Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The fear of this site being religious

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    06:48 PM

Re: The fear of this site being religious

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Easter has nothing to do with Jesus in the first place. It is the feast of Oesther - Pagan Goddess of New Life. In the same way that Christmas is actually the feast of Yule - the Winter Solstice. Both of them Pagan festivals hijacked by the Romans.

Those are true, I agree, notice;

Are Holidays like Christmas and Easter pagan or Christian?.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Mickiel there are only a few cases in the NT where salvation refers to an afterlife. The rest are about liberation from bondage here on earth for many people. I do not accept the "original sin theory of Augustine. "God saw all that he had created and found it to be very good". That is original blessing. Atonement theology is for many scholars a non starter. It is a human concept. I also hear in the forum that nothing cannot come out of nothing. That is contrary to quantum theory. Atoms apparently wink in and out of existence on a regular basis.
    Well if it helps, here's 34 more after life verses.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Afterlife

Also the atoms cannot have originated by popping out of nothing, its impossible; something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist in order to bring itself into existence. Its just that simple in my view.

Atonement is a Godly idea, first revealed in the old testament holy days.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    02:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Well if it helps, here's 34 more after life verses.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Afterlife

Also the atoms cannot have originated by popping out of nothing, its impossible; something cannot bring itself into existence , since it must exist in order to bring itself into existence. Its just that simple in my view.

Yet when challenged with the self same arguement, Creationists use the defence that God brought himself into existence. In other words, "It's impossible for everyone else, but when I want it to fit with what I want, it's the only answer & is the absolute truth".

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Pagan in origin the christian church decided to claim ownership since they were unable to stop people celebrating the festivals all of which occir at times of the year when seasons are changing. Throughout it's history the christian church has been more inclined to ban christmas than celebrate it. Indeed the puritans tried to ban jolloty - laugh and the devil gets in mankind is put on earth to suffer and die then go to heaven. Are you really so ignorant that you need to ask.

Are you trying to claim you have actually read the bible now?

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Yet when challenged with the self same arguement, Creationists use the defence that God brought himself into existence. In other words, "It's impossible for everyone else, but when I want it to fit with what I want, it's the only answer & is the absolute truth".

Well I understand and agree with you here. It is an oxymoronic kind of response. We use the same reasoning; right now, I see no way out of this standoff. We both see what we see. It barrows down to simple things , such as " Like." I like the creationist view on our human origins. I like what I have read in scripture that reveals God actually did create parts of himself, but it stops there, it did not say he created his own whole self. So its really just a mystery, we just don't really know.

But I still , so far, believe that something cannot bring itself into existence, since it must exist to bring itself into existence. And I think, from what I know, that this simply cannot apply to a God. I mean were talking about a God; A being that created us and this entire universe. Man, a being like that can pull off incredible things; how it got into existence, I just don't know.

Job 36:26, " God is Great, we know him not!"

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Pagan in origin the christian church decided to claim ownership since they were unable to stop people celebrating the festivals all of which occir at times of the year when seasons are changing. Throughout it's history the christian church has been more inclined to ban christmas than celebrate it. Indeed the puritans tried to ban jolloty - laugh and the devil gets in mankind is put on earth to suffer and die then go to heaven. Are you really so ignorant that you need to ask.

Are you trying to claim you have actually read the bible now?

Look if you question my reading the bible, I see no reason to have speaks with you.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Look if you question my reading the bible, I see no reason to have speaks with you.
    I'm only going from previous threads when you claimed that your belief in god came from reading the bible but it shortly bacame clear you hadn't actually read it. I still dont think you have you're just using the last thing somebody told you. Don't worry I don't particularly want to discourse with you you're incapablew of having a rational discussion. Debate about religion is pointless unless you can actually come up with a valid reason why you believe in god. Even a simple but I can't explain it I just do is better than the nonsense you come out with.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    08:48 PM

Sorry. Wrong room. I was looking for an argument.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by JacksDad View Post
    Sorry. Wrong room. I was looking for an argument.
    That requires thought something you tend not to get from the religious.

Cricket though what a waste of space all that is happening in this country and there are constant interruptions to report what is happening in the ashes.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I'm only going from previous threads when you claimed that your belief in god came from reading the bible but it shortly bacame clear you hadn't actually read it. I still dont think you have you're just using the last thing somebody told you. Don't worry I don't particularly want to discourse with you you're incapablew of having a rational discussion. Debate about religion is pointless unless you can actually come up with a valid reason why you believe in god. Even a simple but I can't explain it I just do is better than the nonsense you come out with.

Hey look, if you feel these ways about me, then why come on this thread? Why? I don't bother you. I don't need to bother you. And I myself, if I thought a person was speaking nonsense , I would ignore them..

I actually believe in all that I write, and I do my best. It is unfortunate that you see no value in it.

Peace on your journey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast