Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: It will take Muslims to defeat Isis

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    08:00 AM

Re: It will take Muslims to defeat Isis

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    "THE ROOT CAUSE". Yes, the root cause. How about stop giving them a reason to retaliate, thus making any grievance and violence towards us unjustified? Is that solution equally "so simple"?
    From murdering Coptic Christians to ISIS VIDEO: 17 CAGED KURDISH FIGHTERS PARADED THROUGH STREETS IN IRAQ

Just what is their message?

Tell me.

What would it take to appease them?
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    02:00 PM

Lenn and Four Part.
    If you think of yourself as part of "the west" then you cannot blame ISIS from thinking they are part of the "middle east". If THE WEST perpetrates an illegal war and an invasion of a MIDDLE EAST nation then the people who identify with that region have as much illegal right to strike back on those who did the same. Any other way to look at it is a double standard. I don't support double standards.
    Yes, I think of myself as a part of the West, and moreover, I'm pretty sure that we - the Westerners - are right in what we say and what we do. Maybe the invasion of Iraq wasn't the best what we could do, but nevertheless it wasn't anything similar to the ISIS' murderous activity. So there is no parallelism here and now we have every right to retaliate. And well, this is what the US and its allies should do. Just to delete ISIS from the maps. I wonder why it hasn't happened yet. Whoever is waiting instead of fighting, is responsible for growing on the day-to-day basis amounts of innocent victims.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    From murdering Coptic Christians to ISIS VIDEO: 17 CAGED KURDISH FIGHTERS PARADED THROUGH STREETS IN IRAQ

Just what is their message?

Tell me.

What would it take to appease them?
    You can't cross your fingers behind your back and shout “Olly olly oxen free!” every time you commit an atrocity but then cry “Foul!” when your victim strikes back. Well, I suppose that you could but sister Magdalene will rap your knuckles with a ruler and give you a good scolding when you return to the classroom. Of course, you want me to believe that you sucker punching Arabs in Irak has nothing to do with the reaction of Arabs in Egypt, or Libya, or Syria or any other part of the Arab or Muslim world … is that right?

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
    Yes, I think of myself as a part of the West, and moreover, I'm pretty sure that we - the Westerners - are right in what we say and what we do. Maybe the invasion of Iraq wasn't the best what we could do, but nevertheless it wasn't anything similar to the ISIS' murderous activity. So there is no parallelism here and now we have every right to retaliate. And well, this is what the US and its allies should do. Just to delete ISIS from the maps. I wonder why it hasn't happened yet. Whoever is waiting instead of fighting, is responsible for growing on the day-to-day basis amounts of innocent victims.
    No parallel? A so-called Democratic nations lies about WMD's. It lies. You do know what a lie is, yes? It applies to the international counsel for permission to invade the nation it claims has these non-existent WMD's. The UN refuses to give their blessing on insufficient evidence. So this so-called Democratic, UN member nation tells the UN to stuff itself and invades anyway, rapes, tortures and murders a million innocent men, women, and children. Really quite astounding and for the sake of argument let's call it “murderous activity”.

So now ISIS (with a nose-full) decides to retaliate and astound the world with its own sort of illegal invasion and “murderous activity”. Oh! I inadvertently discovered a parallel! Fancy that!

Also, you say that you have every right to retaliate. So why are you complaining about ISIS? You have every right …. they have every right …. you have every right again ….. they have every right again …... ISIS hasn't told you to stop retaliating. Why should you tell them they should? They are eager to fight. Aren't you?

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    07:00 AM

Well, there is yet another possibility - I think that the decision to attack on Iraq was not justified, but I really cannot say that about the potential decision to attack on ISIS. The latter would be well justified. And in my opinion the US should not wait for muslims to do the job. It's pathetic.
    I disagree. Whatever was done in the past that set up the opportunity for these murderers to come out from their holes is in the past. If you start laying blame, you must go back to at least the days of the fall of the Ottoman Empire, and probably could even go back to the first and second Crusades. But none of that really matters, now.
    We have THIS to deal with and it must be done by the current governments of the region, with the help of the European community.
    The US should back away and offer logistical support, not spearhead the drive. We have done quite enough, already, and will be living with the fall-out from the Bush Wars for generations to come.

Someone else needs to step up to this one.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    08:00 AM

You can't cross your fingers behind your back and shout “Olly olly oxen free!” every time you commit an atrocity but then cry “Foul!” when your victim strikes back. Well, I suppose that you could but sister Magdalene will rap your knuckles with a ruler and give you a good scolding when you return to the classroom. Of course, you want me to believe that you sucker punching Arabs in Irak has nothing to do with the reaction of Arabs in Egypt, or Libya, or Syria or any other part of the Arab or Muslim world … is that right?
    NO !

I am very specific. What does it take to appease ISIS so they don't murder poor Egyptians looking for work or caging and parading Kurdish fighters in a similar manner they burned to death a Jordanian pilot?

* NEWS FLASH *
    just in

ISIS burned 45 people to death in seized Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi, police chief says

ISIS seized al-Baghdadi, a town in westen Iraq, last week. The report of a mass execution by way of fire comes several weeks after ISIS released a video of a Jordanian fighter pilot being burned to death.
    Again I ask, what does it take to appease them?
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

IS's next goal....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SoL After War.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	41446  

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

So this so-called Democratic, UN member nation tells the UN to stuff itself and invades anyway, rapes, tortures and murders a million innocent men, women, and children. Really quite astounding and for the sake of argument let's call it “murderous activity”.
    Do you have any piece of evidence that our (western) forces really used rape, tortures and murders? Because as far as I know, the regular military forces of democratic, western countries just don't do this kind of things. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Do you have any piece of evidence that our (western) forces really used rape, tortures and murders? Because as far as I know, the regular military forces of democratic, western countries just don't do this kind of things. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure.
    Or put videos of beheadings on YouTube.

Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Or put videos of beheadings on YouTube.
    No............they put live TV feeds of the "successful" obliteration of a country's capital, the twisted charred bodies of the dead men women and children are hidden from our view, thankfully.

Maybe sights like this provoked the rise of western born jihadists, the same as napalm crisped bodies gave rise to anti war protests in the 60's.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast