+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Police Brutality?

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

Police Brutality?

A six year old boy has been shot dead by police in Louisiana....Yet another act of police brutality?

Six-year-old boy in Louisiana was likely fatally shot by police says coroner | US news | The Guardian

http://www.inquisitr.com/2545456/6-y...cal-condition/
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    06:11 PM

Re: Police Brutality?

Bit of overkill (no pun intended) on the number of cars just to serve one warrant.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Well, as tragic as this is, there's nothing in the article to suggest that his death was a result of police brutality. The father must bare some responsibility for his death. Unlawful killing doesnt mean that brutality is necessarily involved
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Well, as tragic as this is, there's nothing in the article to suggest that his death was a result of police brutality. The father must bare some responsibility for his death. Unlawful killing doesnt mean that brutality is necessarily involved
    Absolutely. Although if the country wasn't so culturally trigger happy it wouldn't have happened in the first place. I didn't see anywhere in the article that the Police were even aware of there being a child in the car in the first place. When the policy is to shoot first & ask questions later, what can you expect?

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

The way the police behave in the US is sometimes a total disgrace! As you say, he was trying to evade arrest; surely it didn't warrant a hail of gunfire? Sorry, I forgot; we're talking about psycho's in uniform with itchy trigger-fingers!! I've just seen the news article on TV, and 2 cops have been arrested on homicide charges. What's the betting the jury clears them? Surely they could have blocked him in, even if it 'wrote off' a couple of police 'cruisers'?

As opposed to sweeping the car with sustained gunfire and killing an innocent child!
    " To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

The problem is simply that there is a probability any person approached by police may be armed, the police will expect the worst and act accordingly to protect their own lives................and that situation is not going to change anytime soon.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Have you seen how many people have been killed this year by US police? And how many kids? Sorry, there's no excuse possible;-we manage to stop people fleeing in cars by USING CARS TO BLOCK THEM IN!

If the cops had done that, THEN surrounded the vehicle with guns drawn, I'm sure the fleeing man would have surrendered. The police action was utterly irresponsible. Talk about 'retards'!

I'm not sure how you could describe unleashing a fusillade of gunfire on a car carrying a child as anything other than police brutality!

I know I've quoted Snowfire's post, but it's a general comment.

I agree that the father is partly to blame for this, as he must have known how these uniformed psychos were likely to respond!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    12:11 PM

The US police have taken the approach to send the message of don't run, don't resist, and don't disagree. They're getting away with it too. I think it's deplorable, but it is what it is. Anyone who stands up to them is being castrated by the police.

Top Cop Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino | Mother Jones

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    The US police have taken the approach to send the message of don't run, don't resist, and don't disagree. They're getting away with it too. I think it's deplorable, but it is what it is. Anyone who stands up to them is being castrated by the police.

Top Cop Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino | Mother Jones
    Police State, Ahso! Won't be long before we're the same here.....

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    It's a vicious spiral...

He may have a gun.
    I'd better get a bigger gun.
    He's getting a bigger gun - I'd better get a bigger one still.

etc.

Fortunately the UK takes the opposite tack. The UK Police are opposed to being routinely armed because while they remain unarmed criminals are less likely to be armed themselves because they have no need to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast