Make these ads go away.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dementia, Fluoridation and Aluminium - All connected ?

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    11:30 PM

Re: Dementia, Fluoridation and Aluminium - All connected ?

I remember many years back someone made a connection to Aluminum and Dementia, but it never passed the actual testing phase. there was never any actual data to prove a correlation.
    So to extrapolate any further presumptions from that is kind of a waste of time.

There are, as GMC points out, a lot of other things worth spending more time worrying over.

Just to be sure, I spent about an hour looking up all the references that I could related to aluminum contamination in water and food.

I'll be happy to share what I found if you really want to dig through it all. There is simply very little to fret over.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I doubt very much if I would even get a reply, let alone repeat what they say to me !
    You're probably right. Why do you think that is? A vast conspiracy? Or perhaps because your theories have no merit?

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:30 AM

As usual the Conspiracists overlook the most obvious reasons for the increase in Dementia. People are living longer, but Dementia continues to kick in at about the same sort of age range. This means that there is a much higher percentage of the population who have Dementia.

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    As usual the Conspiracists overlook the most obvious reasons for the increase in Dementia. People are living longer, but Dementia continues to kick in at about the same sort of age range. This means that there is a much higher percentage of the population who have Dementia.
    Well, I'm 75 and it hasn't affected me. Knock on wood!

Oops, gotta go, somebody's at the door.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

Isn't that the point? Previously, the "Three Score Years & Ten" was considered to be "A Good Innings", and if a few began to go "Ga-Ga" in their final years, that was to be expected. People reaching the age of 100 used to be regarded a rarity, and not only would warrant a telegram from the Queen, but would have been brought to her personal attention. These days you have to apply to Buckingham Palace for a Birthday Card, which is just a routine form release dealt with by the Admin dept.

Dementia, Senility, or whatever you choose to call it has always been there in the same proportional amounts of people within certain age brackets. It is absolutely nothing to do with anything being put in the water.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time

There are far too many ostriches on this site. As regards age and dementia, seems very odd that there are more and more people in their 50s and 60s who are succumbing to this dreadful disease. I am amazed at how many of you cannot consider that there could be a connection between aluminium in our drinking water and the considerable number of dementia sufferers. It's absolute bollox that the apparent increase in dementia sufferers is only noticeable now because people are living longer !!! And I thought you lot were intelligent and questioning ! Nah you prefer to believe what you are told by certain so-called authoritative people without question.

Sorry but I cannot continue to argue with such closed minds. I think there is no point in keeping this thread open any longer. Seems I'm a single voice in the multitude. Oh well, the story of my life maybe.

By the way I hope Mark Aspam managed to find his way to the door so he could see that there was nobody there.

I trust that you all have had a good laugh at my expense. Do go and enjoy the joke.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Sorry that you are having such a hard time with this, Gilly.
    I am certainly not closed minded about it. I have been exploring the whole dementia thing quite a bit.

There are actually several different aspects of age-related dementia. It is no simple issue.
    One of my grandmothers was a sufferer of Alzheimer's Disease. She began showing symptoms in her late 50s. by the time she was 70, she was very far along, and she lived to be 85. the last tens years, she was little more than a shell of he former self.

Other age-related dementia is far different that AD. It can be brought on by a number of things. There are Trauma induced cases of dementia. and simple old age memory loss.

I knew a professor at one of the local colleges, who was brilliant. he was in his mid-70s and still lecturing, and taking field trips with his students, spending holidays travelling around the world, hiking mountain trails, White-water rafting, and all sorts of things.
    He was in a car crash, and broke his leg. Somehow, he picked up a MRSA infection after the surgery to fix the leg. After the MRSA was cured, he never quite recovered. He quickly lost memory and soon could no longer recognize his wife, or children. He could no longer read, or even retain memories of what he just had fro lunch.

They never found a medical reason for his condition. He lived on for nearly ten years.

Back in the eighties, they first tried to associate Aluminum with Alzheimer's Disease. It never produced any meaningful data.

Like Autism, people have been trying to make reason out of it all for decades now. And all sorts of people have come up with junk science to try and lay the blame somewhere tangible.

Digging into the aluminum in the water supply, I found a number of reasons why trace amounts of aluminum are added to water, and most have nothing to do with it having a sparkle to it.
    It is actually a valid part of the purification process.

However there is nothing but circumstantial, anecdotal evidence to even begin to suggest that there is a correlation between aluminum or Fluoride and any type of age-related dementia.

Unless some real evidence comes along, I think we have plenty of other tangible problems to worry about.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2