Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Deflate-gate

  1. #1
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    07:43 PM

    Deflate-gate

    I guess they can't very well disqualify them because seriously, what happens to all the money won/lost on that game?

    And to be frank with you , I've suspected the fix was in all season to get these two teams to the Superbowl... how else to explain the miserable and unexpected performance of my chicago bears?

    'SNL' settles Deflate-Gate once and for all | MSNBC
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

  2. #2
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,045
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    05:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Unexpected?

    Though after viewing the sudden deflation of my Broncos, I have to wonder that you might be correct.

    We had such high expectations in September, did we not?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  3. #3
    Member tazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    78
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    08:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    i think they should disqualify them are make them play the game over to see if they really did win. my team stunk this year go giants

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:43 AM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    This made the UK news today, but how is it an advantage for one team over the other ?
    One team's coach or somebody else associated with them supposedly deflated the game ball, both teams use the same ball don't they ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  5. #5
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    07:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    This made the UK news today, but how is it an advantage for one team over the other ?
    One team's coach or somebody else associated with them supposedly deflated the game ball, both teams use the same ball don't they ?
    Nope, they each have their own set.
    The other teams were just fine when they checked them later.

    From what I hear, being underinflated makes them easier to throw and catch.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:43 AM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Nope, they each have their own set.
    The other teams were just fine when they checked them later.

    From what I hear, being underinflated makes them easier to throw and catch.

    Woweee It didn't have ALL that content when I clicked reply. You have been editing haven't you ?

    This is what you call American Football ?
    Where teams dress up with crash helmets and padding all over themselves and then throw an oval ball about chased by big fellows dressed the same, with advert breaks every few minutes, and they only play with their own balls ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

  7. #7
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    07:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Woweee It didn't have ALL that content when I clicked reply. You have been editing haven't you ?

    This is what you call American Football ?
    Where teams dress up with crash helmets and padding all over themselves and then throw an oval ball about chased by big fellows dressed the same, with advert breaks every few minutes, and they only play with their own balls ?
    I hit reply and then thought I'd add the bit I learned on the sports shows this week so you'd see why they think it matters..
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

  8. #8
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!! YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,531
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    06:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    I'm about sick of hearing about this. I did hear this morning that in the last 8 years the Patriots fumbled every 180 something possessions and the NFL average is around one fumble every 90 some possessions. An under inflated ball may very well be less likely to be fumbled. They have probably been doing this for years. If the NFL has theses rules they should have a representative that checks these things before, during and after games to be sure of compliance.

  9. #9
    Senior Member FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,283
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    12:43 AM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    This is what you call American Football ?
    Where teams dress up with crash helmets and padding all over themselves and then throw an oval ball about chased by big fellows dressed the same, with advert breaks every few minutes, and they only play with their own balls ?
    Yeah - Let them have a go at proper Rugger, with no more protective clothing than a Jockstrap.

  10. #10
    Premium Member flopstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    07:43 PM

    Re: Deflate-gate

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I'm about sick of hearing about this. I did hear this morning that in the last 8 years the Patriots fumbled every 180 something possessions and the NFL average is around one fumble every 90 some possessions. An under inflated ball may very well be less likely to be fumbled. They have probably been doing this for years. If the NFL has theses rules they should have a representative that checks these things before, during and after games to be sure of compliance.
    I read somewhere that there had been a complaint from the team that lost to them the previous week and so they did check them before and at halftime. They just didn't do anything about what they found apparently.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts