Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bulgaria

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    12:51 AM

Lightbulb Re: Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I'm embarrassed to be British a lot of the time. Nessebar, remembered the name of the place, it was really nice down there and the one place I could eat cake as they understood wheat and gluten free.
    I don't know why it is that it's the Brits who drink till they are unconscious. There must be a logical explanation for it. Yes, Nessebar is nice. We took the Lotto train there for a stroll this last time. I think there may be hotels there as well but I'm not sure. I would have thought glutten free would be well established just about everywhere. Not so?

Local Date
    02-23-2020
    Local Time
    11:51 PM

Re: Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    I don't know why it is that it's the Brits who drink till they are unconscious. There must be a logical explanation for it. Yes, Nessebar is nice. We took the Lotto train there for a stroll this last time. I think there may be hotels there as well but I'm not sure. I would have thought glutten free would be well established just about everywhere. Not so?
    Not in Sunny Beach lol It's a few years since I went and I lost half a stone. Maybe it's time for a trip back!
    There are hotels in Nessebar but not sure they have the same facilities ie balconies and swimming pools as sunny beach. Some are advertised as Nessebar as I recall dropping people off on our transfer bus but they are just at the end of Sunny Beach, they weren't right out where the land train takes you.
    I'm a member of a cealiacs eat out abroad page on Facebook and it seems it isn't much better out there at all. Unless you go all inclusive and pick a branded hotel that are known to provide gluten free options well. It's not just about providing the choice either, we need to be somewhere where all the staff understand the risks of cross contamination too.
    Best places are Spain and Italy, it's just treated as normal there. I can even eat McDonalds in those countries (its a treat to be able to just grab fast food with your family and go)

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Smile Re: Bulgaria

Not in Sunny Beach lol It's a few years since I went and I lost half a stone. Maybe it's time for a trip back!
    There are hotels in Nessebar but not sure they have the same facilities ie balconies and swimming pools as sunny beach. Some are advertised as Nessebar as I recall dropping people off on our transfer bus but they are just at the end of Sunny Beach, they weren't right out where the land train takes you.
    I'm a member of a cealiacs eat out abroad page on Facebook and it seems it isn't much better out there at all. Unless you go all inclusive and pick a branded hotel that are known to provide gluten free options well. It's not just about providing the choice either, we need to be somewhere where all the staff understand the risks of cross contamination too.
    Best places are Spain and Italy, it's just treated as normal there. I can even eat McDonalds in those countries (its a treat to be able to just grab fast food with your family and go)
    I understand now how important it must be that the hotel staff are aware of contamination risks. That is to say that I understand it now that you've just told me. LOL. I suppose you've seen this:
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Province.html

… and this is no help at all:

https://www.schaer.com/en-int/otg/c/...&keyword=Hotel

I guess you'll be holidaying in Spain and be done with it.

Local Date
    02-23-2020
    Local Time

I understand now how important it must be that the hotel staff are aware of contamination risks. That is to say that I understand it now that you've just told me. LOL. I suppose you've seen this:
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Province.html

… and this is no help at all:

https://www.schaer.com/en-int/otg/c/...&keyword=Hotel

I guess you'll be holidaying in Spain and be done with it.
    Well the amount of places on your search there has improved vastly from when I was there!! There were a lot less back then. I do spend a while checking things out before I book, not only with that kind of search but then I read all the reviews and weed out all the places that made people ill.

Brugges was beautiful but a bit of a struggle too and when you are with your children its a nightmare dragging them round whilst they moan just so you can eat.

Think that's why I then opt for Spain or Italy, it's just easier.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Well the amount of places on your search there has improved vastly from when I was there!! There were a lot less back then. I do spend a while checking things out before I book, not only with that kind of search but then I read all the reviews and weed out all the places that made people ill.

Brugges was beautiful but a bit of a struggle too and when you are with your children its a nightmare dragging them round whilst they moan just so you can eat.

Think that's why I then opt for Spain or Italy, it's just easier.
    Not to worry you but I wonder if you've seen this?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ing-bulgarian/

And by the way, why is it that I am not getting any e-post notifications when you (or anyone else) replies to my subscribed threads? If I didn't specifically seek out this one I'd never have known you replied. I've ticked all the right boxes to no avail. I do get e-post notification from the managment but not from fellow members. Very curious.

Local Date
    02-23-2020
    Local Time

Not to worry you but I wonder if you've seen this?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ing-bulgarian/

And by the way, why is it that I am not getting any e-post notifications when you (or anyone else) replies to my subscribed threads? If I didn't specifically seek out this one I'd never have known you replied. I've ticked all the right boxes to no avail. I do get e-post notification from the managment but not from fellow members. Very curious.
    Gosh that poor family, no I'd not seen that.

No idea on emails, I don't get any at all as switched them off

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Gosh that poor family, no I'd not seen that.
    We'd be better off if we hadn't.
    No idea on emails, I don't get any at all as switched them off
    Oh dear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3