+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast

Thread: The observation and asides thread

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    02:31 PM

Re: The observation and asides thread

sick of seeing news broadcasts and videos that are blank and state "not available in your region"

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    03:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    As for the police - despite the organizers saying they have done this pre-announced car cruise before, the police just issued a statement saying they had no knowledge it was taking place. Incompetent intelligence doesn't even scratch the surface.

Monkswood Way, should anyone be in doubt, is a public thoroughfare. 21:45 BST is dusk, sunset was a half hour earlier.
    It's scandalous and beyond comprehension that nobody has yet been arrested for anything related to this blatantly criminal venture. Was nobody speeding? Was nobody driving dangerously?

https://www.thecomet.net/news/steven...-ban-1-6260840 is the latest news report and what it says is that the police have taken no steps whatever. The council is belatedly attempting to move all future events from Stevenage into, presumably, Slough or some other equally benighted sink town.

Perhaps if the Chief Constable were suspended it would encourage his underlings to wake up and at least grill a few obvious suspects. Like the talentless boy-racers, at least.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time
    02:31 PM

You go greta!!!! Give em' a good tongue lashing!!!!!!!

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Mohammad bin Salman denies ordering Khashoggi murder

Norah O'Donnell: Did you order the murder of Jamal Khashoggi?

Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (Translation): Absolutely not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mohamma...es-2019-09-29/

I do not believe you, Mr Salman. Take an oath on your Koran in front of a news camera and say you did not know in advance that the operation was taking place, then I might believe you. Saying you didn't order his murder is a weaselly equivocation.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-27-2020
    Local Time
    10:31 PM

I do not believe you, Mr Salman. Take an oath on your Koran in front of a news camera and say you did not know in advance that the operation was taking place, then I might believe you. Saying you didn't order his murder is a weaselly equivocation.
    I agree. Salman is as slimy as they come.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Re Boris...

I would expect revivals of Ubu Roi in London later toward Halloween this year.
    We all know King Ubu. That deranged dictator we all love to hate.

Impossibly greedy, unstoppably crude, inexorably daft and hell-bent on making the country great again!

Sound familiar?

https://shoreditchtownhall.com/whats-on/kneehigh-ubu
    I bet it will be wonderful stuff.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

People keep talking about heroism. Here's heroism, this is magnificence.

Watch manager Thomas Wolfe explained: "When we arrived a gentleman was tackling the fire using a fire extinguisher. We took over from him and quickly dealt with the blaze.

"It soon transpired that it was Jason Donovan who noticed the fire from his property over the road."

Jason Donovan tackles neighbour's fire in underpants
    The greatest country on earth, Australia.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

“The thing about the greased piglet is that he manages to slip through other people’s hands where mere mortals fail.” That was the optimistic assessment of Boris Johnson’s chances of getting his Brexit deal through parliament by former prime minister David Cameron on Thursday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-david-cameron
    He could have chosen a seemlier metaphor...

David Cameron has finally denounced allegations relating to his private parts, a dead pig and a university initiation ceremony as “false and ludicrous”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9111246.html

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

It's unkind, it really is.

England's Joe Denly will have had better times than he endured on the final day of the second Test in Hamilton. [...] BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew said it was possibly the worst drop he had seen in Test cricket. "Even if you took your 95-year-old grandma out in the garden now, in the dark, and threw her a tennis ball from five yards, she'd catch that."

Former New Zealand captain Jeremy Coney had only seen an easier catch dropped "in an under-nines game in a heavy wind", while England bowler Steven Finn described it as a "goober".

Joe Denly dropped catch: 'The worst-ever drop in Test cricket'
    But the best part, far and away, is the photo of the bowler, Jofra Archer, laughing. That's a sportsman.

Local Date
    01-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I came here for a reason, I'm trying to remember what it was.

Ah. World parcel post.

A snapshot of the current state of the world from a delivery perspective, from the UK's parcel service. They're wonderfully thorough. This is the 7am update, today.

Service Updates UK

All our drivers are out collecting and delivering as normal today. Any service issues will be detailed below.

UK Service Issues: Advisory: Continued High Parcel Volumes - Operational Issues

International Service Issues:

Australia - Bush Fires
    Brazil - Customs Delays
    Channel Islands - Operational Issues
    Finland - Strike Action
    France - Strike Action (impact on multiple countries)
    Nicaragua - Operational Issues
    Saudi Arabia - Customs Delays
    South Africa & Namibia - Operational Delays
    Spain (Madrid only) - Climate Summit 2019
    Spain (Madrid) - Climate Summit 2019

Countries we do not currently deliver to

Afghanistan - No service except GX
    Guinea-Bissau
    Ivory Coast - Partially suspended
    Libya - No service except GX
    Somalia
    Syria
    Ukraine - Partially suspended
    Venezuela
    Yemen - No service except GX

The GX option, for those wondering, is the UK Parcel service GlobalExpress option which starts at £43.50, which is eyewatering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast