Thread: Better pick it up

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    10:22 PM

Re: Better pick it up

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    My pre -Raphaelite forbears detested H. Mayhew
    You do them a disservice, some of them were entirely sympathetic to Mayhew's aims. I offer Ford Maddox Ford's image of the dignity of the labouring class as an instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(painting)

Mentioning William Morris would be appropriate at this point too, he was an acknowledged leading theorist and practitioner within the group.

Here, for those with short memories, is Mayhew on the subject:

The "pure" gatherer, after he has been his rounds, makes the best of his way to some tanner in Bermondsey, to whom he is in the habit of selling the article. He sells it to the tanner by the stable bucketful, and gets from 8d. to 10d. per bucket for it. It is used for the purpose of cleansing sheep and calf skins after they are taken out of the "lime-pits." A man generally picks up about a bucketful in the course of the day. My informant earned last week 5s. 2d., and the week before about 6s.; and these he believes to be a fair sample of the earnings of the class. He has been at the calling about four years.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Excellent detail .
    How soon before we reintroduce such a collection method ?

See US cities - San Fran plus Los Angeles in particular--- for the appalling amount of 'pure' on the streets .

Why is it always left wing controlled authorities ?

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    03:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Excellent detail .
    How soon before we reintroduce such a collection method ?

See US cities - San Fran plus Los Angeles in particular--- for the appalling amount of 'pure' on the streets .

Why is it always left wing controlled authorities ?
    Because the right wingers take their dogs to the liberal neighborhoods for their walks.

I can attest to that here.
    The neighborhood across the road from us is pretty well entrenched trumpers. and they alway walk their dogs across the road into the county open space next to our house to let their dogs dump in our space.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time
    05:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Because the right wingers take their dogs to the liberal neighborhoods for their walks.

The neighborhood across the road from us is pretty well entrenched trumpers. and they alway walk their dogs across the road into the county open space next to our house to let their dogs dump in our space.
    Is there a better reason to stand one's ground?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-11-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post

Good to see you relax and bring some light hearted banter to the table .

Fortunately The Donald is moving to better control these Sanctuary Cities before they all become refuse mounds made up from the homeless , discarded drug syringes and tons of human excrement .

America deserves this swamp clean .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2