+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Request for LESS Forums ? Fora, Forai

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    08:11 AM

Re: Request for LESS Forums ? Fora, Forai

I was a big Sci Fi fan at one time and Robert was one of my top favs .

Then wife got rid of my collection when we moved and I cannot remember anything he wrote .
    Presumably about Puppet Masters .
    Have never heard of Spinrad -- will check him later .

Never read Sci Fi now as technology news and whistleblower revelations --- real and not so real -- are amazing .
    I cannot get enough of the Secret Space Programme though Corey Goode is a real BS merchant .
    However , William Tompkins is the real deal -- ex NASA etc whistleblower .

P.S.
    Or is he ? Could be one of the best ever misinformation agents .

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Wife?? It never crossed my mind, I must revise my ideas.

There are two essential works as far as Norman Spinrad is concerned.

One is an SF cookery book. Possibly the only SF cookery book. It really is a cookery book though it contains no recipes, it is extremely short, it is a work of informed genius. The author has a copy online at http://cooklikeahumannormanspinrad.b...cook-like.html

The other enraged me when I first saw it, to the extent that I shunned anything else he wrote for the next twenty years. I had taken it at face value and been repelled. It is, in fact, a very clever commentary on SF writing in general. Even so don't read it on a full stomach.

The Iron Dream (1972) is an alternate history novel, the bulk of which is the middle part consisting of a fictional fantasy classic entitled Lord of the Swastika, written by one Adolf Hitler. The first part explains that the deceased author Hitler was a sci-fi writer and that this novel was widely praised by fandom. The third part is a critical review of the novel and its aftermath. According to Spinrad, the book was banned for twenty-five years in Germany, but was finally exonerated after appeals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman...The_Iron_Dream
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Wife?? It never crossed my mind, I must revise my ideas.

There are two essential works as far as Norman Spinrad is concerned.

One is an SF cookery book. Possibly the only SF cookery book. It really is a cookery book though it contains no recipes, it is extremely short, it is a work of informed genius. The author has a copy online at http://cooklikeahumannormanspinrad.b...cook-like.html

The other enraged me when I first saw it, to the extent that I shunned anything else he wrote for the next twenty years. I had taken it at face value and been repelled. It is, in fact, a very clever commentary on SF writing in general. Even so don't read it on a full stomach.
    Am I blind to the obvious?
    Where /How do you acknowledge a post either as thanks or in terms of you being updated on their ability to even still respond / being alive ?

I cannot imagine needing such a facility often though something else indicating dislike /disgust / pure hate might be fun .

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

We turned that option off ten years ago when it became clear that cliques were developing. The site had at that point descended into the online equivalent of barbaric fist-fights.

I am told that emoticons are these days rendered by browsers as actual graphics. Those too can be turned off, not by the site but within browsers by those such as myself who object to the whole notion.

Other than that, one is reduced to words.

eta: or, now I remember, ACK and NAK have the effect you seek.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

. The site had at that point descended into the online equivalent of barbaric fist-fights.

Now that I like .
    Can we have a vote .

P.S. Fist fights are honourable and character forming .
    Discuss .

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Now that I like .
    Can we have a vote .

P.S. Fist fights are honourable and character forming .
    Discuss .
    Gathering the fallen from the four corners of the earth is not an option. We have spent fifteen years purging the incoherent, the disturbed and above all the Canadians, we have no intention to backslide at this late stage.

You have no idea how difficult it is to dislodge the fans of Michael Jackson once they've established a beachhead, either.

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Gathering the fallen from the four corners of the earth is not an option. We have spent fifteen years purging the incoherent, the disturbed and above all the Canadians, we have no intention to backslide at this late stage.

You have no idea how difficult it is to dislodge the fans of Michael Jackson once they've established a beachhead, either.

Good Lord
    But yes !
    Canadians do seem to be one of God's more blatant mistakes .

And it is worrying that Michael jackson fans are still causing trouble . I had thought that we developed the Zika virus to eradicate them .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3