Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hail Caesar!

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    07:58 PM

Hail Caesar!

Joel and Ethan Coen are among my favorite film directors. Their films are always entertaining, and slightly (at least) offbeat.
    Their latest offering is a salute to the post war movie industry in California.
    'Hail Caesar!' may not make quite as big a splash as 'Fargo', but it carries you into a world that is its equal in zany characters and goofy plot twists that will have you wondering, "What the hell is going on here?"

Josh Brolin is The Studio manager, Eddie Mannix, a solid manly sort whose biggest sin seems to be not being totally honest with his wife as he struggles over a decision to take a job offer that sounds too good to be true.

Alden Ehrenreich is Hoby Doyle, a fresh-faced cowboy actor, who gets his chance to be "the Hero"

George Clooney plays the aging Baird Whitlock, Iconic "Great Actor" at the pinnacle of his career.

Ralph Fiennes is Laurence Laurentz, the "Famous Director" struggling with the finer points of making the scene.

And a "Who's who" of Coen Bros regulars appear throughout the film in supporting roles.

And I'd be remiss to not mention Channing Tatum and his character Burt Gurney (and his dog) around whom much of the twisting plot spins.

This is a film worthy of your hard-earned entertainment dollar. And even worth springing for popcorn.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    03:58 AM

Re: Hail Caesar!

Ive seen the trailer. I quite like the "what's going on here" and I love the Coen brothers, so I will watch this

One of my favourite films was Blood Simple
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    02:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    One of my favourite films was Blood Simple
    Though it was, you'll concede, unsavory. Not a film with which to entertain your granny.

I shall look forward to Hail Caesar! The Coens have never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    03:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Though it was, you'll concede, unsavory. Not a film with which to entertain your granny.

I shall look forward to Hail Caesar! The Coens have never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes I would certainly agree with that.
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
    Winston Churchill

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

I can never help but add the suffix "My Friend" to "Hail Caesar" (See "Carry On Cleo").

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Infamy!

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Infamy!
    Quite.

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Cleo's more famous now than ever before, thanks to Mr Gatiss re-inventing Mrs Hudson.

+ Reply to Thread