+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharm el-Sheikh

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    11:55 PM

Sharm el-Sheikh

Not a good week for the kleptocrat Pharaoh. The British government is being severely unkind during his London sleepover. I wonder what he's done to annoy them. Every rug has been pulled out from under his feet since he left Cairo.

Islamic State, much like the Taliban in years gone by, is a tool of US foreign policy. If the Americans use them to bring down a Russian airliner, well, it wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner. Presumably, with their preference for win-win, they have some advantage to be gained by slapping General Air Chief Marshall Sisi at the same time. I've no idea what it is, but a fair bet is that Sisi has annoyed either the Israelis or the House of Saud. If you want to retire with your syphoned billion, General, you'd better mend your fences with the Exceptional Nations.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    06:55 PM

Re: Sharm el-Sheikh

Your OP is a Rant, nothing more. I'm disregarding it.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

If you can find one statement that I can't substantiate, call me Pinocchio.

Which phrase would you like to focus on. Kleptocrat Pharaoh? Much like the Taliban in years gone by? Tool of US foreign policy? Wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner? Exceptional Nations? British government being severely unkind?

All the phrases individually are supported by evidence. Perhaps it's only a rant if they all get strung together in association in one post. Is that the problem? Putting it into one post?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Just lay it out like there's participation, spot. You're not going to get any feedback as all the American patriots have left.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:55 PM

Right. The Americans are behind everything.
    That's the European Atheist version of "The Devil made them do it."

Spot would fit right in with "truthbringer" or whatever his name was.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Right. The Americans are behind everything.
    Ah. A chance to progress, perhaps.

I haven't said "the Americans are behind everything". I've said two things.

Firstly, that Islamic State is a tool of US foreign policy. They have a lot of money, Islamic State, much of it from selling $20m a month of oil from wells which the US refused for a year to forcibly close down. The week after Russia started bombing and took out the key IS transport bridge, preventing further IS oil sales, the US air force closed down the Islamic State wells and - oh what a coincidence - obliterated evidence of who was keeping them running at the same time. That was a quarter of a billion dollars of funding for the year it operated, that's real money, it's practically a quarter of a General Air Marshall's pension fund.

Surely you're not going to go anywhere near "it wouldn't be the first time they've brought down a civilian airliner", are you? Or "much like the Taliban in years gone by"?

Come on, point to what you object to. Be detailed.

The Russian airliner didn't fall out of the sky without help from someone.
    Last edited by spot; 11-07-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: changed "most" to "much".

Premium Member
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Looks like we drew one in anyway.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

I'm waiting to see someone put their hand on their heart in this thread and swear they believe Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is taking his allotted Presidential salary and no more. That he's not, to be blunt, salting away as much of Egypt's gross domestic product into Swiss accounts and gold bars as can be managed without actually bankrupting the country or embarrassing his owners. Because that's exactly what the previous US stooge, Hosni Mubarak, did for thirty years.

That bit was the "Kleptocrat". The "Pharaoh" bit is the lack of democratic legitimacy, he having staged coup d'état in order to gain control of the secret police and the torturers and the other aspects of Egyptian bureaucracy which allow the possessor to thieve with impunity.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:55 PM

Putting all those words together into grammatically correct sentences that are devoid of any intelligible and meaningful thought is a remarkable skill.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Sorry, spot, I tried, but the funniest thing happens whenever I place my hand over my heart - I begin to recite the cub-scout's pledge. It scared the daylights out of me so I had to stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast