+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It will take Muslims to defeat Isis

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    03:05 AM

It will take Muslims to defeat Isis

This has been discussed by all the politicians from different countries for several weeks as to a strategy that would defeat Isis and get rid of them permanately and finally some news pundit that I heard the other day put it quite well and it's what I believe. He said it would take Muslims to defeat Isis and nothing else would work.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    03:05 PM

Re: It will take Muslims to defeat Isis

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This has been discussed by all the politicians from different countries for several weeks as to a strategy that would defeat Isis and get rid of them permanately and finally some news pundit that I heard the other day put it quite well and it's what I believe. He said it would take Muslims to defeat Isis and nothing else would work.
    I couldn't agree more.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    08:05 AM

Yup. Pretty much anything we in the West do will probably just win them more converts in our countries.
    They may actually get the Sunni and Shi'ite nations working together to defeat them.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    09:05 AM

Wishful thinking.

I like this commentary Does the barbarism have a logic?, by Charles Krauthammer to me makes a lot of sense.

So what's the objective? To destabilize Jordan by drawing it deeply into the conflict.

At first glance, this seems to make no sense. The savage execution has mobilized Jordan against the Islamic State and given it solidarity and unity of purpose.

Yes, for now.
    People want quick results.

Jordan is a more vulnerable target because, unlike the U.S., it can be destabilized. For nearly a century Jordan has been a miracle of stability —
    Compared to Lebanon, Syria and Iraq, similarly created, Jordan is a wonder. But a fragile one. Its front-line troops and special forces are largely Bedouin. The Bedouin are the backbone of the Hashemite monarchy, but they are a minority. Most of the population is non-indigenous Palestinians,
    Most consequential, however, is the Muslim Brotherhood with its strong Jordanian contingent — as well as more radical jihadist elements, some sympathetic to the Islamic State. An estimated 1,500 Jordanians have already joined the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Others remain home, ready to rise when the time is right.
    We should be careful what we wish for. Americans worship at the shrine of multilateralism. President Obama's Islamic State strategy is to create a vast coalition with an Arab/Kurdish vanguard and America leading from behind with air power.

The coalition is allegedly 60 strong. (And doing what?)
    What's missing, of course, are serious boots on the ground, such as Syria's once-ascendant non-jihadist rebels, which Obama contemptuously dismissed and allowed to wither. And the Kurds, who are willing and able to fight, yet remain scandalously undersupplied by this administration.

Missing most of all is Turkey. It alone has the size and power to take on the Islamic State. But doing so would strengthen, indeed rescue, Turkey's primary nemesis, the Iranian-backed Bashar al-Assad regime in Damascus.
    Turkey's price for entry was an American commitment to help bring down Assad. Obama refused. So Turkey sits it out.

That idiot who occupies the White House is still kissing the Iranian Mullahs collective butts as they work to create a nuclear weapon.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    It will take Muslims to defeat Isis
    It will take Muslims to defeat American Capito-Fascisn as well. The only question is which Muslims? ISIS? Al Qaida? Or a conglomerate Muhajedeen force?

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

The difficulty comes in trying to threaten a people who consider it a sacred honour to die in their cause. It's a totally different mindset. In a game where only one side abides by the rules, it's the side that makes his own rules up that has the distinct advantage.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    The difficulty comes in trying to threaten a people who consider it a sacred honour to die in their cause. It's a totally different mindset. In a game where only one side abides by the rules, it's the side that makes his own rules up that has the distinct advantage.
    Yes. That is the difficulty. What can you threaten them with?

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post

Yes. That is the difficulty. What can you threaten them with?
    Well..........the British coated their shells with pig fat,allegedly,during the Indian Mutiny..................that might slow em down a bit.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Well..........the British coated their shells with pig fat,allegedly,during the Indian Mutiny..................that might slow em down a bit.
    I was thinking along those lines myself. But this is a new breed. They have no problem to dress up as orthodox Jews in order to board an Israeli bus and blow themselves up .... or detonate their TNT belt at the open market amongst the sides of pork hanging on the hook.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Dear America,

If it was a justified decision to attack Iraq, it is much more so to attack ISIS. It's as simple as it looks.

Go ahead. The innocent victims are waiting for you to prove their blood wasn't spilled in vain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast