Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weather, Marrakech

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time
    11:03 PM

Re: Weather, Marrakesh

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    There's a hotel like that round the back of Earls Court Tube.
    I think I might have been tempted to keep quiet about that, otherwise everyone will want to have a go!
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:03 AM

I understand there's quite a few hotels like that in Amsterdam as well.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    "Each year, an estimated five million people worldwide are bitten by snakes, out of whom 100,000 die and 400,000 are permanently disabled or disfigured. In Sub-Saharan Africa alone, 30,000 people die from snakebite every year and an estimated 8,000 undergo amputations. "

I should get a book, the Internet is no place for the likes of me.
    Oh dear oh dear... Viper sinks fangs into unwary Indian farmer's todger • The Register
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time
    06:03 PM

It sounds like a good opportunity for a cool trip. Go for it! Just carry a nice wooden walking stick around if the thought of those snakes bother you, so you can smack them if they come close. We've done that forever and a day as kids if we went out in the desert-take a good stick! It was also useful for bothering younger siblings when needed......

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

I should, I suppose, make this thread current. It was 28 degrees when my plane landed, or 82 in real money. Almost a palindromic temperature.

I have heard many snake charmers. I've not looked.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

You're missing some unseasonably mild but damp weather with occasional flashes of bright sun.
    Oh and it's windy, very windy.
    By Friday, its getting colder so I might need to roll my sleeves down
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

I've nothing in my head, got a floor for a bed, my future's at the bottom of a teacup. I've half a pair of shoes and no time to lose, I'm wondering when I'm going to wise up.

It's not as bad as Steve Hammond tells it. I've found places to eat, for example. The temperature went above 30 by which I mean it was hot out. I walked around the walled Jewish cemetery and the tombs of the Saadian dynasty, I can find my way from the kasbah to the far end of the souk and back, and I have paid sensible negotiated prices for essentials off stalls.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Today being a Friday, things are very quiet outdoors. I have eaten, taken coffee and may do both again later.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

I've arranged a trip to the mountains tomorrow, which may involve coming back on Monday but I'm definitely not carrying a laptop with me. I shall have my camera though. The sky has so far been consistently cloud-free and at no time could the temperature be described as chilly. Night-time in the mountains may differ in that regard. I have my leather jacket to hand.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I may, just possibly, have a broken foot, I can't yet tell. A large stone on a mountain path turned under me as I stepped on it. It's not a sprained ankle this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast