Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1222

Thread: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

  1. #121
    Recycled Teenager G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,124
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    But I never mentioned anything about watching the main parties did I !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  2. #122
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    At least Nigel Farage gives an answer to a question put to him, instead of hedging all around it and avoiding the answer like the main parties do all the time. Also, UKIP seem to be more coherent and have more common sense than the others. I will watch with great interest their progress.

    I apologise if this offends........no I don't, if this offends anybody look away.....now.

    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  3. #123
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    But I never mentioned anything about watching the main parties did I !
    Yes, that's true Gill.

  4. #124
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I apologise if this offends........no I don't, if this offends anybody look away.....now.

    Brilliant!

  5. #125
    Cardi Goddess!! Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    15,449
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Farage Frog. I can't help but see Kermit every time I see him on the telly. Can't stand the man, he couldn't hold his own in the debate, displayed bullying tactics shouting at others.

    And I don't believe Cameron either with his working class promises

  6. #126
    Recycled Teenager G#Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,124
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Farage Frog. I can't help but see Kermit every time I see him on the telly. Can't stand the man, he couldn't hold his own in the debate, displayed bullying tactics shouting at others.

    And I don't believe Cameron either with his working class promises


    BB I don't believe any of the idiots. They are all full of s**t, and promises they never intend to keep - when you think about these promises, how the heck can they keep them ? To do all that these wallies 'promise', a vast amount of cash is required and we ain't got it ! We could have it if we severely cut down our foreign aid to countries that don't need it or in fact even want it ! It would also help a great deal if our lilly-livered 'leaders' made all the wayward big companies pay the millions of tax they owe, and have owed for some considerable time. The other thorny point is that UK could save billions every month if they left the European mafia ! What the heck are we doing allowing unelected clicky ne'er-do-wells make our rules and regulations. Originally we joined a Common Market, for trade co-operation, and not a political federation of back-biting countries who are hell-bent on milking the UK dry and turning it into a third world country ! Sorry, but in my opnion, the UK have been suckored in, well and truly, and are gradually being destroyed by Europe. Our 'leaders' haven't got any 'b***s' and Europe are laughing at our incompetence and our sadly inadequate leadership.

    I say that I shall be watching with interest how the UKIP lot proceed, simply because I feel they have said in public what many thousands of UK residents think but are not brave enough to say out loud. I believe that UKIP have got the main parties just a little bit scared, and of course those parties are digging up as much 'muck' as they can to try to disgrace members of this 'upstart' group. It is par for the course, of course, near a general election, for these 'politicians' to slag off as much as they possibly can, any opposition ! It's just so much bulls**t isn't it really ? No I shall just sit on the touch line and be entertained by all the in-fighting.

    I'm not a political animal, but I would love to regain the respect I used to have for the country of my birth. I feel so sad that this beautiful country is being gradually reduced from a once great nation, well respected world-wide, to a grovelling poverty-stricken inconsequential lump of rock protruding slightly out of the North Sea. I'm afraid I do not feel the pride in my birth country that I once had, and it makes me want to weep.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

  7. #127
    Cardi Goddess!! Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    15,449
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    BB I don't believe any of the idiots. They are all full of s**t, and promises they never intend to keep - when you think about these promises, how the heck can they keep them ? To do all that these wallies 'promise', a vast amount of cash is required and we ain't got it ! We could have it if we severely cut down our foreign aid to countries that don't need it or in fact even want it ! It would also help a great deal if our lilly-livered 'leaders' made all the wayward big companies pay the millions of tax they owe, and have owed for some considerable time. The other thorny point is that UK could save billions every month if they left the European mafia ! What the heck are we doing allowing unelected clicky ne'er-do-wells make our rules and regulations. Originally we joined a Common Market, for trade co-operation, and not a political federation of back-biting countries who are hell-bent on milking the UK dry and turning it into a third world country ! Sorry, but in my opnion, the UK have been suckored in, well and truly, and are gradually being destroyed by Europe. Our 'leaders' haven't got any 'b***s' and Europe are laughing at our incompetence and our sadly inadequate leadership.

    I say that I shall be watching with interest how the UKIP lot proceed, simply because I feel they have said in public what many thousands of UK residents think but are not brave enough to say out loud. I believe that UKIP have got the main parties just a little bit scared, and of course those parties are digging up as much 'muck' as they can to try to disgrace members of this 'upstart' group. It is par for the course, of course, near a general election, for these 'politicians' to slag off as much as they possibly can, any opposition ! It's just so much bulls**t isn't it really ? No I shall just sit on the touch line and be entertained by all the in-fighting.

    I'm not a political animal, but I would love to regain the respect I used to have for the country of my birth. I feel so sad that this beautiful country is being gradually reduced from a once great nation, well respected world-wide, to a grovelling poverty-stricken inconsequential lump of rock protruding slightly out of the North Sea. I'm afraid I do not feel the pride in my birth country that I once had, and it makes me want to weep.
    I don't think we should leave the EU, it will cost us more than we can afford for a start and I think it does us more good than bad.
    I might start a thread later when I have more time to research.

  8. #128
    Senior Member FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,285
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    I remember the last campaign where the Liberals based their entire campaign on stopping any further increases on VAT.
    What was the first thing they did as part of the coalition? Raised VAT, of course. So much for campaign promises.

    Cameron is promising an In / Out EU referendum by 2020. Considering the next election would be in 2020, at the latest, that's an interesting promise.

    The Tories are still blaming all their screw-ups on the previous Government. Mind you, they are not alone in this tactic. As far as I can remember, and doubtless before, Governments have always been blaming their predecessors for their failures, and taking all the credit for their successes.

    As for promises - the promises are all the same - just in different wrappings. More public spending, fewer cuts, lower tax rates (Jam tomorrow, Jam the next day, but never Jam today). It's all give, give, give, with never a mention of how it's all to be funded.

    As far as seeing the Party Leaders under fire at the debates, at least Farage & Mliiband have been answering the questions - even if you don't like or agree with the answers. Cameron just seems to ignore the questions altogether & replaces them with his personal campaign soundbites.

  9. #129
    Senior Member FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,285
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    I remember the last campaign where the Liberals based their entire campaign on stopping any further increases on VAT.
    What was the first thing they did as part of the coalition? Raised VAT, of course. So much for campaign promises.

    Cameron is promising an In / Out EU referendum by 2020. Considering the next election would be in 2020, at the latest, that's an interesting promise.

    The Tories are still blaming all their screw-ups on the previous Government. Mind you, they are not alone in this tactic. As far as I can remember, and doubtless before, Governments have always been blaming their predecessors for their failures, and taking all the credit for their successes.

    As for promises - the promises are all the same - just in different wrappings. More public spending, fewer cuts, lower tax rates (Jam tomorrow, Jam the next day, but never Jam today). It's all give, give, give, with never a mention of how it's all to be funded.

    As far as seeing the Party Leaders under fire at the debates, at least Farage & Mliiband have been answering the questions - even if you don't like or agree with the answers. Cameron just seems to ignore the questions altogether & replaces them with his personal campaign soundbites.

  10. #130
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

    Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

    Register to remove this ad.
    OK...... OK......We heard you the first time.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts