Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 128

Thread: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

  1. #81
    Senior Member Saint_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The High Rockies
    Posts
    3,295
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    07:18 AM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Over-reacted you say? Let's examine:
    Quote Originally Posted by FG View Post
    Had the Western government responses to the criminal acts of 9/11 been criminal investigation, apprehension and prosecution, today's form of asymmetric criminal backlash would never have started at all.
    Here FG suggests that the deaths of 2000 people should have been handled as a simple murder investigation. That is unrealistic for an act of war.

    The deliberate long-term destruction of society in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria by those governments which chose to participate - which includes the French - is the prime cause of the radicalization which is now expressed in uncompromising criminal outrages like that of today.
    But here is where he gets outrageous. He suggests that Islamic radicals would not kill people if only the rest of the world had left them alone. Or as a matter of fact would even have been radical. That is ridiculous in light of the entire history of Islam. Islam, itself, was founded by a thief and a murderer who raided towns and caravans and finally designated himself a prophet. Islam has been a violent, expansionist, and intolerant "religion" since it was founded.

    And as I said, this attack has nothing to do with history as FG suggests. it has everything to do with a fascist-like desire to eliminate everything that does not fit in with their beliefs. My way or die.

    I don't think I over-reacted at all.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Saint_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The High Rockies
    Posts
    3,295
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    07:18 AM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    I've said my peace. Terrorists are evil. All men of good conscience must stand against them without reservation.

    *unsubscribed*

  3. #83
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    I've said my peace. Terrorists are evil. All men of good conscience must stand against them without reservation.

    *unsubscribed*
    I think we have just had a DRONE attack.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  4. #84
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    955
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Do you stand up for that as well FG? It would be ironic in the extreme if you condoned violent death for anyone who didn't believe as you do all while running an internet forum.
    You're very consistent at flinging mud whenever you come into a thread like this with your extremist views. What I wrote in the opening post was "Obviously those who carried and used the rifles today must be found and prosecuted". Further down the thread you'll find "I'd like to see offensive (as opposed to defensive) killing for any reason, by anyone, regardless of what organization they belong to, made illegal by treaty obligation". Take your pick.

    |||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    Your satisfactory is our goals

  5. #85
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    955
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_
    Quote Originally Posted by FG
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_
    NO ONE, for any reason, has the right to kill innocent human beings.
    I suggest you pass that on to your bloody-handed President, the drone-pilots under his command are doing just that on a regular basis.
    That is a bald-faced lie. No innocents are ever targeted by us. Only terrorists. Unless you somehow think that ISIS terrorists and Al Quada terrorists are "innocent." Which you seem to do.
    This really is your consistent level of deception, isn't it. You complain of killing innocent human beings - not targeting but killing. You then go ballistic at the suggestion "we" target innocents. I never suggested "we" did, I said the drone-pilots under your President's command are killing innocents on a regular basis. Or have you never heard the expression "collateral damage"? NO ONE, for any reason, has the right to kill innocent human beings.

    |||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    Your satisfactory is our goals

  6. #86
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,619
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    09:18 AM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by FG View Post
    This really is your consistent level of deception, isn't it. You complain of killing innocent human beings - not targeting but killing. You then go ballistic at the suggestion "we" target innocents. I never suggested "we" did, I said the drone-pilots under your President's command are killing innocents on a regular basis. Or have you never heard the expression "collateral damage"? NO ONE, for any reason, has the right to kill innocent human beings.
    Oh, you won't like this. I apologize in advance. The "terrorists", to keep a common word, deliberately have their weapons facilities located in hospitals, schools, within communities. They have their wives & children living amongst them, instead of separate from their planning activities. That is a reason for so many innocent deaths. Human shields of their own making.

  7. #87
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    955
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Oh, you won't like this. I apologize in advance. The "terrorists", to keep a common word, deliberately have their weapons facilities located in hospitals, schools, within communities. They have their wives & children living amongst them, instead of separate from their planning activities. That is a reason for so many innocent deaths. Human shields of their own making.
    The option not to bomb doesn't exist, then?

    Targeting, by the Overlord against the Underdog, in such utter disregard of the statistically inevitable consequences, is beyond merely shameful. It should be called what it is, and prosecuted for what it is - a crime against humanity.

    |||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    Your satisfactory is our goals

  8. #88
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,619
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    09:18 AM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Quote Originally Posted by FG View Post
    The option not to bomb doesn't exist, then?

    Targeting, by the Overlord against the Underdog, in such utter disregard of the statistically inevitable consequences, is beyond merely shameful. It should be called what it is, and prosecuted for what it is - a crime against humanity.
    The option not to bomb does exist. The inevitable consequences are chosen by the Underdog. There is such a thing as them stopping their violence. No one surrenders anymore. Fight on, fight on. I hearken this to the religious right as well. Abortion, the law of the land, yet.........bomb clinics, kill doctors. Everyone is so convinced they are right and never accept, never compromise.

    What about choosing your fate, and those other lives you are responsible for? If I saw a Gandhi or Mandela or M.L. King amongst them, you can bet your life this story would have a different ending. But no. Fight on, fight on, despite the odds, despite the welfare of your own people.

  9. #89
    Recycled Teenager G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,133
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    I'm bound to agree with Saint.

    However, these so-called ISIS and Al Qaeda mobs are not really proper Islamists, simply because they seem to want to kill everybody, saying that they are infidels and are not of the Islam faith. Therefore must be killed ! I was told by somebody that these terrorists interpreted the Qu'ran saying that there were instructions to kill all 'unbelievers' - infidels ! That same somebody also said that the Qu'ran was supposed to advocate such a thing and that those who killed the 'infidels' would go to heaven. I suppose that's my card marked now ! Good job I'm not religious !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  10. #90
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    955
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: The criminal attack on the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    those who killed the 'infidels' would go to heaven.
    I wonder what you think persuaded Christians to go on Crusade. They did write down their reasons at the time, some of them.

    You'd like a clue??
    The first known use of plenary indulgences was in 1095 when Pope Urban II remitted all penance of persons who participated in the crusades and who confessed their sins. Later, the indulgences were also offered to those who couldn't go on the Crusades but offered cash contributions to the effort instead.

    http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...dulgences.html

    The modern-day equivalent is perhaps the US offer of full American citizenship in exchange for signing up for deployment to the Middle East in the US military.

    Yes, they did.

    |||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    Your satisfactory is our goals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts