Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: This Alzheimers disease seems to be getting more common !

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:07 AM

Re: This Alzheimers disease seems to be getting more common !

At least there might be a medical reason for your behavior.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    No, but I did lose my balance yesterday, crushed the plastic coffee filter "holder" in my hand, causing lacerations to 3 fingers, and hit my head on the pavement. All I did was lift my foot over one of those short, concrete parking lot partition things and next thing I knew the earth came rushing at me. I have always had difficulties remember certain names like .... uh ... I forgot what it is called now, and I can't find words or correct spelling of them when I'm having a migraine head-ache, although I almost never get migraine head-aches any longer. No, I don't think that I'm experiencing any symptoms but I guess if I were I wouldn't even know it.
    I have spent a lifetime having trouble remembering names, it's insulting to let somebody think they are forgettable, but it extends to my own kids and grand children, calling them a series of names before happening across the right one.........it is a joke now, but is it funny ? I am however wary of people that you meet once and can recall your name years afterward........that is a bit.......creepy.
    I am able to recognise a large amount of records from years ago within a few beats of the introduction.........and that too is .......creepy.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I have spent a lifetime having trouble remembering names, it's insulting to let somebody think they are forgettable, but it extends to my own kids and grand children, calling them a series of names before happening across the right one.........it is a joke now, but is it funny ? I am however wary of people that you meet once and can recall your name years afterward........that is a bit.......creepy.
    I am able to recognise a large amount of records from years ago within a few beats of the introduction.........and that too is .......creepy.
    You've pretty much describe me perfectly! I too get worried about people who remember my name so easily. After several years abroad in Africa, Asia, Australia, and north America I returned home and promptly went to job services to find employment. The guy at the desk greeted me and asked if I still lived on Engelbrektsgatan! He not only remembered my name but even the address and number I had so many years before! I don't think he's human! But yes, just the first few notes of a recording from the late 50's and all through the 60's and I'm right on queue with the melody, lyrics and the background instrumental.

What's wrong with us?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Interesting study

Gout linked to lower chances of developing Alzheimer's disease | Science Codex
    Gout appears to have a protective effect for the brain, possibly thanks to uric acid, the chemical in a person's blood that can crystallize, leading to gout, said a team of researchers from north America.
    Gout, the most common inflammatory arthritis, is linked to a higher risk of heart and kidney problems and their resulting health issues, but previous studies have theorised that the antioxidant properties of uric acid may protect against the development or progression of neurodegenerative conditions such as Parkinson's disease (PD).
    Researchers led by the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology at Massachusetts General Hospital, and at Boston University Medical Center, in Boston, USA, set out to evaluate the potential impact of gout on the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease (AD) amongst the general population.
    So check your feet; are they scaly and itchy (mine are)? That could be a sign of resistance against Alzheimer's.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    My mothers was very much like this as well. She lived to 93 years of age and was quite lucid until her death
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    ..... So check your feet; are they scaly and itchy .... ? That could be a sign of resistance against Alzheimer's.
    I want scaly and itchy feet. How can I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    My mothers was very much like this as well. She lived to 93 years of age and was quite lucid until her death.
    That's good news for all of us.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    I want scaly and itchy feet. How can I get it?
    Run around barefoot.

(You can pay me for the consultation later).

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Run around barefoot.

(You can pay me for the consultation later).
    Funny. That's the same thing Zola Budd said to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3