Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What are the best speakers?

TxJuggalo

Re: What are the best speakers?

I don't know how long they've been around but, Autobahn is supposed to be the best thing out right now.
    If you ask me if you want clarity get Bose, if you want Bass get Polk.
    (sorry about the spelling)

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time
    09:39 PM

Ive spent hrs upon hrs in search of the "perfect" pair of speakers.
    Its relative to what sounds good to you. Its difficult to duplicate the store sound to how the same pair will sound in your home, there are so many factors involved acoustically speaking.

I settled on a pair of B&W's but Im still not 100 % satisfied, thats the thing about speakers, theres always buyers remorse the next time you hear something better.

I like a clean crisp natural sound, when you hear a horn its distinct & clear.
    I appreciate low frequencies too but if you can duplicate the high end you can always add a subwoofer (which I recommend) Klipsch is a solid choice in my opinion.

In the car I think Infinity is a good all around speaker. I drive a Jetta & the monsoon system is satisfactory but I added an amp and a 10' subwoofer turned down fairly low. I was just looking for a little x-tra body not a THWUUMP ! But its there if the need should arise !

Its fun looking though aint it ?

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    04:39 AM

How big is this car, 1humanbeing, that you can fit a ten foot subwoofer in it?

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time

Its a VW Jetta 4 dr but fairly small.
    2 amps the cd changer & the sub all fit nicely in the trunk with room to spare.
    Theyre making car specific subs now that mount around wheel wells & take up virtually no room at all.

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time

Heres an example spot although its not what I have. I have a passive sub with ports that just fits right in the trunk no problem.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:39 AM

Hi everyone

B&W Bowers & Wilkins based in the UK but American owned make the best in the world ...why ? because I am a production manager there....they are the Rolls Royce of speakers with something for everyones bank balance.
    They are hand made and we are all proud of what we make..... go to...........
    www.bwspeakers.com and have a look at the website. The USA are our biggest customers.

I'll be interested to hear what you think and also to answer any questions.

Happy listening

Bez

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time

I have B&W DM 602's in my home & Im very happy with them but Im not positive Id go with them next time. Its a solid speaker all around but it needs something I cant quite put my finger on, just a little tweak I think.
    I frequently make my rounds to see whats out there and I might be leaning a little towards Klipsch right now, but with speakers its always subjective.
    Im interested in hearing about anything new you guys are doing in the full line your putting out now, you dont see B&W's everywhere here so Im not sure what the co. is up to right now.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:39 AM

SPOT....I have just come across your message....yesterday I posted a reply to 'What are the best speakers' ( yeh...I know...a couple of months late but I am new to message boards) and if you check it out you'll see Im championing B&W speakers....OK, I work there so I would say that wouldn't I !...

Just to correct one point you made......we are a British company but we are BIG in the USA in fact our company is American owned. America is our biggest market by far with Japan not far behind. We are not a high street brand but aim for the audiophile market (I hate that word) Our most expensive speakers are 35 thousand pounds a pair and the cheapest around £150....sorry, no time to work out US $s.
    They use our speakers in all the big recording studios....Decca, EMI, Skywalker studios etc. and several recording artists own B&W speakers as well....Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney etc.
    I guess our market is more Jazz and classical but they sound pretty tasty with any music.
    The B&W website is worth a visit if you're intersted in Hi Fi.
    I've got a pair of small B&W speakers as the main ones for my surround sound, but I use the Sony 'Cuby ' things that came with the DVD player for the rears and center channel. sounds OK to me but I'm not part of the 'golden ear' brigade if you get my drift.
    We've just won the Queens award for Innovation.....I've got a commemorative parker pen to prove it !!!!!!
    Hope you've found this a little bit interesting.
    warm wishes Bez

ArnoldLayne

Iv'e had big Wharfdales in the past . (when I had the room )
    My Kef Q1's are wonderful
    I'm in the process of installing a pair of very small American hand-made Orbs because my living room is very small (Quaint Victorian cottage )

Local Date
    07-18-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Im leaning towards Boston Acoustics as a new favorite. Very natural and crisp sounding.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast