Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best speakers?

TxJuggalo

What are the best speakers?

Personally I love my Lightling Audio speakers. I've got 2 6x9's and 2 3.5's it's not much but it's a good start. I can't wait till I get my (Lightling Audio)Subs. by the way what kind of CD player should I get.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    05:22 PM

Re: What are the best speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by TxJuggalo
    Personally I love my Lightling Audio speakers. I've got 2 6x9's and 2 3.5's it's not much but it's a good start. I can't wait till I get my (Lightling Audio)Subs. by the way what kind of CD player should I get.
    How does one keep up with all the new gear? I've found that speakers are so subjective. What one person likes is like fingernails scratching a chalkboard to others.

So with that - even if I find speakers I like, I'm sure there are probably 500 other models that I don't even know exist that are probably markedly better. Know what I mean?
    Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:22 PM

Bose Speakers

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    05:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    Bose Speakers
    Indeed!

Plus I really like my Klipsch speakers.
    Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

TW2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    Bose Speakers
    Exactly right...Bose speakers for the Highs and Mids but I have 2 15" JL Audio subs in the trunk and they sounds very good.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:22 AM

I've not bought speakers for a while, they just annoy whoever else is in the house. I've four pairs of Etymotic ER-4S way-up-inside-earphones, that block the world beautifully, and a box of various-sized throw-away replacement ear moulds. Anyone visiting just clips into a splitter, if they want to hear what's happening. There's two Sennheiser RS-85's for wandering about the kitchen with, but I prefer the earphones for day to day use.

There's a pair of Linns plugged into the amplifier. Kanns, I think they are. Small but clean. I doubt if they're still sold.

None of this has a lot to do with what's the best - I've never gone for best, it costs too much and I can't tell the difference. I check what I can distinguish, before I buy, in the local demonstration room, and that suits me fine.

TxJuggalo

I don't know, I mean my speakers are consideraly good considering the price. Talking to you guys over the pond is difficult cause you have brands I've naver even heard of. Is their alot of people over there rollin around bumpin?

Anyway what are your major speaker brands?

Ours are:
    JBL
    Jennsen
    Sony
    Pionner
    Kicker
    Lightling Audio
    Kenwood
    and some more I don't remember at the moment.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:22 AM

The cheap end is mostly imports - the Sony and Pioneers you mention, for example - but even so there's a lot of new companies this last ten years at all price levels. Googling (british speaker "reference monitor") comes up with most of the names that I'd expect to see. Linn, Mission, Acoustic Energy, I'd listen to any of those without hesitating. Wharfedale have been about since the sixties and they have low-budget entry models that behave well. I don't expect any of the UK builders have a major impact on the US market though.

TW2005

Quote Originally Posted by TxJuggalo
    I don't know, I mean my speakers are consideraly good considering the price. Talking to you guys over the pond is difficult cause you have brands I've naver even heard of. Is their alot of people over there rollin around bumpin?

Anyway what are your major speaker brands?

Ours are:
    JBL
    Jennsen
    Sony
    Pionner
    Kicker
    Lightling Audio
    Kenwood
    and some more I don't remember at the moment.
    Other than spelling a few of the brands you speak of wrong, I've heard of all of them. JL Audio is in my opinion far better than the brands you speak of, as far as subs and amps go. Bose is the best for Highs and Mids. Jensen are cheap, Kicker distort at high decibels, JBL have both qualities stated before. Lightning, I would never buy. Pioneer and Kenwood are good for head units but thats about it. Rockford Fosgate is the best for amplifiers. Rockford also makes a decent sub.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    07:22 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    best (for my personal taste) i ever had are my KEF C series...they bring my opera very clean and true, even the high Cs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast