+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast

Thread: The observation and asides thread

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:21 PM

Re: The observation and asides thread

I'm more amused that there will be puppetry of the penis ...Trump wants to make America great again, Boris just said in a speech he wants to make Britain/England the greatest country in the world . FFS boys just build a couple of sky scrapers and stop this incessant need to make things "great" .

Meanwhile back in Australia our prime minister is telling us all we need "more love and prayer". IDK maybe we're already great? lol

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    09:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If anyone would like a bet with me as to the nature and extent of insurance cover this "event" or its "drivers" pays out to the injured gawkers, do let me know. You may take the range £1 to £1bn, and I shall bet on £0. And I'll bet no organizer of the "charity event" gets prosecuted either.
    The BBC has a provocative attack today on the entire concept of "car cruising". Not before time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-49151173 - I'll quote in italics.

A retail estate in Dunstable is the monthly meeting place for the area's car cruisers. That, for passing Americans, means some sort of out-of-town Mall. It's where normal people park while shopping. During car cruises these normal people have to put up with the dregs of humanity gawping at the noisiest, most polluting pieces of machinery ever foisted on this long-suffering planet. For some reason, in England these witless twerps are allowed to break every law in the book regarding noise offence. Even in town here half the teenagers with so much as a scooter have deliberately removed the baffles so as to cause eardrums to bleed among the pedestrians they crawl past. I have no idea at all why their vehicles aren't impounded and crushed. Pimped-up cars are welcome? Do these despicable tossers not even know what pimps are? They want to be thought of as pimps?

The way to know whether these events are offensive is to go back the next day and see if there are spinning black tyre patterns smeared onto the road surface. If anyone would like to claim that even one event has finished without any such marks I'd be delighted to see them say so.

cruising is a family-friendly hobby like any other? They'd be less damaging to the planet's resources if they took up fracking.

Their daughter Phoebe, wearing pink ear defenders, has joined them for the meet. There it is in a nutshell. They'll protect Phoebe, they recognize the necessity to defend Phoebe, but they're surrounded by unprotected shoppers trying to get the week's groceries who wish them all to the devil.

The meet is marshalled by a team of yellow-vested volunteers who are poised to oust anybody misbehaving. This includes anyone revving their engine for too long. Too long? In what way is "revving their engine" socially acceptable in any circumstance? In what way is "revving their engine" not already a criminal offence?

A 700bhp Vauxhall Astra van is already, by its mere existence, stomach-turningly disgusting in the same way that a spilled trailer of horse manure on the high street would be disgusting.

Impound and crush the cars with zero tolerance. Problem solved.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    06:21 PM

Havent seen anything like that for a long long time. They are all held at racing car tracks these days.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

There's a baffling tale this week of an old age pensioner being given a local procedure at Leicester Royal Infirmary to shore up his sphincter with an injection to help keep his underwear dry, and the hospital erroneously circumcising him instead. And it was done under a local anaesthetic, and he was there with the team the entire time conscious, and he never said a word to stop them while they whipped the end of his john thomas off and wrapped a plaster round it.

It's the not paying attention or asking why they had a knife in their hand that puzzles me. You'd think the knife was a significant warning sign. But no, the first he knows about it is when they take him into a side office hours later and apologize.

I'm not sure why we let pensioners into hospitals in the first place.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Some stories are just perfect.

Elsewhere at the convention, Droogie, a hacker, described a rather less successful way of testing the cybersecurity of license plates: registering a custom license plate with the California department of motor vehicles that read “NULL”, the code used in a number of common database systems used to represent an empty entry.

Unfortunately, rather than giving him the power of administrative invisibility, Droogie experienced almost exactly the opposite outcome, receiving more than $12,000 in driving tickets. Every single speeding ticket for which no valid license plate could be found was assigned to his car. The Los Angeles police department eventually scrapped the tickets but advised the hacker to change his plates, or the same problem would continue to hit him.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...llance-cameras

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    There's a baffling tale this week of an old age pensioner being given a local procedure at Leicester Royal Infirmary to shore up his sphincter with an injection to help keep his underwear dry, and the hospital erroneously circumcising him instead. And it was done under a local anaesthetic, and he was there with the team the entire time conscious, and he never said a word to stop them while they whipped the end of his john thomas off and wrapped a plaster round it.

It's the not paying attention or asking why they had a knife in their hand that puzzles me. You'd think the knife was a significant warning sign. But no, the first he knows about it is when they take him into a side office hours later and apologize.

I'm not sure why we let pensioners into hospitals in the first place.
    What were you doing in Leicester?

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    What were you doing in Leicester?
    The tale was not autobiographical!

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Twelve girls were registered as Demelza in England and Wales last year. Perhaps it will enhance their social standing once they reach adulthood.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Demelza's was a live music venue and nightclub, great nights out at that place.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Naming children after the place they were initially contemplated ought to be mandatory.

I bet that's where all the Roxys started. And all those boys called Empire and Academy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast