Local Time
    07:58 AM

Re: Putin And The Ukraine.........

As a warm up........

"My dog has no nose"
    "How does he smell?"
    "Terrible"

Tony Blair, wanting to get on the good side of voters, goes to
    visit a school in London to have a chat with the kids. He talks to them about how England is a powerful nation and how he wants the best
    for the people.

At the end of the talk, there is a section for questions. Little John
    puts his hand up and says "I have two questions. Why did the English
    invade Irag? And why are we sending troops to Afghanistan?"

Blair says "Good questions............" But just as he is about to answer, the
    bell goes, and the kids go to lunch.

When they come back, they sit back down and there is room for some more questions, another boy, Mohamed, puts his hand up and says

"I have four questions. My Questions are - Why did the English invade
    Irag? Why are we sending troops to Afghanistan? Why did the bell go 20
    minutes early?........... And Where is John?"
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:58 AM

I'm happy with either of them. Both work and I'm pretty sure the original would raise a giggle in Russia as did the Blair one here.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    06:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    It was YOU who added the SURNAMES to the fictional Russian schoolchildren (Misha, Sacha)! The fact that the names used were for the wrong sex is immaterial to this issue!
    You really do spray your buckshot, don't you.

I added two surnames to demonstrate to Gill that she did actually know the forenames were used in real life for males and not females - I chose real people she'd definitely recognize. I think my point was probably that she doesn't pay much attention to what she copy/pastes onto this site.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You really do spray your buckshot, don't you.

I added two surnames to demonstrate to Gill that she did actually know the forenames were used in real life for males and not females - I chose real people she'd definitely recognize. I think my point was probably that she doesn't pay much attention to what she copy/pastes onto this site.
    In which case, you should have been more civil in the way you addressed this minor matter. Courtesy costs nothing, after all, and may save much! For myself, I MUCH prefer civility and good manners, it gets things on a reasonable footing from the start.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    In which case, you should have been more civil in the way you addressed this minor matter. Courtesy costs nothing, after all, and may save much! For myself, I MUCH prefer civility and good manners, it gets things on a reasonable footing from the start.
    I look forward to seeing you attempt it, sir. It will mark a new beginning on your part.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

I look forward to seeing you attempt it, sir. It will mark a new beginning on your part.
    For a man of your obvious intelligence, it is a thing "passing strange" to me how quickly you forget to take your own advice, namely, responsibility for what you post!

I have not been discourteous. I have "picked you up" on a few issues, though. I hope we don't have to have another "reminder"?

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

It's like listening to Round the Horne or watching a Carry On film but without the clever bits.

No doubt you feel that having a rant will impress your vibrant personality on the site. We tend to prefer civil conversation but by all means press on, if you insist.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

It's like listening to Round the Horne or watching a Carry On film but without the clever bits.

No doubt you feel that having a rant will impress your vibrant personality on the site. We tend to prefer civil conversation but by all means press on, if you insist.
    Have you a reflective interior to your cranium? Or are you wearing sunglasses with the silvering on the wrong side? That's probably your world you're seeing there,not mine! As for civility, it takes two,Spot. Reap what you sow, and all that. Old wisdom,maybe, but pertinent.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

I think it's time you were both sent to stand in the corner (opposite diagonal corners that is).

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I think it's time you were both sent to stand in the corner (opposite diagonal corners that is).
    I'm still trying to get over that "I'm not but you are" post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast