Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1213

Thread: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time
    09:07 AM

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Hi there Magenta, yes we're still rather raw about Jessie, she was such a lovely dog and was a very loving dog of great character. Along with the other 5 dogs and one cat, she will be greatly missed.

As regards the weather, we just are not used to very long hot summers in this country, and I know it is all to do with this global warming period that we are going through. Of course Greenpeace warned about this back in the 60s, and had people of authority taken any notice, we would not have such a big problem now. Typical ostrich mentality, but then what can one expect from the prats that are supposed to be leading our various countries ? It's all 'I, me, my' and money, money, money, and hang the rest of us.

I expect I shall be well gone from this mortal coil by the time things really get nasty, but my son will probably have to cope with it. I feel very sorry for the children that are youngsters now, and I just want to apologise to them all for the stupidity of the various governments who cannot see warning signs, and take appropriate and effective action. Very sad. It was a rather good world that we had, and that through greed we ruined it for our children.

Oh happy days ! I know that I shall endeavour to make the most of what time I have left. Sorry about my gloomy diatribe, Magenta, but I will say that I'm very glad that I am not where you are at the moment. I wish you all the best !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time
    04:07 AM

Hi All, it's been a while, still kickin here! The weather here in Florida, has been extremely HOT, HUMID, and Rainy, no drought here. Heading back to NE at the end of this month, hopefully will have more time to visit here.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Hi there Cars. I forgot that you were the one who spent the winter in the south and the summer in the north. It's good that you are not suffering a drought like Australia is., with of course it's risks of fires when the vegetation gets so tinder dry. Good to see you on FG again, take care.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time
    06:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Hi there Magenta, yes we're still rather raw about Jessie, she was such a lovely dog and was a very loving dog of great character. Along with the other 5 dogs and one cat, she will be greatly missed.

As regards the weather, we just are not used to very long hot summers in this country, and I know it is all to do with this global warming period that we are going through. Of course Greenpeace warned about this back in the 60s, and had people of authority taken any notice, we would not have such a big problem now. Typical ostrich mentality, but then what can one expect from the prats that are supposed to be leading our various countries ? It's all 'I, me, my' and money, money, money, and hang the rest of us.

I expect I shall be well gone from this mortal coil by the time things really get nasty, but my son will probably have to cope with it. I feel very sorry for the children that are youngsters now, and I just want to apologise to them all for the stupidity of the various governments who cannot see warning signs, and take appropriate and effective action. Very sad. It was a rather good world that we had, and that through greed we ruined it for our children.

Oh happy days ! I know that I shall endeavour to make the most of what time I have left. Sorry about my gloomy diatribe, Magenta, but I will say that I'm very glad that I am not where you are at the moment. I wish you all the best !
    Well I guess we should look on the bright side of things .....Greenland will actually be green one day. (bad joke I know but..) I'm still reeling from the federal election outcome we just had over the weekend. Greed won out in the end and now I don't want grandchildren anymore for exactly the reasoning you just gave about apologising to the kids of tomorrow. The Adani mine will be built and we are all doomed. If anyone wants to still see the Barrier Reef I'd get a move on if I were you. There's no bones about it anymore, it's dying and we're helping finishing it off. I too will be off fertilizing the atmosphere before the real stuff happens. Although I will probably die in another firestorm that they are predicting and have done for years.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Just to add more misery to these last few posts. In the UK we are suffering from the equivalent rainfall in a matter of a couple or so days, that we would normally have over several weeks. Needless to say, with all the house building covering natural soil soakaways, much water is accumulating (that's quite a good word !) and finding it's way through villages and over farmland, in other words it's flamin' well flooding !

Our island is far too small for so much brick and concrete construction, so when will these prats learn ? Then I suppose, as summer progresses, there will be a drought and a hosepipe ban ! It is so cockeyed and the government ain't got the faintest clue !

I am so glad we live half way up a hill !

I wish somebody would sort out the various icons, fonts, etc, on this typing page. It could be one of the reasons why we have such a reduced membership at the moment.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

I'm on holiday at the moment in Norfolk. At the moment there is a very high wind, so I doubt I shall be venturing very far from our front door today !

Has anybody seen or heard anything about Zap. She doesn't appear to have been on FG for months and months. I have sent an email, but no reply as yet. I was aware that she was travelling around America visiting relatives, but would have thought she would have returned to her home by now ! I'm a iittle worried, particularly as I sent an email a month ago ! She is a paid up member so has Bryn Mawr got any information which may help?

By the way, when will we get our smilies back, and probably more importantly when will it be possible to use the size feature, the colour feature and the 'Bold' feature etc. please.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

I'm on holiday at the moment in Norfolk. At the moment there is a very high wind, so I doubt I shall be venturing very far from our front door today !

Has anybody seen or heard anything about Zap. She doesn't appear to have been on FG for months and months. I have sent an email, but no reply as yet. I was aware that she was travelling around America visiting relatives, but would have thought she would have returned to her home by now ! I'm a iittle worried, particularly as I sent an email a month ago ! She is a paid up member so has Bryn Mawr got any information which may help?

By the way, when will we get our smilies back, and probably more importantly when will it be possible to use the size feature, the colour feature and the 'Bold' feature etc. please.
    The way it's going probably around February 31st.
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time
    02:07 AM

I second the question...

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Hi Cars and Saint - so good to see you both are still popping in to FG. I suppose we try to keep the faith, as it were, and hope that these (on the face of it) small glitches can be sorted. I, personally, have absolutely no idea why there is such a problem, and why members cannot use all the original facilities. If it is something to do with cost, then maybe an SOS to members for a contribution to help out ? It is so frustrating when members seem to be deprived of the full facilities of such a secial forum as Forum Garden.

I know that I would post a lot more often on FG if it was back to it's original state. At the moment, it seems. that it is just a political posting forum. That is of very little interest to me - I get politics rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV. Oh I know that politics is important, and I know that we all need politics. However, I would love to see some MPs. (in the UK) who actually have some common sense and also listen to the public who they ware supposed to represent and to also act on the various needs of the public.

Anyway, I've stepped down from my soapbox and I leave it for Mr. spot and others to make comments etc.

I hope all members are OK and those who are not very well please get better soon !

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Hi Cars and Saint - so good to see you both are still popping in to FG. I suppose we try to keep the faith, as it were, and hope that these (on the face of it) small glitches can be sorted. I, personally, have absolutely no idea why there is such a problem, and why members cannot use all the original facilities. If it is something to do with cost, then maybe an SOS to members for a contribution to help out ? It is so frustrating when members seem to be deprived of the full facilities of such a secial forum as Forum Garden.

I know that I would post a lot more often on FG if it was back to it's original state. At the moment, it seems. that it is just a political posting forum. That is of very little interest to me - I get politics rammed down my throat every time I switch on the TV. Oh I know that politics is important, and I know that we all need politics. However, I would love to see some MPs. (in the UK) who actually have some common sense and also listen to the public who they ware supposed to represent and to also act on the various needs of the public.

Anyway, I've stepped down from my soapbox and I leave it for Mr. spot and others to make comments etc.

I hope all members are OK and those who are not very well please get better soon !
    Hi G# Gill, it's good to see you here too! Yes it is frustrating not to be able to add large characters, different colors, smiles, etc. And also not being able to separate the sentences to make an easier read of longer posts. And then if need to edit post for any reason, any parentheses, colons etc. in the post go into jibberish! Anyway, have a great day, and stay well. I can only make a smile, by using a colon and a right Parentheses.
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast