Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project "Black Sun":experiments in anti-gravity?

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:07 AM

Re: Project "Black Sun":experiments in anti-gravity?

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    It must be a bit like being a Roman Catholic, the effort of belief involved in writing that.

In what sense is Paragraph 2 falsifiable?
    If you want to be sarcastic, that's fine by me, as I find sarcasm the lowest wit of all, and hence, take little notice, but why enter a discussion/debate if you feel this way? It reminds me a little of people who create viruses to deliberately infect a computer for no other reason than to cause irritation to the user. Though you may not believe in God, I am sure that some people who may read this could be offended and may be Roman Catholics to boot! For myself, I'm Pagan.
    As regards paragraph 2, ANYTHING is falsifiable,though I have written, in my own words, what I have discovered over time. I have changed no meanings, statements or events, nor added any. All I have written here is , to the best of my knowledge, an accurate account, within the constraints of what is available in the public domain.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

I'm sure you believe it, I don't doubt that for a moment. What I don't understand is the attraction of belief. Why do you choose to believe something like this for which you have absolutely no evidence whatever? It's a choice on your part. Perhaps you can explain what benefit you derive from believing.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm sure you believe it, I don't doubt that for a moment. What I don't understand is the attraction of belief. Why do you choose to believe something like this for which you have absolutely no evidence whatever? It's a choice on your part. Perhaps you can explain what benefit you derive from believing.
    Why does anyone believe anything? For me, belief is based partly on personal experience, on any evidence for or against(that sliding scale of probabilities), partly on intuition,which,in turn, is based probably upon something within the subconscious. Freud had much to say on this. As for the benefits of belief, it may be down simply to wanting reassurance of life's continuum, that things DO have meaning, that we can make order out of chaos, and attain a better understanding of our universe/multiverse/cosmos, and of course, ourselves and our place within this vast panoply! It's a very good question, Spot.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:07 AM

Ah, yes, the Hollow Earth.
    I remember reading about that many years ago.
    Velikovsky was in on that notion, If I remember correctly.

Though the idea was around long before either Velikovsky or Byrd ever dreamt of it.

There seems to be two major ideas. one id that we are on the inside, and the other that we are on the outside, and some mysterious civilization inhabits the inner realm.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    10:07 AM

Ive spent many an amusing while, watching the present day Flat Earth believers on You Tube. I know we are all free to believe in anything we chose to. Some things just catch our imaginations and we run with them but their comes a time with us all when we snap out of our comatose, delusional daydream and start smelling the coffee. So do these Flat Earthers not like the smell of coffee ? Or at least not enough to understand common sense science, the sort even I caught a glimpse of at school.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Ah, yes, the Hollow Earth.
    I remember reading about that many years ago.
    Velikovsky was in on that notion, If I remember correctly.

Though the idea was around long before either Velikovsky or Byrd ever dreamt of it.

There seems to be two major ideas. one id that we are on the inside, and the other that we are on the outside, and some mysterious civilization inhabits the inner realm.
    I'm not sure that Admiral Byrd had much to do with the Hollow Earth theory. He was noted as a polar explorer,though. Many top Nazis belonged to The Thule Society, who seem to believe the Earth had a hidden entrance at the pole (not sure if South or North). Many stories of alien meetings and civilizations hidden "inside" the Earth. The trouble is, with so many wild theories around, it " muddies the water" for the few genuinely strange and unexplained phenomena we occasionally experience on this hurtling rock of ours!

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:07 AM

A form of "antigravity" has already been developed. It's called "quantum locking." It's based on magnetics, but it operates like antigravity.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

[QUOTE=Saint_;1478181]A form of "antigravity" has already been developed. It's called "quantum locking." It's based on magnetics, but it operates like antigravity.

Yowzer!! We're very close to a "breakthrough" here, I would say! Makes me wonder if something akin to this is behind the strange craft we see in our skies from time to time.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Gravity operates as an attraction between masses which reduces with the square of the distance between them. It operates irrespective of temperature, charge, conductivity or magnetic field.

If anti-gravity has any meaning whatever, it can only possibly mean everything in that first sentence but with "repulsion" in place of "attraction".

I quite simply do not understand how the word can be applied to what was just described. Maybe someone might like to explain what I've failed to grasp.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Our knowledge is advancing in this field, but I feel we have a long way to go yet. "Anti-gravity" is possibly a little misleading, as quantum locking appears to be repulsion, using magnetics. If perfected, it could revolutionize air transport and heavy lifting, though!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast