 10 commandments, as it was written and engraved in stone. The spirit is given to those who embrace Christ and his teachings.

Joh 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

According to Jesus' words, the Comforter/Holy Spirit is given contingent upon keeping His Commandments: which is what Paul is referencing above.

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
    Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
    Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
    Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
    Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
    Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
    Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
    Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
    Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
    Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
    Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

An allegory is a parallel example. Those who follow the law are Agar's children. Those who follow Christ (the NEW covenant) are Sarah's.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling (CANCELLATION) of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
    Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

The King of the Jews is Jesus, not Moses. The gospel of the Kingdom are the teachings of the kingdom that Jesus taught. The Kingdom of heaven is comprised of those who embrace and live by Jesus' teachings.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:37 AM

Re: The 10 Commandments are Done Away.

"The King of the Jews is Jesus, not Moses. The gospel of the Kingdom are the teachings of the kingdom that Jesus taught. The Kingdom of heaven is comprised of those who embrace and live by Jesus' teachings."

Jews do not accept Jesus. Period. Believe it or not, I have never even heard any Jew mention Jesus in company with other Jews. You are preaching conversion & after 2,000 years we are sick of your vain attempts. Go convert a Hindu or something & leave Jews alone. He is not considered the Messiah no matter what you preach, no matter how hard you proselytize.

Don't mean to sound harsh, you've got to walk the walk. Jewish people do not need or want Jesus. That's all folks.

eta---Personally, I have nothing against discussing Jesus. I'm rare. Jews do not deal in conversions, we leave that to you. Jews have never sought converts.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Wow, with intolerance like that towards others, sounds like you are describing exactly a person that is in need of embracing Jesus.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    Wow, sounds like you are exactly the one who needs Jesus.
    Don't worry, I like him just fine. Jesus is just all right with me. Oh yeah.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Sorry I changed my post before you posted your last one...lol

BTW, I happen to know some Jews and they are not as intolerant as you expressed in that post.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

I am not intolerant at all. That's because I consider myself to primarily be a human being, not a religion or ethnicity. I was, however, defending my people, many of whom might not defend me. I do this out of my love & pride in the Jewish people & what they have suffered throughout their history.

We all know some Jews. We're everywhere. We either wander by choice or are chased.

eta---I am one of the most tolerant people I know, except for Bruv.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

I think if those who claimed to be Christians actually embraced and followed Jesus' teachings, Jews would not only be proud to embrace Jesus as their own, but they could not deny the spiritual kingdom that he came to establish. As it is, many people have claimed to be Christians who have only wanted to claim the rewards without making the necessary sacrifices.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

You are misunderstanding. The Jews, for the most part, did not accept Jesus as being the one they yearn for, the Messiah. It has nothing to do about how Christians behave or not. I have found that most people behave the same way as every other group.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

I think if there was a real testimony of Christ on this earth, in any meaningful way, then the life of those could not help but challenge all who acted selfishly and harmfully against that witness.

Local Date
    07-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I'm sorry, I have no reply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast