+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather, Moscow

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    05:25 PM

Re: Weather, Moscow

That's a relief, I thought you might be a *cough* Agent..............whatever floats your boat.....Have a good time.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Administrator
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 PM

If I were a *cough* Agent I'd have had Q choose my cold-weather gear in the first place.

|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    That's a relief, I thought you might be a *cough* Agent..............whatever floats your boat.....Have a good time.

Careful, Bruv...dangerous ground
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    Careful, Bruv...dangerous ground
    But not skating on thin ice..............not with those temperatures.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

I could do with a *cough* Agent at the moment. Being on the phone all day is very wearing on the voice.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I could do with a *cough* Agent at the moment. Being on the phone all day is very wearing on the voice.
    Sip honey dissolved in water periodically throughout the day when needed.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

I have, I fear, been snowed on today, and this is the Warsaw leg. The snow fitted well with visiting the old Gestapo prison which is now a museum. English schools should send trips here, nobody should leave these events to be forgotten by new generations.

My shopping is a bit random. What I took to be Tartare Sauce is, in fact, very vigorously Horseradish. Still, waste not want not - I have long thin exciting Kabanos to chew too.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I have, I fear, been snowed on today, and this is the Warsaw leg. The snow fitted well with visiting the old Gestapo prison which is now a museum. English schools should send trips here, nobody should leave these events to be forgotten by new generations.

My shopping is a bit random. What I took to be Tartare Sauce is, in fact, very vigorously Horseradish. Still, waste not want not - I have long thin exciting Kabanos to chew too.
    I am of a view that horseradish should be as vigorous as nature can possibly muster and should never be adulterated with any cream or confection designed to temper its ability to clear a woolly head

There !
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    I am of a view that horseradish should be as vigorous as nature can possibly muster and should never be adulterated with any cream or confection designed to temper its ability to clear a woolly head

There !
    As an accompaniment for steamed Dover Sole it raises a lot of questions, I can tell you.

I have ironed a shirt and applied a bow tie. I have no comb or brush. The woolly head is singularly apt, having just showered. Back to fingers as usual.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    That was, in fact, a good evening out. The Filharmonia hall is elegant in the extreme, I can think of nowhere in Cornwall comparable - granite is not really on a par with an acre of polished marble. I checked in my coat and hat, having walked despite the nip in the air, and ordered a coffee.

The first half was 20th century, a Janacek soufflé preceded a 1944 piece by Martinu which fitted pretty well with my museum trip. The orchestra had a visiting conductor, Jonathan Darlington - whom I'm slightly surprised I'd never seen conduct until today, having had several opportunities by way of overlap - who dances while the orchestra plays. Some conductors step and shuffle, Mr Darlington could have auditioned for Pan's People. In fairness he did get a good response from the players, which is what he's there for. The players were a class act.

The second half involved a mid-twenties lad from Łódź starring in Dvorak's 1895 Violin Concerto. He was sat very far forward which made the occasional eye contact with Jonathan Darlington a bit of a neck-stretch, I thought, but that could just have been impassioned fervour on his part. He was startlingly good, firing on all cylinders from the off and getting more ardent as time went by. There was a point during the second movement when the entire orchestra, and Mr Darlington, just stopped and watched while he went at it. He - Mr Daroch, the cellist - grew quieter and more intense. Misery poured from his instrument. Fortunately the flautist - I'm sure it was Dvorak's intention from the start but it was awfully dramatic - threw him what seemed a lifeline, a theme he could enmesh himself with, and the two of them spent quite a while warming the room with their intimate chat-a-deux. Mr Daroch visibly inflated as the duet progressed, it was almost operatic. I think he mopped his brow with his kerchief when the orchestra as a whole took up the reins again.

I walked back through snowflakes. I hope they've not settled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast