Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:26 AM

Re: Go Iraq!

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Originally Posted by spot
    You said you liked the Shah

No she didn't say she liked the Shah. She said she didn't like the Iranians since the hostage thing. I didn't like the Shah, & I don't like a religious theocracy any better. Don't put words in her mouth, or mine either.
    They're both adults, they'll work it out.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time
    11:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Thatcher was just a force of nature, much like typhoons or syphilis.

I suspect many of the Labour cabinet, including Tony Blair, were blackmailed into toeing the American line. I'll offer a couple of paragraphs from a web page I found by googling cia blackmail politicians British "new Labour" junior promote.
    When Tony Blair took office following a landslide victory in 1997, few commentators would have suggested that this man would be willing to drag his country into a war of unjustified aggression against a people that have done no harm to the British public. Nor would anyone have surmised that a Labour government would hitch its political fortunes to a shabby cabal of fanatical neoconservative Zionists working to make real their much-touted biblical Armageddon. And no one could have predicted that Blair’s nominally “Christian” administration would transform itself into a licentious club of flamboyant homosexual cruisers and out-of-control paedophiles.

But it is now becoming shockingly clear that the slavish adherence of Tony Blair and Jack Straw to the Bush line on Iraq may have less to do with principled arguments, and much more to do with the fear of CIA and FBI revelations that would make them two of the most hated politicians in modern British political history.

The SCUM: Tony Blair
    Hold the bus!
    You are using a site called the Scum for your argument? I like how Paedophilia comes after Members of Parliment in the tabs.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    They're both adults, they'll work it out.
    I know she is....................................;-)

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    05:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Here in this thread I said that?
    I believe you did, yes. You posted "I haven't cared for Iran since that whole Hostage thing" which I think implies that the hostage thing marks the division between before-the-hostage-thing, when you did care for Iran, and after-it when you changed and didn't. And I'm saying that the before-the-hostage-thing period was that of the Shah, because that's when it was.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Hold the bus!
    You are using a site called the Scum for your argument? I like how Paedophilia comes after Members of Parliment in the tabs.
    I've never seen or heard of the site before. I was looking for a crisp description of the designers of New Labour acting against the interests of the UK, which they did, and the CIA looking for young up-and-coming foreign politicians they could lever up the ladder to power once they had compromising information on them, which they're documented as doing in various times and places. The two paragraphs I found were adequate to put the idea across. The rest of the story the page carries has been hovering in the background of the UK's collective consciousness for over a decade. I'd be delighted to see it explode into the courts while the actors are still alive to face the accusations.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time

I believe you did, yes. You posted "I haven't cared for Iran since that whole Hostage thing" which I think implies that the hostage thing marks the division between before-the-hostage-thing, when you did care for Iran, and after-it when you changed and didn't. And I'm saying that the before-the-hostage-thing period was that of the Shah, because that's when it was.
    'I haven't cared for France since the French Fries Protest' would then indicate I was 'pro' whoever may have been running France before the French Fry protest... am I understanding you correctly?

Be sure and wear a cape when you make these great leaps of yours dear.. I'd hate to lose you to a thought.

Seriously though, at that great age, my concerns were birthing babies and working day to day. Don't you remember how funny everyone thought it was that Amy Carter was said to discuss global issues at supper?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

'I haven't cared for France since the French Fries Protest' would then indicate I was 'pro' whoever may have been running France before the French Fry protest... am I understanding you correctly?
    Yes. Why else would you bother to pick out the moment of the French Fries Protest unless it marked a change in your attitude?

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time

Yes. Why else would you bother to pick out the moment of the French Fries Protest unless it marked a change in your attitude?
    Or it could indicate I hadn't given them a thought at all up to that point(and I say that having taken french in high school).

Freedom Fries.. ahhh the memories that brings back

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time

And wasn't the same person running France before and after?

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    And wasn't the same person running France before and after?
    I should say not - nobody can remain the same person after being subjected to a mass coordinated hate campaign across America. Usually, of course, a person ends up dead, but even the survivors never come out of it unscathed.

President Jacques Chirac, it would have been. That chap gave the British more tabloid newspaper headlines than most people. "I'm alright Jacques", over French farming subsidies, caused mirth. That was The Sun, which tends to revel in this sort of mire-pit. Here's their take on the Freedom Fries story...
    We took copies of a French edition of our newspaper labelling Chirac as Saddam Hussein's whore.

Describing his actions as those of a 'Paris harlot', The Sun argued he was as big a threat to the civilised world as Iraq's tyrant.

Sadly but predictably, the poor, misled French people backed their spineless president to the hilt. On a sunny Champs Elysées, student Angelique Roulois, 18, nearly choked on her baguette when she saw our headline.

The Sun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast