+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

But I never mentioned anything about watching the main parties did I !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    At least Nigel Farage gives an answer to a question put to him, instead of hedging all around it and avoiding the answer like the main parties do all the time. Also, UKIP seem to be more coherent and have more common sense than the others. I will watch with great interest their progress.

I apologise if this offends........no I don't, if this offends anybody look away.....now.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

But I never mentioned anything about watching the main parties did I !
    Yes, that's true Gill.

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I apologise if this offends........no I don't, if this offends anybody look away.....now.

Brilliant!

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Farage Frog. I can't help but see Kermit every time I see him on the telly. Can't stand the man, he couldn't hold his own in the debate, displayed bullying tactics shouting at others.

And I don't believe Cameron either with his working class promises

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Farage Frog. I can't help but see Kermit every time I see him on the telly. Can't stand the man, he couldn't hold his own in the debate, displayed bullying tactics shouting at others.

And I don't believe Cameron either with his working class promises

BB I don't believe any of the idiots. They are all full of s**t, and promises they never intend to keep - when you think about these promises, how the heck can they keep them ? To do all that these wallies 'promise', a vast amount of cash is required and we ain't got it ! We could have it if we severely cut down our foreign aid to countries that don't need it or in fact even want it ! It would also help a great deal if our lilly-livered 'leaders' made all the wayward big companies pay the millions of tax they owe, and have owed for some considerable time. The other thorny point is that UK could save billions every month if they left the European mafia ! What the heck are we doing allowing unelected clicky ne'er-do-wells make our rules and regulations. Originally we joined a Common Market, for trade co-operation, and not a political federation of back-biting countries who are hell-bent on milking the UK dry and turning it into a third world country ! Sorry, but in my opnion, the UK have been suckored in, well and truly, and are gradually being destroyed by Europe. Our 'leaders' haven't got any 'b***s' and Europe are laughing at our incompetence and our sadly inadequate leadership.

I say that I shall be watching with interest how the UKIP lot proceed, simply because I feel they have said in public what many thousands of UK residents think but are not brave enough to say out loud. I believe that UKIP have got the main parties just a little bit scared, and of course those parties are digging up as much 'muck' as they can to try to disgrace members of this 'upstart' group. It is par for the course, of course, near a general election, for these 'politicians' to slag off as much as they possibly can, any opposition ! It's just so much bulls**t isn't it really ? No I shall just sit on the touch line and be entertained by all the in-fighting.

I'm not a political animal, but I would love to regain the respect I used to have for the country of my birth. I feel so sad that this beautiful country is being gradually reduced from a once great nation, well respected world-wide, to a grovelling poverty-stricken inconsequential lump of rock protruding slightly out of the North Sea. I'm afraid I do not feel the pride in my birth country that I once had, and it makes me want to weep.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

BB I don't believe any of the idiots. They are all full of s**t, and promises they never intend to keep - when you think about these promises, how the heck can they keep them ? To do all that these wallies 'promise', a vast amount of cash is required and we ain't got it ! We could have it if we severely cut down our foreign aid to countries that don't need it or in fact even want it ! It would also help a great deal if our lilly-livered 'leaders' made all the wayward big companies pay the millions of tax they owe, and have owed for some considerable time. The other thorny point is that UK could save billions every month if they left the European mafia ! What the heck are we doing allowing unelected clicky ne'er-do-wells make our rules and regulations. Originally we joined a Common Market, for trade co-operation, and not a political federation of back-biting countries who are hell-bent on milking the UK dry and turning it into a third world country ! Sorry, but in my opnion, the UK have been suckored in, well and truly, and are gradually being destroyed by Europe. Our 'leaders' haven't got any 'b***s' and Europe are laughing at our incompetence and our sadly inadequate leadership.

I say that I shall be watching with interest how the UKIP lot proceed, simply because I feel they have said in public what many thousands of UK residents think but are not brave enough to say out loud. I believe that UKIP have got the main parties just a little bit scared, and of course those parties are digging up as much 'muck' as they can to try to disgrace members of this 'upstart' group. It is par for the course, of course, near a general election, for these 'politicians' to slag off as much as they possibly can, any opposition ! It's just so much bulls**t isn't it really ? No I shall just sit on the touch line and be entertained by all the in-fighting.

I'm not a political animal, but I would love to regain the respect I used to have for the country of my birth. I feel so sad that this beautiful country is being gradually reduced from a once great nation, well respected world-wide, to a grovelling poverty-stricken inconsequential lump of rock protruding slightly out of the North Sea. I'm afraid I do not feel the pride in my birth country that I once had, and it makes me want to weep.
    I don't think we should leave the EU, it will cost us more than we can afford for a start and I think it does us more good than bad.
    I might start a thread later when I have more time to research.

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

I remember the last campaign where the Liberals based their entire campaign on stopping any further increases on VAT.
    What was the first thing they did as part of the coalition? Raised VAT, of course. So much for campaign promises.

Cameron is promising an In / Out EU referendum by 2020. Considering the next election would be in 2020, at the latest, that's an interesting promise.

The Tories are still blaming all their screw-ups on the previous Government. Mind you, they are not alone in this tactic. As far as I can remember, and doubtless before, Governments have always been blaming their predecessors for their failures, and taking all the credit for their successes.

As for promises - the promises are all the same - just in different wrappings. More public spending, fewer cuts, lower tax rates (Jam tomorrow, Jam the next day, but never Jam today). It's all give, give, give, with never a mention of how it's all to be funded.

As far as seeing the Party Leaders under fire at the debates, at least Farage & Mliiband have been answering the questions - even if you don't like or agree with the answers. Cameron just seems to ignore the questions altogether & replaces them with his personal campaign soundbites.

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

I remember the last campaign where the Liberals based their entire campaign on stopping any further increases on VAT.
    What was the first thing they did as part of the coalition? Raised VAT, of course. So much for campaign promises.

Cameron is promising an In / Out EU referendum by 2020. Considering the next election would be in 2020, at the latest, that's an interesting promise.

The Tories are still blaming all their screw-ups on the previous Government. Mind you, they are not alone in this tactic. As far as I can remember, and doubtless before, Governments have always been blaming their predecessors for their failures, and taking all the credit for their successes.

As for promises - the promises are all the same - just in different wrappings. More public spending, fewer cuts, lower tax rates (Jam tomorrow, Jam the next day, but never Jam today). It's all give, give, give, with never a mention of how it's all to be funded.

As far as seeing the Party Leaders under fire at the debates, at least Farage & Mliiband have been answering the questions - even if you don't like or agree with the answers. Cameron just seems to ignore the questions altogether & replaces them with his personal campaign soundbites.

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    OK...... OK......We heard you the first time.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast