Thread: Leon Brittan, RIP

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    09:03 AM

Re: Leon Brittan, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    Spot posted

What you've got there is Jack Kennedy reborn with some extra plus points. Take good care of him, you're only averaging one every fifty years.

How does anyone not Interpret that as favourable to Obama ?
    I shall reply simply to correct your mistake. The first sentence warns America that Senator Obama has charisma in buckets - he's Jack Kennedy reborn with some extra plus points. The second sentence notes that the Americans assassinate around one president every fifty years, and that on balance they're due for another. That being why I said "Take good care of him", which means nothing at all with any alternative interpretation. The only way it can mean anything is in the context of Kennedy's assassination. I know this to be the meaning of the post because I recall working out the number of years per assassination, which involved dividing the length of the Federal Republic by the number of murdered presidents.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Banned
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    And once again it's a deflection into a side stream so as to avoid the main subject :-(

Are we really to go back to the days when every time I went away you'd stir up trouble? I put you on permanent probation then and I'm very close to pulling the plug now!
    Bryn. I am tired of the fights. Do what you feel you have to or what I deserve. I have tried my hardest all day to get through this with Spot and all I see Is public threats now from you almost as though It's fun to see Oscar go through round two after I have been most generous In compromise. I see no action on a post that was clearly designed to bait. It's clear here what's happening. Do you what you feel Is right, It's your forum. I have called for a cease fire with Spot long ago. We could have moved on from here. Peter has apologised also to Spot and admitted he was In the wrong. For Spot to return, Oscar must go.

Banned
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I shall reply simply to correct your mistake. The first sentence warns America that Senator Obama has charisma in buckets - he's Jack Kennedy reborn with some extra plus points. The second sentence notes that the Americans assassinate around one president every fifty years, and that on balance they're due for another. That being why I said "Take good care of him", which means nothing at all with any alternative interpretation. The only way it can mean anything is in the context of Kennedy's assassination. I know this to be the meaning of the post because I recall working out the number of years per assassination, which involved dividing the length of the Federal Republic by the number of murdered presidents.
    Yes, I know you did Spot. That's not the Issue now Is It ? For my own curiosity, I went looking for the post on your post on Kennedy and Obama just to assure myself I did see It. If I'd have got It wrong, I'd have said so. To be honest, after 7 years, I was surprised I even found It. You have now made It clearer as that explanation was not there 7 years ago. Maybe I Interpreted It wrong? That In essence Is the problems associated with only having the written word.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Namechange View Post
    Yes, I know you did Spot. That's not the Issue now Is It ? For my own curiosity, I went looking for the post on your post on Kennedy and Obama just to assure myself I did see It. If I'd have got It wrong, I'd have said so. To be honest, after 7 years, I was surprised I even found It. You have now made It clearer as that explanation was not there 7 years ago. Maybe I Interpreted It wrong? That In essence Is the problems associated with only having the written word.
    You would perhaps have found it more quickly if you'd searched for the other post in the thread which you remembered: "How we will laugh at the doubters, oh faithful one's, when Ali Bingo is trouced by McCain.".

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Banned
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You would perhaps have found it more quickly if you'd searched for the other post in the thread which you remembered: "How we will laugh at the doubters, oh faithful one's, when Ali Bingo is trouced by McCain.".
    I read the entire thread and yep, I got that one wrong eh? However, one thing I seem to have been correct on was my prediction he was going to be a failure.

Banned
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    And once again it's a deflection into a side stream so as to avoid the main subject :-(

Are we really to go back to the days when every time I went away you'd stir up trouble? I put you on permanent probation then and I'm very close to pulling the plug now!
    You have demanded she explain posts 8 and 10 with public threats. So how about you do likewise Bryn, just out of fairness ? You read right through this thread and show me where before post 40 anything that warranted the bait set for me. It was by most reading viewed as a fairly healthy discussion without any real upset until post 40. Have a look and also take note, that i had already posted in the thread which i am sure was seen given the contribution. The fact i'd already posted in the debate shows that the uncalled for dig at my second post was deliberate. Why no reaction to my first post there? How can you keep pulling her back over this again and again yet ignore the cheap dig which was posted long before the posts in this thread? You are hounding her here Bryn with public threats yet you've not addressed why a post could be made to bait in another thread.
    Please show me where before post 40, that post was warranted given it was posted long before this.?

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/ge...it-nuts-4.html

She has indeed been most compromising all day but now it's clear that round two with Oscar is far more entertaining than the desire to move on. I'll be honest here Bryn, I had you down as fairer than this. Also, silence from other members here does not dictate endorsement of your actions.
    This is the forum who boasts light moderation yet can not lay off to allow two members to sort things out politely as they have here. Why that's not been allowed i can only guess.
    I'm not calling you out so don't come back with that. I really would like to know how anything before post 40 incited a personal attack.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lake View Post
    You have demanded she explain posts 8 and 10 with public threats. So how about you do likewise Bryn, just out of fairness ? You read right through this thread and show me where before post 40 anything that warranted the bait set for me. It was by most reading viewed as a fairly healthy discussion without any real upset until post 40. Have a look and also take note, that i had already posted in the thread which i am sure was seen given the contribution. The fact i'd already posted in the debate shows that the uncalled for dig at my second post was deliberate. Why no reaction to my first post there? How can you keep pulling her back over this again and again yet ignore the cheap dig which was posted long before the posts in this thread? You are hounding her here Bryn with public threats yet you've not addressed why a post could be made to bait in another thread.
    Please show me where before post 40, that post was warranted given it was posted long before this.?

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/ge...it-nuts-4.html

She has indeed been most compromising all day but now it's clear that round two with Oscar is far more entertaining than the desire to move on. I'll be honest here Bryn, I had you down as fairer than this. Also, silence from other members here does not dictate endorsement of your actions.
    This is the forum who boasts light moderation yet can not lay off to allow two members to sort things out politely as they have here. Why that's not been allowed i can only guess.
    I'm not calling you out so don't come back with that. I really would like to know how anything before post 40 incited a personal attack.
    Show me anything before post #8 that warranted the heavy handed thump around the ears - by post #40 the thread was already irretrievably trashed.

I have tried, many times, to have a quiet word with Oscar by PM and it has not worked. As I say, she has been on probation since I ran out of patience with having to sort out the trouble she had caused every time I come back from holiday.

Two members do not sort things out politely by trampling over the Garden - read the thread, it's a memorial thread or was until post #8.

To be honest, although this thread has been the trigger, the main problem I have is the way Oscar (and you) have reacted to my post telling her that enough is enough - anything to divert the subject rather than to address it. That does not suggest that anything is likely to change anytime soon and I've no intention to allow this to go on.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Firstly, as I interpreted Spot initial post regarding Kennedy, I read it as being a sarcastic comment to Nomad's posting - although that is just my interpretation - I could be wrong in my understanding of what was said.

Secondly, as to my first having mentioned about about Oscar's criminal record regarding standing for election - if she hadn't advertised it so much I wouldn't have known the record had existed.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    A great man, Nomad. Nobody could push a thread off course faster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8